The Sound Of Music

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Irwin wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:Everybody run! The hills are ALIIIIIIIIIVE!
No humor was harmed in the typing of this post.
with the sound of music :-
Ahh-ah-ah-ahh! \:D/
...with songs they have sung for a thousand years (literally!). ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

American Eagle wrote:
Irwin wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:Everybody run! The hills are ALIIIIIIIIIVE!
No humor was harmed in the typing of this post.
with the sound of music :-
Ahh-ah-ah-ahh! \:D/
...with songs they have sung for a thousand years (literally!). ;)
..the hills fill my heart, with the sound of music....

someone elses turn.. ;)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I would have loved to see it. The Sound of Music is a lovely movie. :inlove:

Put that on our list of things to do together someday, LizzieG! :yes:
If you go on my Facebook...I was able to tour quite a few of the film sets in Austria, and there are pictures...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Frank wrote:I would have loved to see it. The Sound of Music is a lovely movie. :inlove:

If you go on my Facebook...I was able to tour quite a few of the film sets in Austria, and there are pictures...
Add me to that list too, please! Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :pray: I've listened to the soundtrack about 20 times in the last couple weeks, if that qualifies me for anything. I must have done something good. O:)

Whoa, that must have been totally awesome! How fun!
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Josef1004 wrote:The sound of music rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBepgH00GM
That was awesome. I love those vids.

I sure wish The Sound of Music were on Blu-ray. It's a gorgeous-looking movie and it would be even better if the hills were alive with the 7.1 Dolby TrueHD surround sound of music. \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I love the Sound of Music! I was Frederick in my high school spring musical last year. =] It was a blast.
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

GlennAdams wrote:I love the Sound of Music! I was Frederick in my high school spring musical last year. =] It was a blast.
Whoa, very cool! :D Did you do the original theatre version, with a couple of the songs in different places than the movie and the additional numbers and little plot differences, or was it basically like the movie, just in play form? I'm sure it was a ton of fun either way - I'm just curious. :)

Boswell, I don't have a Blu-ray player yet, but a fantastic Sound of Music release certainly would push me more in that direction! :D I have the 40th anniversary DVD (there's definitely some good bonus features on the 2-disc version), but 2010 is the 45th anniversary, so maybe there is something super good coming our way!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

You could wait until the 50th anniversary-- that would get much more attention and bonus features!

But why wait so long for such a good film?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Catspaw wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:I love the Sound of Music! I was Frederick in my high school spring musical last year. =] It was a blast.
Whoa, very cool! :D Did you do the original theatre version, with a couple of the songs in different places than the movie and the additional numbers and little plot differences, or was it basically like the movie, just in play form? I'm sure it was a ton of fun either way - I'm just curious. :)

Boswell, I don't have a Blu-ray player yet, but a fantastic Sound of Music release certainly would push me more in that direction! :D I have the 40th anniversary DVD (there's definitely some good bonus features on the 2-disc version), but 2010 is the 45th anniversary, so maybe there is something super good coming our way!
Catspaw,we performed the original play with the songs in different places. I was bummed that there was no puppet scene but rather, that song was done during Liesel and Maria's bedroom scene. There was also a song that wasn't performed in the movie that I really liked. I don't remember the name off off the top of my head.
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

GlennAdams wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Catspaw,we performed the original play with the songs in different places. I was bummed that there was no puppet scene but rather, that song was done during Liesel and Maria's bedroom scene. There was also a song that wasn't performed in the movie that I really liked. I don't remember the name off off the top of my head.
Very cool! :D The puppet scene in the movie is really great, but I can see how that would be hard to emulate onstage, especially for smaller budget productions like high school plays. Plus it's more authentic to the original theatre production. Was that song "How Can Love Survive?" or "No Way to Stop It"? Amazon has a soundtrack available from the theatre version from London in 2006. :D Click here for Amazon.ca and here for Amazon.com. \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Catspaw wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Very cool! :D The puppet scene in the movie is really great, but I can see how that would be hard to emulate onstage, especially for smaller budget productions like high school plays. Plus it's more authentic to the original theatre production. Was that song "How Can Love Survive?" or "No Way to Stop It"? Amazon has a soundtrack available from the theatre version from London in 2006. :D Click here for Amazon.ca and here for Amazon.com. \:D/
No, I meant that the puppet scene was never in the original production of the play... It was only in the movie. Actually, both songs are really good. I liked "How can love survive more" In that song or No way to stop It, it is the captain, uncle max, and the baroness all sing together. It's pretty interesting.
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

GlennAdams wrote:No, I meant that the puppet scene was never in the original production of the play... It was only in the movie. Actually, both songs are really good. I liked "How can love survive more" In that song or No way to stop It, it is the captain, uncle max, and the baroness all sing together. It's pretty interesting.
We must have miscommunicated, then, because I meant that it was never in the original production either. :anxious: So we're on the same page. \:D/ Good stuff.

I watched that video finally, Josef - that was sooo great! I loved it! \:D/ Thanks for the link. :D
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Catspaw wrote:
Frank wrote:I would have loved to see it. The Sound of Music is a lovely movie. :inlove:

Add me to that list too, please! Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :pray: I've listened to the soundtrack about 20 times in the last couple weeks, if that qualifies me for anything. I must have done something good. O:)

You've been added, and are now number 57 on the waiting list for your own timeslot for a Fun, Friendship, and Fellowship Time with Frank. \:D/

I have the strangest sensation that we sang "I Must've Done Something Good" in CO together...or at least the subject came up. Do you remember, Catspaw dearest? :-k
Last edited by Frank on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Sound of Music proves Intelligent Design! \:D/

Living Waters sent that to me, and I thought it fit this thread well. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Frank wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

You've been added, and are now number 57 on the waiting list for your own timeslot for a Fun, Friendship, and Fellowship Time with Frank. \:D/

I have the strangest sensation that we sang "I Must've Done Something Good" in CO together...or at least the subject came up. Do you remember, Catspaw dearest? :-k
All I need to know now is who I need to eliminate to move up on the list! O:)

I have such an awful singing voice that you may have tried to block such an experience out of your memory. ;) I don't remember us singing together (for the aforementioned reason) but we might have talked about it. It sounds like the kind of thing we would have done, anyway! :D

When I have time to load it, I'll have to watch your video, AE.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Sound of Music is fa-nominal, I want to see it in theater. My favourite song would have to be the overture.