Passages Trailer!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Passages Trailer!

Post by Irwin »

The unofficial podcast comes through!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Awesome! \:D/ Thanks for posting this, Iwrin! :)
Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

I almost wish you hadn't. Now we are anticipating it more than ever!
Merry Christmas!
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I ordered it a few days ago! So excited to get it!!!! :)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Epic wrote:I ordered it a few days ago! So excited to get it!!!! :)
I just hope to win it in a contest. Not necessarily the AIOWiki/Odyssey Scoop/UAIOP one or the official one, but may be something down the road. :-k
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Very cool! =D> =D>
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I want to listen now! AH!!! 32 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still want AIO Live... $20 (this will probably be $25) isn't in my budget... ugh... if only I could get both... or even one...
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I want to listen now! AH!!! 32 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still want AIO Live... $20 (this will probably be $25) isn't in my budget... ugh... if only I could get both... or even one...
That's what birthdays are for. :yes:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Irwin wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I want to listen now! AH!!! 32 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest drawback of releasing the albums before episodes go on the radio for me, is that if you can't buy it right away, your really left out of the loop until you do, where as before, you could wait for a birthday or something and it wouldn't be too big of a deal, because you've heard the episodes already.

Back on topic though, I've always thought it would be cool to have a video promo for Adventures in Odyssey in general. Both the NovaComm and Passages trailers have been very professional and well done and it would make a cool advertisement. Not like to sell products, but to draw in new listeners.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

King Butter Turtle wrote:The biggest drawback of releasing the albums before episodes go on the radio for me, is that if you can't buy it right away, your really left out of the loop until you do, where as before, you could wait for a birthday or something and it wouldn't be too big of a deal, because you've heard the episodes already.
I'm confused. How are you left out of the loop? Most people are listening to the episodes for the first time as the shows are aired on the radio/internet. That's the way it's always been, and will most likely continue to be that way. Even if you can't afford to buy the album right away, you still get the opportunity to listen to the shows on the radio/internet.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:The biggest drawback of releasing the albums before episodes go on the radio for me, is that if you can't buy it right away, your really left out of the loop until you do, where as before, you could wait for a birthday or something and it wouldn't be too big of a deal, because you've heard the episodes already.
I'm confused. How are you left out of the loop? Most people are listening to the episodes for the first time as the shows are aired on the radio/internet. That's the way it's always been, and will most likely continue to be that way. Even if you can't afford to buy the album right away, you still get the opportunity to listen to the shows on the radio/internet.
Well, let me rephrase that. You'll have to live with the fact that there are episodes that are currently released and available, that other people own, that you haven't heard.

It will be interesting to see how many people will wait to buy the albums until after they air.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Irwin wrote:

I get books... Then again... I could swing AIO Live and a book for b-day this year... thanks!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Well, let me rephrase that. You'll have to live with the fact that there are episodes that are currently released and available, that other people own, that you haven't heard.

It will be interesting to see how many people will wait to buy the albums until after they air.
Yes, it will be interesting! Of course, I have a hard time believing people are going to be that distraught over the fact that they don't own the album and others do. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I see KBT's point though. I don't think I'll even buy that album for a long while, and if everyone's going and listening straight through it, then reviewing, etc. We'll still have to wait week after week to listen. But since many people onlt listen via radio, and we have to choice to buy the album, it's not that important.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Irwin wrote:...and if everyone's going and listening straight through it, then reviewing, etc.
...if that, then...?

There are a couple options available to us once the time comes.

1) All review threads pertaining to a particular episode are not permitted until that episode airs.
2) Allow review threads for all upcoming episodes, but ensure people use the spoiler tags in their discussion.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Irwin wrote:...and if everyone's going and listening straight through it, then reviewing, etc.
...if that, then...?

There are a couple options available to us once the time comes.

1) All review threads pertaining to a particular episode are not permitted until that episode airs.
2) Allow review threads for all upcoming episodes, but ensure people use the spoiler tags in their discussion.
That's why I concluded with:
Irwin wrote:But since many people onlt listen via radio, and we have to choice to buy the album, it's not that important.
Seeing that it isn't that rare of athing, if I just made an sense. \:D/
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I wish there'd be bonus features on the album. :(
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

prestoncamden11 wrote:I almost wish you hadn't. Now we are anticipating it more than ever!
I know what you mean, but I still enjoyed it! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Yeah, it was a cool trailer, even better than the Novacom one because it has dialogue. (Although, really, when you've got about 27 episodes with who knows how much dialogue to choose from, it can get difficult.)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

The trailer is soooo epic!! I just hope the actual thing lives up to the epicness of the trailer...

<3<3<3
BBB