Favorite Upcoming 2009 Movies: VOTE!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which of the following 2009 films are you anticipating?

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
8%
District 9
1%
Shorts
No votes
Gamer
1%
5%
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
8%
The Informant!
3%
Shutter Island
3%
Astro Boy
1%
Where the Wild Things Are
9%
A Christmas Carol
7%
5%
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
1%
Planet 51
3%
New Moon
5%
Old Dogs
1%
The Princess and the Frog
15%
5%
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel
11%
Sherlock Holmes
5%

Total votes: 74

NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

NateMaxwell wrote:avatar = EPICNESS!
Yep! It is made by James Cameron (who directed Titanic), so it looks awesome. I hope it is clean (unlike Titanic).
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Iron and Light wrote:I'll have to check into these to vote for my favorite accurately.

Sadly.. most of the movies I'm looking forward to aren't going to be coming out in 2009 :(. Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, National Treasure 3, the fourth unnamed Bourne movie... I have to wait longer than I would like for those :(.
WHAT?! There's a fourth Bourne movie???

GAA I CAN'T WAIT!!

But for this year I'm really looking forward to 212.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:I'll have to check into these to vote for my favorite accurately.

Sadly.. most of the movies I'm looking forward to aren't going to be coming out in 2009 :(. Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, National Treasure 3, the fourth unnamed Bourne movie... I have to wait longer than I would like for those :(.

GAA I CAN'T WAIT!!
I know! It's called The Bourne ToOer, and stars Matt Damon as Taq, Julia Roberts as LizzieG, Julie Andrews as Catspaw and Jim Carrey as the villian, American Eagle. \:D/

The first three were based on a book series, but the new one is going to be totally new. It doesn't have a title yet, but I'm excited as well. :)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

American Eagle wrote:
xiao wrote:Where the Wild Things Are!! \:D/
I don't understand where all the type for this movie is coming from. It looks like a cheaper version of Narnia... but I'll see it eventually. \:D/
Some poor kid never got the book read to them when they were in kindergarten.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

American Eagle wrote:Matt Damon as Taq
How does that work? :(
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Matt Damon as Taq
How does that work? :(
Oh wow... Oh wow... I NEVER knew Taq was female! :shock: :anxious:

Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

American Eagle wrote:I know! It's called The Bourne ToOer, and stars Matt Damon as Taq, Julia Roberts as LizzieG, Julie Andrews as Catspaw and Jim Carrey as the villian, American Eagle. \:D/ )
:hilarious:

So we're playing actors, not characters? How fun! :D
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Haha...

I'm looking forward to seeing The Time Traveler's Wife!

I also want to see the Princess and the Frog, New Moon, and am highly curious about Sherlock Holmes.

I have seen Harry Potter 6, My Sister's Keeper, and Julie&Julia. All three weren't bad... HP could have been better...
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Jellyfish11 wrote:

GAA I CAN'T WAIT!!

But for this year I'm really looking forward to 212.
What, another one? Oh well, it's not like they had anything to do with the books anyway.. :roll:
...I hate marquees.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

How is Final Destination 4 not up there. *shame shame shame* ;) Actually, that is the one I wanna see.
I do what I do.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Pirates of the Caribbean 4??? oh dear will they EVER give the franchise the rest it should've gotten after the brilliant 1st one?????

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

According to my mother, I loved Where the Wild Things Are when I was little... Not that I remember it, but still. It looks cute, so maybe I'll convince my friend to rent it so I can make her with it with me. \:D/

Pirates of the Caribbeans 4: Fail. Before it even comes out. Fail. They should've quit while they were ahead with the second one. :(
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

the 2nd one? uh, noooooo the 1st one, my dear Kitty Bennet!

Till the end of the line.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shennifer wrote:the 2nd one? uh, noooooo the 1st one, my dear Kitty Bennet!
ditto'd. The first one's the only one worth watching.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I ended up seeing GI Joe last night... not a MASTERPIECE or overly astounding, but, eh, I was overall entertained. Good mindless action flick, if nothing deep. ;) Though I am a child of the 80's, I was never really into the cartoon and toys (my parents thought it was too violent or something. :(), so I was going in without any preconceived notions or really being able to say "HEY! That's not how THE ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL WAS!! :x" which probably made it more enjoyable then it would have been to a die hard fan...

Kind of like Transformers... was never allowed to watch the stuff when I was a kid (though I had a handful of toys), so when I saw the movie and all my friends were complaining it wasn't anything like the old cartoon, I was oblivious to their hate and just thought it was a fun movie. ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:Kind of like Transformers... was never allowed to watch the stuff when I was a kid (though I had a handful of toys), so when I saw the movie and all my friends were complaining it wasn't anything like the old cartoon, I was oblivious to their hate and just thought it was a fun movie. ;)
But... Transformers is the worst movie EVER. :mad:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That's impossible--it had giant robots. :noway:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

and the second one was even WORSE. :(