So Who LOVES Math?!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

So Who LOVES Math?!

Post by Irwin »

I love math! I find it very stimulating to calculate sums for some reason. :-k Although someone's going to make me solve something difficult because I said that. :lol:

:shock:
Last edited by Irwin on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Math. Is. Evil. :x
The good ol' ToO.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

InHisArms wrote:Math. Is. Evil. :x
This isn't the debate, so explain why! \:D/
Shame on me.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Not me. I stink at Math.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

'Cause my brain doesn't work, so math hurts it. :(
The good ol' ToO.
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

I'm with Irwin; I LOVE math. Well, at least it's my favorite subject that I have.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

eh, it depends on what kind of math. Of one thing I am certain though: Geometry is of the devil. :x
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I aspire to be a person both skilled and affectionate toward math, but alas I am the opposite.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I disliked it back in the earlier stages, but now that I'm taking Calculus things are finally getting interesting.

Also its history is wonderful and entertaining. It's like stupid internet drama, except it predates the internet by thousands of years!
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Well, my dad has Master of Arts degree in math, so...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Danae
Gold Member

Post by Danae »

Math for me usually ends in tears. I've failed a year of it and am now in tenth grade only going onto Algebra 1. I can't wrap my mind around it. Bleh. I think my brain needs to be re-wired. I envy all of you who love it.
-Danae
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I loved it, hated it for a short time, and now I love math again! Amid a bunch of straight memorization classes, it's nice to be able to learn concepts and spend less time studying. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I stopped loving math back around grade 5 or 6, when it started getting harder. ;) I loved long division (for some odd reason) but my math aptitude started going downhill by junior high, and I liked it less as a result. I took the grand total of one math class in college, and that was because I had to. I passed, but it's still by far the lowest mark on my transcripts. :( My sister is great at math and actually enjoys it, so I know there are such crazy people in existence, but I try to avoid them as much as possible. ;)

Though I did manage to amaze somebody with my math skills the other day when I added $25 to $9.95 in my head! \:D/ Of course, this person also called me the wrong name three times in a row even though I was wearing my name tag (yay for work!) so I don't know if that's saying much. ;)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Kairi wrote:eh, it depends on what kind of math. Of one thing I am certain though: Geometry is of the devil. :x
Yes.

I've always rather liked math. Or, at least, always been good at it. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I hate math. I'm utterly miserable at most of it. The teachers usually didn't explain in very well for me, and I don't have a logical mind anyway...so you see my problem. the last math class I took, Pre-Cal, I flunked the final, but managed to pass the class with a C.

Till the end of the line.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I like math, though I wimped out in high school and only went up through Algebra II (though I understood both it and Geometry fairly well). But the college math class I took was one of my favorite university classes (I was utterly fascinated by infinity, the fourth dimension, great circle distances, etc.). :inlove: Whenever I hear about anyone else taking that class - usually with a groan from them - I rapturously sing its praises and get lost in my fond memories. It really was a very interesting class. :yes: I enjoy that sort of problem-solving - math is one of the few things I can work on while listening to music, and it's rather satisfying work at that. I've had teachers/professors tell me I should go into math, but no. :noway:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I don't love math.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I greatly enjoy math. I performed adequately in any previous math class, and continue to perform as adequately for the current mathematics courses.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Math's the only class I seem to not do so well at...it's not because I can't do it...it's just that it bores me to death and it has no uses in any of my proposed career paths.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I don't like amth, and it doesn't like me. I would have failed it last year if I wasn't homeschooled. Geometry this year... :x
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein