Radiohead

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What do you think of Radiohead?

They're BRILLIANT!
38%
They're evil devil-worshipers!
No votes
What's a Radiohead, and why should I care about it if it isn't in THE BIBLE?!?!
54%
They stink. :(
8%

Total votes: 13

xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Radiohead

Post by xiao »

So Radiohead is one of the best bands of all time - what do you all think of them?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Um, I've never heard of them.... :|
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

snubs wrote:Um, I've never heard of them.... :|
What's a Radiohead, and why should I care about it if it isn't in THE BIBLE?!?! | 4 | 100%

I don't think any of us have. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

third option for the win.

heard some of their stuff, I like them.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have no idea what one is. I suppose a music group of some sort?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Radiohead IS brilliant. I'm glad there's an option for that. The reason that some of you haven't heard of them is that they're a little too quirky to get airtime on the radio. But then, some of you don't listen to popular music anyway. I think the accessibility scale (for somewhat similar Brit rock bands) from most accessible to least accessible would be U2 > Coldplay > Radiohead. That's partially why I like them, because I tend to like more obscure, under-appreciated, indie-ish music. Although at this point, Radiohead is a little more mainstream than they were a few years ago because of their inclusion in Rock Band. But whatever, they're great.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
xiao

Post by xiao »

Radiohead is absolutely fantastic, indeed, Jugglah - I consider them to be absolutely one of the best bands of all time.

If you haven't heard them you really need to go pick up their CDs - their music is beautifully constructed, haunting, and just..... awesome.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I've liked Radiohead since before some of you were born! :x No... really I have. :anxious: Since about '94/'95... I'm more of a fan of the grunge era of The Bends, while my husband loves the newer, more electronic stuff of... um... everything after that. And Thom Yorke's solo album too.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I... it's just... uhh... heh.

I can understand how people can not care for a certain style of music or certain band, but how can you be a citizen of the modern world and not at least have heard of Radiohead?! :mecry:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

The Top Crusader wrote:I... it's just... uhh... heh.

I can understand how people can not care for a certain style of music or certain band, but how can you be a citizen of the modern world and not at least have heard of Radiohead?! :mecry:
Don't you feel sorry for sheltered, uncultured people? (I enjoy having a great understanding of the culture, having found the perfect balance of being in the world, but not of it. \:D/)
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
xiao

Post by xiao »

darcie wrote:I've liked Radiohead since before some of you were born! :x No... really I have. :anxious: Since about '94/'95... I'm more of a fan of the grunge era of The Bends, while my husband loves the newer, more electronic stuff of... um... everything after that. And Thom Yorke's solo album too.
I was born in 92! :x

I love all of it. My favorite is probably Kid A, but OK Computer and even In Rainbows are both excellent - they've never let me down.
Jugglah wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I... it's just... uhh... heh.

Don't you feel sorry for sheltered, uncultured people? (I enjoy having a great understanding of the culture, having found the perfect balance of being in the world, but not of it. \:D/)
I know, it's actually very sad. :(
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

What style are they? I've been meaning to check them out for some time now, just haven't gotten around to it.
...I hate marquees.
xiao

Post by xiao »

J-man wrote:What style are they? I've been meaning to check them out for some time now, just haven't gotten around to it.
That's a tad bit hard to describe - they're alternative rock, but they really don't sound like anyone else, and their sound changes dramatically from album to album.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Sounds good. I'll definitely have to look up some of their music soon.
...I hate marquees.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've heard of them, but haven't actually heard them. I've been meaning to check them out, though, ever since I heard them compared to Coldplay. Or maybe it was Oasis (another British band). Glad to know they're worth checking out! :yes:
xiao

Post by xiao »

They blow away both of those bands. \:D/

Like... completely blow them away.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

They must have good lungs, then...

...So it was retarded. I know. Sue me. \:D/ I've heard of Coldplay, but not Radiohead... if they're better, I suppose they're worth checking into. :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Speaking of Oasis, Orson is also pretty decent .... for that category.

And yeah, Radiohead is awesome. Started listening to them a bit later than Darcie (closer to '98-99) after I got past my whole home-schooled fear of secular music and all. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I checked them out, and I think they are a little creepy. I mean, a couple of their songs are alright, and I like them. But it's not for me.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
xiao

Post by xiao »

snubs wrote:I checked them out, and I think they are a little creepy. I mean, a couple of their songs are alright, and I like them. But it's not for me.
It really depends on what songs you listened to - In Rainbows is a good album to start on.