Google Chrone has themes!

Chrome now has some awesome themes!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Google Chrone has themes!

Post by American Eagle »

Wow! This is totally awesome! Google Chrome has release Themes, and it's very cool! I'm now using the Tiësto theme. \:D/

Good work, Google! =D>
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Yeah, like, weeks ago. \:D/

It's pretty groovy though. I primarily use Firefox, but when I use Chrome, I use a starry theme.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Ooh, cool! *uses star gazing*
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Finally. ;) Now all it needs is adblock. :P
...I hate marquees.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

J-man wrote:Finally. ;) Now all it needs is adblock. :P
http://lifehacker.com/5046529/how-to-bl ... gle-chrome

\:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

*switches* Well, ok, I might. ;) I need to see if there are any other addons I *need*, and then decide if I actually want to or not. :P
...I hate marquees.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

That is too epic!! \:D/ I am on baseball theme, presently. :ballplaya:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That is cool! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I have developed a near-physical compulsion to say this, and I hope you'll forgive me:

Google Crone: the first browser to integrate Evil Stepmother-based web technology.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sonuna wrote:Google Crone: the first browser to integrate Evil Stepmother-based web technology.
Hmm... why is it that you compare the world's best web browser to step-mothers? I don't see the relation. :-k

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I read a report that declared that half of Chrome's activity is reporting to Google, Inc. of the activity the user is doing-- what sites he is visiting, among other statistics. It is reminiscent of Orwell's "Big Brother" from 1984. Some people express concern about organizations like this, and I am one of them. Apparently Sonuna is as well.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Yes. One private corporation gathering anonymous usage statistics in an open-source browser which is easily examinable by a third party is definitely comparable to 1984. Totally. No doubt about it.

Also no, I don't care in the slightest because a) anonymous, b) opt-outable, c) open-source and d) I use Firefox because of extensions anyway.
Crone was me making a terrible, presumably not entertaining pun on the typo of 'Chrome' as 'Chrone' in the title. Minus an h.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Sonuna wrote:Yes. One private corporation gathering anonymous usage statistics in an open-source browser which is easily examinable by a third party is definitely comparable to 1984. Totally. No doubt about it.

Also no, I don't care in the slightest because a) anonymous, b) opt-outable, c) open-source and d) I use Firefox because of extensions anyway.
Crone was me making a terrible, presumably not entertaining pun on the typo of 'Chrome' as 'Chrone' in the title. Minus an h.
I love you Sonuna.

Also, I got the evil stepmother joke. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

American Eagle wrote:
Sonuna wrote:Google Crone: the first browser to integrate Evil Stepmother-based web technology.
Hmm... why is it that you compare the world's best web browser to step-mothers? I don't see the relation. :-k
World's best? I beg to differ. ;)
...I hate marquees.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

J-man wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
You speak of Firefox, I presume? That takes like 30 seconds to start up on this computer, about as much as IE. Safari is okay, but the design is cliché and not good enough features. :noway:

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I wasn't speaking of a specific browser, I'm just saying that Chrome is not the world's best browser. ;)
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

American Eagle wrote:
J-man wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
You speak of Firefox, I presume? That takes like 30 seconds to start up on this computer, about as much as IE. Safari is okay, but the design is cliché and not good enough features. :noway:
Google Chrome and Safari use the same backend, Webkit. Safari is quite possibly the best browser out there for my purposes at least, firefox is bloated and feels like some kind of beast of a application...I use it for some random stuff like CSS stuff...but beyond that I use safari for everything. Google Chrome's design is just ugly. I like uniformity of design, and the mac version of Chrome completely throws that off, Chrome is basically Safari but with less awesome because apple integrates it so well with OS X that it's hard not to use it if you're on a mac.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sonuna wrote:Crone was me making a terrible, presumably not entertaining pun on the typo of 'Chrome' as 'Chrone' in the title. Minus an h.
Ahahaha! :hilarious:

Haven't ever tried Google Chrome. Right now I use a combination of Firefox and Safari.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Also, if anyone on a mac wants to use Chrome, you have to download the developer release.

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eu ... tml?dl=mac