The Fenix Interview

3 year anniversary!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

The Fenix Interview

Post by bookworm »

It's been three years, but here it is!

The Fenix Interview

I appologize if bringing up the Regisville story arc yet again if it annoys you, but I feel it is a very important period from our town's history and must be understood. Besides, I have Catspaw's permission. :P

Also, it's not like I decided "Hey, I'm going to bring up a three year old issue for no reason." I actually have meant to do this since the end of the arc, but never got around to posting it. But it's ready now and it just happens to exactly be the three year anniversary, so here it is.

For those of you who remember the Regisville arc, you know why Fenix is connected with it.

For those who don't, here is a brief recap. (for the full thing, check out the links at the end of this post)

Dr. Blackgaard was brought back to life and became the mayor of The Town Of Odyssey, renaming it Regisville. His running mate was Fenix, but after winning the election Dr. Blackgaard decided that Fenix had served his purpose and put him in jail. Some members pooled their money and bailed him out, only to have Dr. Blackgaard send him back to jail, and raise the bail. There Fenix remained for the rest of the arc.

The following is an interview I, bookworm, conducted with Fenix only hours after the story arc was brought to a close. It was so soon after in fact, that Fenix was still in jail. The interview was conducted via private messaging from the 18th to the 23rd of September 2006.

I hope that the following questions and answers bring enlightenment to any questions you may still have concerning what I believe was our most complicated arc yet. I know they did for me.

The Fenix Interview

bookworm:
Did you have any previous knowledge of what would happen if Gabriel won the election?

Fenix:
I knew what would happen to an extent. Some things I didnt know about.

bookworm:
Might you be able to be a teensie bit more specific? Did you know that you would be thrown in jail? That Blackgaard would come back and take over the town? That someone would take over the town? That Gabe was Regis? That you wouldn't really get into office? That your money would be taken?

Fenix:
Yes I knew that all along.

bookworm:
Which one(s)?

Fenix:
Everyone of them.

bookworm:
That the board would be transformed to Regisville?

Fenix:
Yes I knew that I knew pretty much everything.

bookworm:
Are you going to run for office for real sometime?

Fenix:
Naw I dont think I will. I dont think I could devote all that much time. Seems like a lot of work to be mayor or cop.

bookworm:
Is there any truth to the rumor that you not only knew that Blackgaard would take over, but actually were the Dr. himself?

Fenix:
Well I had access to the Blaagard/Gabriel account and made only 1 post by him. A very insignificant post. Blaagard was controlled by Shadowpaw. I had really nothing to do with him.

bookworm:
What post?

Fenix:
It was one of his first post. I really dont remember it.

bookworm:
Do you control any other NPC's?

Fenix:
Nope none at all.

bookworm:
Do you take part in other story arcs, or is this the first/only one?

Fenix:
I do not.
This is the first and probably the only one.

bookworm:
When will you be freed from prison?

Fenix:
Yes I will one day.

bookworm:
You don't know when?

Fenix:
When my personal life gets less busy I ll be out.

bookworm:
Am I allowed to disclose our conversation to others?
Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and honesty.

Fenix:
tell who ever you want its ok i dont mind

This concludes the interview section of this topic.

Thank you for putting up with me talking about this arc once again. :)

I would now like to use the remainder of this post to upload the avatars and signatures I have created to commemorate this story arc.

I am not looking for complements, I just want to have a place to display them. It's for my own purposes more than anything else. (although complements are welcome :P) I made these about three years ago, right after the arc ended.

Thank you again for your attention (if anyone actually read any of this) and unless something else comes up, this concludes my commentary on The Regisville Story Arc.

Regisville Arc avatars and signatures
by bookworm
Blackgaard avatar with story arc icons

Blackgaard laugh avatar

Davari Hassan DNA avatar

story arc icon signature

story arc icon signature with vaccine

Regisville banner

Regisville banner signature with DNA

Regisville banner signature with story arc icons

Regisville signature

End the arc - courtesy of Sonuna Hydris

Signature with story arc links
(This has been my signature for the past three years. You can't use this anymore, the new board only supports five links, so when I changed my sig to add the interview info I couldn't put it back, but it's still a nice recap)

September 4, 2006~The day an election changed the world
The beginning--The claim--The confirmation--The continuation
The intervention--The threat--The solution--The conclusion
The last word--The consequences

NOTICE
Catspaw has graciously agreed to move this into the Regisville forum after a while, so it can be stored with the other topics about the arc.
However, that forum is locked, meaning once this is moved in there, no more posts can be made.
Therefore, it is going to remain here for people to comment on, until posts have stopped.
If you have comments or questions, please post them now while you can. :)

Decided against in order to keep this available for further additions/comments.
Thanks anyway Catspaw!
Last edited by bookworm on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Huzzah! That definitely took me back. ;)

Yeah, Corey and Fenix are friends in real life or something right? So he got all the juicy info! :x
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Who's that?
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Corey is Shadowpaw. :)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Ah, thanks.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's great to see the interview! It definitely brings back memories! :D *waits for Jonathan to come by and try to control his Gabe-related anger* ;) Thanks for sharing your interview with us, bookworm! :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What prevented you from posting this approximately 3 years ago, may I inquire? That is some extreme procrastination! Perhaps you should dig up the "Procrastination" thread wherever it is now...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

KODY 105 wrote:What prevented you from posting this approximately 3 years ago, may I inquire? That is some extreme procrastination! Perhaps you should dig up the "Procrastination" thread wherever it is now...
:-s ...does it matter? At least they did the interview! \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Tyler wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:What prevented you from posting this approximately 3 years ago, may I inquire? That is some extreme procrastination! Perhaps you should dig up the "Procrastination" thread wherever it is now...
:-s ...does it matter? At least they did the interview! \:D/
It does not to me, but I was not around when the first story arc happened. Did not many people already move on who would have profited more from this interview than I do?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

But it has more nostalgic value now! It's retro. Everything old is new again! \:D/ Plus time has settled some of the related emotions, and that can only be a good thing. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

That all sounds very cool! :D Wish I wouldn't been there to see it unfold; exciting!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

KODY 105 wrote:What prevented you from posting this approximately 3 years ago, may I inquire?
No you may not, but I will answer anyway.

It was certainly unintentional.
As I said, I conducted it right after the arc, but it needed some work. Organizing and such I mean. (Neither Fenix or I used the quote feature, so the messages were all out of order)

Shortly after the arc, my personal life got very busy, and the computers started acting up. This combination led me to an unplanned absence which only ended a short time ago. (I explained this all in my "I'm back" post, but that is deleted now it seems)

Anyway, when I finally got back here I went to work sorting through the questions and answers. (I had saved them all) and I asked Catspaw whether it was worth even bringing up, because I realize how long it has been. She assured me that it was still worth it, so I finally got the messages in order, added some things to the end, and here it is.

I finally completed it about two weeks ago, but waited to release it until the exact anniversary. I thought it was a nice touch.

Also, I no longer have internet access at my home, so opportunity to work on this/post it was limited.

Anyway, is that a satisfactory explanation?
I just thought people would like to read it. If you have problems take them to Catspaw, she gave the "go ahead." ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, please feel free to blame me for everything. ;) But I see no need for complaints - I think it's great to see this. It brings back some memories, that's for sure! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Big news!

I thought I was done, but I was wrong!

In browsing my Regisville Arc archives, I discovered something I’m sure all of our citizens will want to see, especially those who were here when it happened.

You are about to see exclusive screenshots from the beginning of Regisville!

These were taken by me, when the Town of Odyssey was first taken over.
They have never been seen by anyone else, and I do not know of anyone else with such pictures.
No one else may have even seen this in person!

Here’s the story:
I was extremely fortunate to be in our town when Dr. Blackgaard took over. I was kicked out of the site, and got a message.
I kept refreshing, and a few minutes later the layout changed! It was all black and red and... the rest is history.

When I saw the message, I knew something big was happening and had the sense to take a screenshot. When the layout changed, I took one of that too.

I have not heard of anyone else having anything like these. I don’t even know if anyone else personally witnessed the change.

If you were there, please let me know. I would love to know I was not alone in witnessing the biggest event in our history.

These pictures have recently been made even more special because the Regisville theme is no longer available.
After the arc, it was still an option in board settings, but not on this new site.
Because of this, I am also uploading a screenshot I took after the change was completed, showing what the new theme looked like.

Anyway, without further ado:
The Exclusive Regisville Beginnings Screenshots!
Never before seen by anyone else, and unable to be seen anywhere else!

Last edited by bookworm on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

i'm hiding a flag here sorry for the interupption.
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Cool screen-shots! I wish I was smart enough to take them when it matters.
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

"Dr. Regis Blackgaard has taken control of the Town of Odyssey. Please check back soon!"

Brilliant. All it needs is a :D smiley.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, that brings back some interesting memories! \:D/ It's so cool that you found those, bookworm! Thanks for sharing the screencaps with us! :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Pseudonym wrote:Brilliant. All it needs is a :D smiley.
Haha!

Catspaw wrote:It's so cool that you found those, bookworm! Thanks for sharing the screencaps with us! :D
Yeah, I cannot believe I was fortunate to actually be there.

As I recall (and I could be wrong, it was so long ago) it was midday sometime, so I wouldn’t normally be on.
But for some reason I was like “I think I’ll check on the Town” and got on and was trying to reply to something and that came up.

I was like “……… awesome” :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I never think to take screencaps of stuff. I don't actually think that I was online when the switch happened...I can't remember. But I know for sure that I wouldn't have though to take a screencap if I was online!