What is your all time favorite movie?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What animated movie do you like the most?

Cars
39%
Nemo
46%
Happy feet
14%

Total votes: 28

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:LOL I've always thought the whole LOTR thing was pretty dorky... :anxious:

Elfs and short people with furry feet and wizards and whatnot.
The only dorks are the ones who don't like LOTR \:D/.
Mods, please delete I&L's post and punish her appropriately.

Clearly this is Flaming/Trolling. (Posts intended to insult/annoy other posters). :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My all time favorites are Fiddler on the Roof and Anne of Green Gables. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

This seems to be one of those threads where you're confronted with something you wrote a year ago and left with the question as to why, exactly, you wrote it. ;)

Anyway, I can sort of agree that La Vita e' Bella still wins on my list as far as overall content - it's an absolutely beautiful film with nothing detracting from it. And, to respond to Shad's original question, it is the film about the holocaust but it's really more about the life of an Italian family.

Today I have quite a few more favorites. A few examples would be Amélie, Cinema Paradiso, Persuasion, The Darjeeling Limited, The Emperor's Club and Fight Club (which I have to qualify by saying that I love the message of the film but not the film itself, exactly).

And apologies for all the foreign titles. I'm not trying to be pretentious, I promise. ;)
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

It's a tie between:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Disney
Defiance
Ironman
Star Trek
Saving Private Ryan

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was just an amazing movie, Defiance was epic, Ironman was also great (Although some scenes I could do without), Star Trek was plain epicness and brought back Trekkie memories, and Saving Private Ryan was wow. Not to mention it had my favorite actor in it :D
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

look some people might not have heard me the other 450 times I have commented on it
also lol at this post in this thread with all the actually logical films with few to no plot holes
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Ben Linus wrote:It's a tie between:

Defiance
Ironman
Star Trek
Saving Private Ryan

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was just an amazing movie, Defiance was epic, Ironman was also great (Although some scenes I could do without), Star Trek was plain epicness and brought back Trekkie memories, and Saving Private Ryan was wow. Not to mention it had my favorite actor in it :D
Those are some... er... pretty conflicting choices! All good movies though, except I haven't seen Defiance and heard it wasn't that great.
Sonuna wrote:Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

look some people might not have heard me the other 450 times I have commented on it
also lol at this post in this thread with all the actually logical films with few to no plot holes
I love that film : D
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

xiao wrote:

it's kind of odd, there are a peculiarly large number of people on the ToO who like it
or at least, you know, know of it
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sonuna wrote:
xiao wrote:

it's kind of odd, there are a peculiarly large number of people on the ToO who like it
I watched it with my siblings. It is alright, but not an all-time favorite. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

xiao wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:It's a tie between:

Defiance
Ironman
Star Trek
Saving Private Ryan

Those are some... er... pretty conflicting choices! All good movies though, except I haven't seen Defiance and heard it wasn't that great.
I like a variety of movies; a little bit of everything suits me. I suppose they are kind of conflicting, in a way.

I love that film : D[/quote]
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

By the way, everyone interested in movies should vote in this new poll: Favorite Upcoming 2009 Movies: VOTE!. \:D/

xiao

Post by xiao »

Sonuna wrote:it's kind of odd, there are a peculiarly large number of people on the ToO who like it
How strange. I thought the fanbase was really small. :-k
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That is a tough question! I can't decide right now.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

spiderman - i wish they would make a odyssey movie - then that would be my fav...
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Yeah, that would be pretty neat, but they'd have to do a good job. It's be hard not to totally butcher it; I think it's better if It just stays in the land of radio drama, but that's just me.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

profg11 wrote:spiderman - i wish they would make a odyssey movie - then that would be my fav...
There are. \:D/
  • The Knight Travellers
    A Flight to the Finish
    A Fine Feathered Frenzy
    Shadow of a Doubt
    Star Quest
    Once Upon an Avalanche
    Electric Christmas
    Go West, Young Man
    Someone to Watch Over Me
    In Harm's Way
    A Twist in Time
    A Stranger Among Us
    Baby Daze
    The Last Days of Eugene Meltsner
    Escape from the Forbidden Matrix
    The Caves of Qumran
    Race to Freedom

xiao

Post by xiao »

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Ryder wrote:I like a whole lot of movies, but my favorite would probably be The Lord of the Rings.
I agree! :)
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

Ben Linus wrote:Yeah, that would be pretty neat, but they'd have to do a good job. It's be hard not to totally butcher it; I think it's better if It just stays in the land of radio drama, but that's just me.
true...

-- 04 Aug 2009, 14:10 --
American Eagle wrote:
profg11 wrote:spiderman - i wish they would make a odyssey movie - then that would be my fav...
There are. \:D/
  • The Knight Travellers
    A Flight to the Finish
    A Fine Feathered Frenzy
    Shadow of a Doubt
    Star Quest
    Once Upon an Avalanche
    Electric Christmas
    Go West, Young Man
    Someone to Watch Over Me
    In Harm's Way
    A Twist in Time
    A Stranger Among Us
    Baby Daze
    The Last Days of Eugene Meltsner
    Escape from the Forbidden Matrix
    The Caves of Qumran
    Race to Freedom
yes, but those are considered "video shorts" - plus they are also animated... i was kind of thinking live action full movie - but as "Ben Linus" wrote, "they'd have to do a good job".

-- 04 Aug 2009, 14:12 --

what's "Probably a bot" in my name mean? - I am sort of new...
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:

My website:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

To reply to that last question, it's just a rank based on the number of posts you have. Most people have custom ones, but the shop isn't enabled to buy one at the moment.
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

Sonuna wrote:To reply to that last question, it's just a rank based on the number of posts you have. Most people have custom ones, but the shop isn't enabled to buy one at the moment.
ooohhhhhhh - thanks so much! =)
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:

My website: