What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

American Eagle wrote:
Taq wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I'm reading You Can't Spank a Kid in a Snowsuit. It's pretty cool. \:D/
Is that a parenting book? Haha. I read the parenting book Have a New Kid by Friday not too long ago.
Haha, yep, it is! It had an intriguing cover and it has some funny stories, so it grabbed my attention. :D
Nice. The parenting book I read also had a great collection stories. Huzzah for reading material intended for a different audience! I've also read Love and Respect, a very good book for couples by Emerson Eggerichs, as well as Breakaway Magazine articles. \:D/
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

"The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University" by Kevin Roose.

Interesting book.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I'm reading The Iron Sceptre an Archives of Anthropos book by John White.

I'm getting tired of the Anthropos books. The Sword Bearer was good but now these books are seeming too Narnia-ish to me. I can't wait to finish it so I can move on to something else.

-Robert
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I finally picked up and restarted Les Miserables again. My goal is to read 100 pages a day between now and when school starts, with the goal of completing it before the first day of classes. If I can do that, or something close to that, I'll forgive myself for doing so little reading the rest of the summer. ;)
Malazabul
I've been here a bit

Post by Malazabul »

The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
I am Malazabul on Runescape! current top levels:
combat: 72
defence: 54
attack: 60
strength: 67
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm currently reading Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston - a very entertaining read so far. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading The Shadow Portrait byt Gilbert Morris.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

A collection of Chesterton's Father Brown series, which are epic and great.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I started reading Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald, but I seem to be losing interest in it... :-k
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

American Eagle wrote:I started reading Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald, but I seem to be losing interest in it... :-k
Ooh, good book! I'd highly recommend finishing it if you can. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I started reading Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald, but I seem to be losing interest in it... :-k
Ooh, good book! I'd highly recommend finishing it if you can. :)
Hmm... okay. Does it get more interesting? The first half-dozen pages have sort of bored me... :-s
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Maybe your world is already organized. :(

Just keep reading, it gets better. :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm reading Double Minds, by Terri Blackstock. Not my favorite so far, but I'll see if it turns out okay.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Gosh, a lot, actually.. still reading Dark To Mortal Eyes by Eric Wilson (I think)- never got around to finishing that one over the summer :(.

I'm also finishing up The Binding Of the Blade series book one.. forget what that's called. I've been on that for literally ever, but just had too many good books to read before I finished it :-.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm currently reading Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston - a very entertaining read so far. \:D/
Stellar choice - you are clearly a man with discerning taste in reading material! \:D/

I'm reading Fendar's Legacy, the sixth and final book in Paul McCusker's Passages series. :D I really don't remember what happens at all, even though I read it years ago, so it's going to be fun!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've just finished Darien's Rise and Arin's Judgment, and I'm pondering what to set my sights on next, in the few days of freedom remaining. Continue on with Les Mis? Pick up Annison's Risk? Return to another one of my half-finished books or series? \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Right now, I've been reading too many college textbooks. Life was too busy with work this past summer to read and now I have school. I guess it's not as big of a priority as it used to be.
I do what I do.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. \:D/
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

Faith of My Fathers by Lynn Austin
incredible book

~Jesusfreak
Kairi