The worst AIO episode!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
JoyElectric
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by JoyElectric »

Idol Minds, Dobson Comes to Town, Faerie-Tale Vision, Castle & Cauldrons, Truth Project: Here am I. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Last night I listened to The Great Wishy Woz for the first time in a very long time. Wow, for the first time ever, I couldn't wait for the episode to be over. Somewhere and The Big Fat Road songs (is that correct?) were the only two good parts of the show. :sick:

Something I didn't understand. The Fairy Oddmother (so cliché) told Dotty not to talk to the Fisherman (Mr. IAm). But the Fisherman turns out to be a representation of God. Why did the Fairy Oddmother say not to talk to Him? Was she a bad girl? :-k
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Wasn't the Fairy Oddmother evil all along or something? It's been a while since I've listened to that show...
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Wow, this poll was over a while ago...

We could do another one if anyone wants to! \:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Pseudonym wrote:Wasn't the Fairy Oddmother evil all along or something? It's been a while since I've listened to that show...
Yeah, she was.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

American Eagle wrote:Something I didn't understand. The Fairy Oddmother (so cliché) told Dotty not to talk to the Fisherman (Mr. IAm). But the Fisherman turns out to be a representation of God. Why did the Fairy Oddmother say not to talk to Him? Was she a bad girl? :-k
She was the Mean and Wicked and Generally Not Very Nice Woman in disguise.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Chandlah wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Something I didn't understand. The Fairy Oddmother (so cliché) told Dotty not to talk to the Fisherman (Mr. IAm). But the Fisherman turns out to be a representation of God. Why did the Fairy Oddmother say not to talk to Him? Was she a bad girl? :-k
She was the Mean and Wicked and Generally Not Very Nice Woman in disguise.
:lol: @ the name. ;) But wow, I didn't realize that at all. Thanks!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

My least favorite episode is Bethany's imaginary friend.
Merry Christmas!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I really didn't like the majority of the split episodes. There were a few that were okay, but most of them were a little...un-likeable.

I also didn't like "Think on These Things"...after that whole suspense thing with "No Way Out/In" and the episode with the theft of some model of the Statue of Liberty or whatever (I can't remember the title or anything; can someone please help?), "Think on These Things" was a little...boring. This was also the episode in which Trent and Marvin temporarily succumbed to the cookies of the dark side...
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I really didn't like the majority of the split episodes. There were a few that were okay, but most of them were a little...un-likeable.

I also didn't like "Think on These Things"...after that whole suspense thing with "No Way Out/In" and the episode with the theft of some model of the Statue of Liberty or whatever (I can't remember the title or anything; can someone please help?)
That was Sounds like a Mystery and one of my favorites.

quote tags fixed ~ KBT
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows

Thank you! Totally spaced there...
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Chandlah wrote:
Irwin wrote:Put your picks here, and I'll put up a poll. Mine is "Blackgaard's Revenge." It totally ruins the Blackgaard saga. :(
How? :-k

Instead of a show, how about I just say Wooton episodes? ;) Some of the shows he's in would be better, imho, if his silliness weren't so stupid and distracting. Hence my belief that Wooton didn't need to be in them at all for a compelling show.

If I had to name just one, then "Slumber Party."
hey! I happen to LIKE that episode! :x
But, I do agree with you about the Wooton episodes. He made Odyssey sink to a whole new low. He's kind of growing on me, but still; he's unnecessarily cheesy-which I don't like at all. :firemad:

Till the end of the line.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I like Wooton, for the most part. I just don't like some of the dialogue written for him. It really depends on the writer, with Wooton. When he's quirky, he's fine. When's he acts stupidly, as in mentally problematic...then...well. I think the writers got mixed up on that depending on the episode. He was great in Do or Diet and Bassett Hounds.

Probably the only episode I've never listened to more than once is: "The Coolest Dogs". It angered me that much.
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Well, I agree with the producers that the worst episode ever was the second Odyssey USA episode ever aired. Whit and Tom, they, well, RAP. That's about all I can say.
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Samurai Neil wrote:Well, I agree with the producers that the worst episode ever was the second Odyssey USA episode ever aired. Whit and Tom, they, well, RAP. That's about all I can say.
Third. :-
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Although I know this poll is over. Thought I would add my input on the worst AIO episode. These are my least favs:

You Go To School Where?
Mulligan Episodes (Especially Viva La Difference)
Blackgaard's Revenge
All the Shortened Episodes
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

:offtopic:

Hey Robyn, glad you came back! :wave:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I never understood the Mulligan hate. I mean, they went a little too far with all the kids they were adopting. But in my mind, those were solid, well constructed, and unique episodes.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Viva La Difference was one of my favorites! I also liked that the Mulligans were not the 'typical' two parent, two kid family like the Barkleys. The complications they faced made them unique. I also don't understand why Lights Out at Whit's End gets such a bum wrap. (no pun intended). I think it is hilarious.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows

Bennett wrote:I like Wooton, for the most part. I just don't like some of the dialogue written for him. It really depends on the writer, with Wooton. When he's quirky, he's fine. When's he acts stupidly, as in mentally problematic...then...well. I think the writers got mixed up on that depending on the episode. He was great in Do or Diet and Bassett Hounds.

Probably the only episode I've never listened to more than once is: "The Coolest Dogs". It angered me that much.
Seriously?! :shock: I LOVED that episode! It's one of my faves...

And they really need to work one portraying Wooton...some episodes like Do or Diet and Basset Hounds are really funny, and some are really stupid. He's a great character, but he's one of those characters who's only great when portrayed in the best way.
AIO tumblr sideblog