The "Greatest Movie of All-Time" Contest [3RD POLL: BONUS!]

The 3rd poll is up, including a Bonus Contest!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Poll #3! Choose your top 2 favorite movies of these! Play the Bonus Contest below!

Poll ended at Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Iron Will
No votes
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
8%
Anne of Green Gables trilogy
10%
Ever After
4%
Remember the Titans
10%
Legally Blonde
No votes
Stormbreaker
2%
Princess Bride
10%
Amazing Grace
15%
August Rush
4%
Edward Scissorhands
6%
The Second Chance
4%
The Last Sin Eater
2%
Stranger Than Fiction
No votes
Home Alone
6%
One Night with the King
4%
My Fair Lady
13%
Better Off Dead
No votes

Total votes: 48

American Eagle
Chief of Police
The "Greatest Movie of All-Time" Contest [3RD POLL: BONUS!]

Post by American Eagle »

The Third Poll Is Up! Vote!
This is the third poll in Greatest Movie of All-Time Contest! Please choose your two favorite movies in the poll above before August 30!

Yesterday's Winners!
In a suprising twist, both Jimmy Stewart films (It's a Wonderful Life and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington) have moved on to the semi-finals! Click here to see how the rest of the poll played out!

Bonus Contest!!
Welcome to the Bonus Contest! This contest is simple. Post the two films which you think will be this poll's winners. For example, if you think Iron Will and Home Alone will be the winners, you post something like this in this thread:
My predictions:
1. Iron Will
2. Home Alone
Try not to duplicate others' projections. If you give the same prediction as another user, only the user who posted it first will be eligible for the contest. If you guess correctly, you will win the Bonus Prize of $10!

You can, of course, still post what films you voted for as well. Happy voting and bonusing! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

My predictions:
1. The Princess Bride
2. the Anne of Green Gables trilogy
I voted for Princess Bride and My Fair Lady. I'm really sure The Princess Bride will win. :yes:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Voted for Monty Python and Edward Scissiorhands.

My predictions are Princess Bride and Monty Python.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I voted for the Anne of Green Gables trilogy and Remember the Titans, but Amazing Grace, Home Alone and the Princess Bride were very close. I won't play the Bonus Contest. ;)
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I voted for Princess Bride and My Fair Lady, the same as Kairi. :highfive: Good stuff. There were a few other movies that I like in the poll, but these are my top two from those choices. :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Princess Bride ftw! \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Huzzah and Wooton for not recalling which ones I just clicked on...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

I voted for The Princess Bride and August Rush! Although I was also tied between The Anne of Green Gables collection and Remember the Titans as well as a few others.

My predictions are the same as what I voted for. :D

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I voted for Ever After (favorite romantic feature film! :inlove: ) and Amazing Grace. I considered the Anne of Green Gables trilogy, but considering that I haven't (and don't want to) see the third one, I changed my mind. Home Alone is also rather classic, but... I already voted.

My predictions are:
1. Princess Bride
2. Amazing Grace
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

KODY 105 wrote:Huzzah and Wooton for not recalling which ones I just clicked on...
I pulled this info out of the poll's data. You voted for Edward Scissorhands and Legally Blonde.

:lol:
LizzieG wrote:I considered the Anne of Green Gables trilogy, but considering that I haven't (and don't want to) see the third one, I changed my mind.
You'd probably be surprised at how good the third one was. Anne of Green Gables / Anne of Avonlea are both favorite movies of mine, and though the third wasn't isn't as good (mostly because they changed the music), it didn't ruin the others. I still recommend seeing it, Lizzie. :yes:

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

American Eagle wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I considered the Anne of Green Gables trilogy, but considering that I haven't (and don't want to) see the third one, I changed my mind.
You'd probably be surprised at how good the third one was. Anne of Green Gables / Anne of Avonlea are both favorite movies of mine, and though the third wasn't isn't as good (mostly because they changed the music), it didn't ruin the others. I still recommend seeing it, Lizzie. :yes:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you never read the books. ;) They did basically ruin it, and other stuff is just so un-Anne-like that I find it hard to watch. It's one thing to change the events that happen when you go from a series of books to movies, but when the main character acts so unlike herself, and not in a good way, it's a matter of serious concern. There are a few moments I like (our phone plays the tune from "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" when it rings, so it's not like I hate everything!) ;) but really, calling it an Anne movie is lame. Plus this movie has one of the fakest-looking dead guys ever. ;) If it weren't for Gil :inlove: and a compulsive need to finish what I start (i.e. watching the Anne movies) I never would have watched it, and it really doesn't have that much of Gil in it. Just my opinion. :-

Lizzie, I almost voted for Ever After - I think that would have been my third choice, if I got one!
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I'm bad a predictions...so lets just say I voted Amazing Grace and The Princess Bride. I think they will win, HA!
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Remember the Titans and Monty Python.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Voted for Monty Python and Edward Scissiorhands.
Agreed, some of the choices on here are ridiculous - August Rush??
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I think the winners will be:
1.Edward Scissorhands
2.Monty Python

But, I voted for Edward Scissorhands and The Second Chance. This is the poll a lot of the movies I submited got into.

-Robert
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I love the movie Iron Will! I didn't know any other people really liked it though... Guess I was wrong about that.
I do what I do.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Catspaw wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you never read the books. ;) They did basically ruin it, and other stuff is just so un-Anne-like that I find it hard to watch. It's one thing to change the events that happen when you go from a series of books to movies, but when the main character acts so unlike herself, and not in a good way, it's a matter of serious concern. There are a few moments I like (our phone plays the tune from "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" when it rings, so it's not like I hate everything!) ;) but really, calling it an Anne movie is lame. Plus this movie has one of the fakest-looking dead guys ever. ;) If it weren't for Gil :inlove: and a compulsive need to finish what I start (i.e. watching the Anne movies) I never would have watched it, and it really doesn't have that much of Gil in it. Just my opinion. :-
:lol: No, I didn't read the books. (Are guys expected to do so? ;)) I suppose it may have ruined the books... but it didn't ruin the first two movies, at least for me. I'm sure other people have different opinions on that as well. \:D/
GlennAdams wrote:I love the movie Iron Will! I didn't know any other people really liked it though... Guess I was wrong about that.
I've met a lot of homeschoolers that love it. I personally haven't seen it all, but it is one of their favorite movies. \:D/

jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

xiao wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Voted for Monty Python and Edward Scissiorhands.
Agreed, some of the choices on here are ridiculous - August Rush??
Actually, I liked Augest Rush since I'm big into musicals. It's definitly not one of the greatest movies of all time though. Good choices though since scissiorhands and python are definitly good enough to be some of the greatest.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I voted for One Night With The King and Amazing Grace. \:D/
Last edited by Sapphire on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Amazing Grace and My Fair Lady are the two films which will be moving on to the semi-finals! Here are the users who submitted a prediction:

Kairi
1. The Princess Bride
2. Anne of Green Gables trilogy

jasonjannajerryjohn
1. The Princess Bride
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Eugene
1. The Princess Bride
2. August Rush

LizzieG
1. The Princess Bride
2. Amazing Grace

Irwin
1. Remember the Titans

Robo
1. Edward Scissorhands

Sapphire
1. Iron Will
2. The Princess Bride

As you can see, no one won the Bonus Contest, but thanks to all who played! Because no one has won, I have decided to do the Bonus Contest again for the 4th round! Speaking of which, I cannot get the fourth poll up at present (see the bug). But, I will do so as soon as it is possible. Stay tuned! \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.