Pogs

... not a food this time.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Pogs

Post by KODY 105 »

I heard reference to this quaint curiosity of an era gone by, and smile in amused humor and faint memories. Who here recalls pogs? Who collected any? Did you ever tell your parents you did play for keeps?

When these were mentioned in class, (I have no idea how we got there... considering they have nothing to do with academia), class focus was destroyed for five minutes as anyone who ever had them (everyone) bragged about their special slammers and pog sets. And the "pog nights" where all the geeks would bring their gigantic pog sets...

This post brought to you by KODY 105 Enterprises, Inc. No pop culture icons were harmed in the making of this post.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I had a bunch of those... I'm not sure why. :(
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I used to collect those. In fact, I still have a set of 8 cute Christmas ones.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I totally remember back when those were popular! \:D/ I never really had much of an interest, though. I had a few that I randomly got somewhere, but I never really cared about collecting them or playing games etc.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I remember them. I don't have any, never collected them.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I remember those! They used to be so cool! I don't remember if I actually had any... I might have had like 5... :/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I randomly had a bunch of those...I was never sure of what to do with them though. :anxious:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've never even heard of pogs! \:D/ Yay for being out of touch with pop culture! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Haha, I remember the pogs craze. It was 5th grade, and a lot of people would play with them at recess at my small Christian school. I had a few (given to me by friends), but like most fads I never really got into it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

As with most fads, I never got into those. Sure do remember though.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

My brother had a Pog maker. He never let me use it though :x My dad has a bunch of Christian themed Pogs.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I've never even heard of pogs! \:D/ Yay for being out of touch with pop culture! \:D/
*joins the out-of-touch club* \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I attended a lecture about generational differences in the workplace today, and pogs were mentioned, ha!