What kind of school?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Vote.

Public
17%
Prive
13%
'Homeschool'
70%

Total votes: 30

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I was homeschooled till 7th grade, then I went to Private school till I graduated, and now I'm going to a public college. That's all of 'em, so I didn't know what to vote for.

Till the end of the line.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

The Top Crusader wrote:It says "prive" school. :(
I'm in charge of promotion, not spelling. :noway:

And the homeschoolers are winning. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Tyler wrote:You should totally go to public school for 12th grade. \:D/
Why? Give me one good reason she should. Better environment? Better education? Better food? Better lifestyle? Homeschooling leads in all those categories. :noway:

Homeschool, Kairi! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

American Eagle wrote:
Why? Give me one good reason she should. Better environment? Better education? Better food? Better lifestyle? Homeschooling leads in all those categories. :noway:
A social environment! \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

American Eagle wrote:
Erm, no, not necessarily. Homeschooling is actually not the SUPREME CHOICE for EVERY SINGLE family. :shock:

K-11th: Homeschooled.
12th: In the process of being homeschooled. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Pseudonym wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Erm, no, not necessarily. Homeschooling is actually not the SUPREME CHOICE for EVERY SINGLE family. :shock:
I didn't say they were the "supreme choice for everyone", just that they lead, on average, in a better living environment, healthier food and smarter people. Perhaps not always, but generally. \:D/

EDIT: But yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong to go to a public school, just that homeschooling is better. ;)
Last edited by American Eagle on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Homeschooled for all but a small portion of K-10 (when I went to this awful preparatory academy) and then community college from 11-12th grade, and then private college and private graduate school^2.

So I didn't vote. :(
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

American Eagle wrote:EDIT: But yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong to go to a public school, just that homeschooling is better. ;)
And I'm saying: not all the time. ;)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

American Eagle wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
I didn't say they were the "supreme choice for everyone", just that they lead, on average, in a better living environment, healthier food and smarter people. Perhaps not always, but generally. \:D/

EDIT: But yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong to go to a public school, just that homeschooling is better. ;)
Better living environment: eh? you don't live at school, dearie. ;) Healthier food: it's one meal a day there, and besides, I'd probably have a packed lunch. Smarter people: smart people can exist, survive, and flourish in places other than the homeschooled home. :shock: Sad, but true!

Sorry about bursting your bubble.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Alright, alright, it's up to you. I'm speaking percentage wise, which states homeschoolers, on average, turn out smarter, and the average American high school isn't a very Godly place. That's all I'm saying. ;)

You should simply go wherever God wants you, Kairi. He calls different people to different places. :D

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't know, I know a lot of homeschoolers in real life who are pretty dumb as far as academics go... plus a lot who cheated their way through, so I'm pretty wary of it overall. Although of course I know a few who turned out okay, too.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I've known dumb public schoolers and I've known dumb home-schoolers. It all depends on THE homeschool or THE public school, as well as the kid.

I'm biased and do think that homeschooling is generally better.. but there are clearly some people who should NEVER homeschool their kids. I've met a lot of people like that.. and their kids are just ignorant because they AREN'T going to public school.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

American Eagle wrote:Alright, alright, it's up to you. I'm speaking percentage wise, which states homeschoolers, on average, turn out smarter, and the average American high school isn't a very Godly place. That's all I'm saying. ;)

You should simply go wherever God wants you, Kairi. He calls different people to different places. :D
Indeed. (Too bad I'm not quite sure where He wants me yet. :)) And I would like to clarify, I have nothing against homeschooling. :p In fact, I rather enjoyed it. :p
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

American Eagle wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

I couldn't stand being homeschooled. It would be a way worse environment for me than public school, because I can't stand being with my family most of the time. If I had to be around my mom and brother and sister any more than I am now I'd just die. I have the same food as I have a home, and I'm in classes with generally the smartest kids in my school. All my close friends at my school are Christian too. :D
Last edited by Anna><> on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Anna><> wrote:I couldn't stand being homeschooled. It would be a way worse environment for me than public school, because I can't stand being with my family most of the time. If I had to be around my mom and brother and sister any more than I am now I'd just die.
That's a much bigger problem than just going to this school or that, Anna. Not to seem judgmental, but family issues need to be worked out/resolved quickly (Matthew 5:23-24). Believe me, I know. I've been through about every possible family issue you could come up with, as I'm the middle of nine kids. :) <offtopic

InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

American Eagle wrote:
Anna><> wrote:I couldn't stand being homeschooled. It would be a way worse environment for me than public school, because I can't stand being with my family most of the time. If I had to be around my mom and brother and sister any more than I am now I'd just die.
That's a much bigger problem than just going to this school or that, Anna. Not to seem judgmental, but family issues need to be worked out/resolved quickly (Matthew 5:23-24). Believe me, I know. I've been through about every possible family issue you could come up with, as I'm the middle of nine kids. :) <offtopic
Nope, I've been through every possible family issue you could come up with. :noway: Want to compare lists? :lawyer:
The good ol' ToO.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

InHisArms wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Nope, I've been through every possible family issue you could come up with. :noway: Want to compare lists? :lawyer:
1. Aliens from Pluto invasion
2. Winning the lottery
3. Shooting the President...

...in other words, not really. ;) I'm sorry if I presume too much about your situation; you very well may have had it much worse than I have. (In fact, I'm 100% sure of it. God has been so awesome to me.) For our family, homeschooling is the best possible form of schooling we could have. As I said, God calls different people to different places. :)

EDIT: I didn't realize that was your reply, InHisArms. It was originally meant for Anna><>, so some of it might be mis-worded. It still is generally true.
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

American Eagle wrote:
InHisArms wrote:
American Eagle wrote: That's a much bigger problem than just going to this school or that, Anna. Not to seem judgmental, but family issues need to be worked out/resolved quickly (Matthew 5:23-24). Believe me, I know. I've been through about every possible family issue you could come up with, as I'm the middle of nine kids. :) <offtopic
2. Winning the lottery

...in other words, not really. ;) I'm sorry if I presume too much about your situation; you very well may have had it much worse than I have. (In fact, I'm 100% sure of it. God has been so awesome to me.) For our family, homeschooling is the best possible form of schooling we could have. As I said, God calls different people to different places. :)

EDIT: I didn't realize that was your reply, InHisArms. It was originally meant for Anna><>, so some of it might be mis-worded. It still is generally true.
I still win on the worst family situation contest. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

InHisArms wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
InHisArms wrote:
American Eagle wrote: That's a much bigger problem than just going to this school or that, Anna. Not to seem judgmental, but family issues need to be worked out/resolved quickly (Matthew 5:23-24). Believe me, I know. I've been through about every possible family issue you could come up with, as I'm the middle of nine kids. :) <offtopic
2. Winning the lottery

Give the lady a prize. \:D/

InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

American Eagle wrote:
InHisArms wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
InHisArms wrote:
2. Winning the lottery

Give the lady a prize. \:D/
I deserve it. :mecry:
The good ol' ToO.