Where the Wild Things Are

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Are you hyped?!

YES! LAY IT ON ME!
75%
No! Don't lay it on me. :(
25%

Total votes: 4

xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Is anyone else hyped up for the movie adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are?

It's directed by Spike Jonze - a fantastic director and excellent choice for this movie - and from the trailer, it looks fantastic. I love the music too - Arcade Fire!

I would even go so far as to say that it seems to be a much better adaptation than what Alice in Wonderland is shaping up to be. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've never read the book, but I've followed the movie for a while. It looks pretty good, and I'm sure my family will watch it eventually.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

The movie gave my little brother nightmmares. One of the wild things in the book reminds me of my grandma.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Oh, a definite yes! I'm excited not only because the book is a classic, but because the Jim Henson Company built the "Wild Things" for the movie.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
xiao

Post by xiao »

Yeah, I'm really glad they went with costumes with CGI'd faces rather than just stupid CGI Wild Things. That's ruined so many good movies.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

My mom read that book when I was little! \:D/

... Or so I'm told. I don't particularly remember it. I think she read it, anyway. :-k Oh well. It seems like a really good movie. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

Puppet things.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

*thread merged*

Okay, so I just went to see the movie with a bunch of guys on my floor. I was totally unfamiliar with the plot, having never read the book. There was so much symbolism in the movie... I think that the movie was depicting all the wild things as different parts of his personality... I think that Casey was representing his family relationships. Pretty much the whole movie was way deeper than I would have ever thought. It went over my head, at times. The average ten year old is not going to see past the obvious of this movie.... Any other thoughts?
I do what I do.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

*headbang*

I.want.to.see.this.movie.

was my absolute favorite story, as a child. I used to hug it to sleep, at night. *sniffle*

From what I've heard of it, it wasn't made to be a childrens' movie. Just taking a great idea and 'making it better.' We shall see, though. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I haven't seen the movie, or read the book, but it does look interesting! From looking at box office numbers, it appears to be a very successful movie. I'll probably watch it on DVD. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

If you watch the trailer and change out the music for some intense horror-eque music, it'd totally fit.

Just saying. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:If you watch the trailer and change out the music for some intense horror-eque music, it'd totally fit.

Just saying. ;)

-Cowboy
*snickers*
I loved that book as a child because it really fired my imagination, but the trailer made me go, "Eh, I think I'd rather just stick with my imagination."
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I was just going to make this thread, in fact.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
xiao

Post by xiao »

GlennAdams wrote:I think that Casey was representing his family relationships.
Um... do you mean KW?
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I haven't seen the movie, but I never really cared for the book as a child. I don't think I care to see the movie, because the preview and several articles have cited the movie as "too adult". If adults will understand it and most kids won't, I probably won't enjoy it (or maybe I will). I'll have to see the movie to be able to really say.
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

xiao wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:I think that Casey was representing his family relationships.
Um... do you mean KW?
haha. Yes, I meant KW... I'd already forgotten.
I do what I do.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I love this movie!! I went to see it this past week with my English class and I thought it was really good. I agree, there was a whole lot of symbolism in it.

It almost made me cry a couple times...lol.

<3<3<3
BBB
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My friend watched it. She didn't like it very much. So, I probably won't watch it.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I totally recommend this movie. I really liked it. And I'm not a big first-a-book-now-a-famous-movie thing fan. :noway:

Good book. Good movie. Good story, in general. \:D/

BE STILL. :x
don't forget the rain.