Forget and Not Slow Down

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Forget and Not Slow Down

Post by GlennAdams »

What do you guys think of Relient K's newest CD, Forget and not Slow Down?

I preordered it and was so excited to get it in the mail. I also got my name on a poster for an extra 5 dollars.

I am definitely a fan of the whole CD. My favorite song is Candlelight... I just wish that there were more Christian songs on the album... iTunes even labeled the CD as alternative, rather than Gospel & Rock, which they have done for every other Cd...

Thoughts...
I do what I do.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Reliant K completely changed a couple years ago and they are no longer worth listening to. :noway:

Either that, or my taste in music got better. :-k
don't forget the rain.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Stubborn wrote:Reliant K completely changed a couple years ago and they are no longer worth listening to. :noway:

Either that, or my taste in music got better. :-k
Nah, your taste has gotten worse. \:D/

The newest one isn't their best, though. I need to listen to it a couple more times... only a couple songs really stood out at all on my first listen. 5 Score and Mmhmm are both excellent cds, though.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I loved Five Score and Seven Years Ago... But I really dislike this one. :noway:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I loooooooooove this CD!! It does take one or two times listening to it all the way through to truely fall in love with it. I've no become obsessed.

My favorite songs are Sahara and If You Believe Me. <3

<3<3<3
BBB
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I need to get this.. I've heard the title track, it's pretty good.
...I hate marquees.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah. I agree that it takes a couple times through to totally get the vibe of the cd... I still like 5 Score the most but this is still a really good cd and I'm glad that they are still producing good cds. =]
I do what I do.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I've never really listened to Relient K before.. I've heard a song or two by them, but don't remember the names anymore.

I'll have to look into some of their stuff.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Hmm, a bit underwhelming, but some of the songs are growing on me. (mmhmm will probably always be their best album. I like their older style better than some of their newer stuff.)
...I hate marquees.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I was underwhelmed at first, but the songs grow on me with each listen. Overall I love the album and I really like the how the songs are more musically sophisticated. BTW, the reason it doesn't sound as "Christian" is because this album is solely about Matt's break up with his fiance. 2 Lefts is still my favorite, followed by 5 Score, MMHMM, and then this one.

Also, their style has never really changed if you listen to all their stuff. Only the way the album's are produced and the sound mixing is different. That's how it is with most artists. We don't know how long the artist has actually had the song written or even recorded a demo before they ever get around to put it on an album. Some of these songs may have been forming for years.
Last edited by Elrohir on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Elrohir wrote:I was underwhelmed at first, but the songs grow on me with each listen. Overall I love the album and I really like the how the songs are more musically sophisticated. BTW, the reason it doesn't sound as "Christian" is because this album is solely about Matt's break up with his fiance. 2 Lefts is still my favorite, followed by 5 Score, MMHMM, and then this one.

Also, their style has never really changed if you listen to all their stuff. Only the way the album's are produced and the sound mixing is different. That's how it is with most artists. We don't know how long the artist has actually had the song written or even recorded a demo before they ever get around to put it on an album. Some of these songs may have been forming for years.
I wasn't aware of the break up with his fiance.. I'll have to listen more for those cues. Some songs are obvious but I'm gonna look for that...
I do what I do.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Because when a band is basically always happy and cheerful, who DOESN'T want them to put out a CD about a messy breakup!?!? \:D/
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:Because when a band is basically always happy and cheerful, who DOESN'T want them to put out a CD about a messy breakup!?!? \:D/
Except they haven't always been happy and cheerful, just young and energetic; two things that don't last forever.