Exercise Log

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Monday - 20 minute walk, 80 min. dance-like stuff

Tuesday - 20 minute walk, 80 min. dance-like stuff

Wednesday - 2 hour walk!, 80 min dance-like stuff

Thursday - 20 minute walk, 80 min. dance-like stuff

Friday - 20 minute walk, 100 min. dance-like stuff

Total so far - 620 minutes
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

• July 26: 40 minutes swimming, 10 minutes stretching/sit-ups/push-ups
  • July 27: 50 minutes walking, 10 minutes stretching/sit-ups/push-ups
  • July 28: 45 minutes walking, 10 minutes stretching/sit-ups/push-ups
  • July 29: 50 minutes walking, 15 minutes jumping rope
  • July 30: 35 minutes walking, 35 minutes biking, 5 minutes stretching
  • July 31: 35 minutes walking, 10 minutes stretching/sit-ups/push-ups, 10 minutes biking
Total for the Week: 360 minutes

Wow, July went by so quickly! Overall, I'm pleased with my exercise log. The contest encouraged me to incorporate more activity into my daily schedule (using the stairs at work and walking at lunch) and establish consistency with exercise in general (getting activity every day). The other exercisers here encouraged me to start stretching and calisthenics, and I'm better for it. When August hits tomorrow, I'll continue these habits. The $ToO I earned? Icing on the cake! ;)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

7/25/09: 50 minutes chiropractic exercises (after the time cut-off)
7/26/09: 50 minutes chiropractic exercises
7/27/09: 115 minutes running/walking (8.58 miles) - I ran to work! \:D/ ...because my purse with my car keys in it was missing. :oops:
7/28/09: 85 minutes chiropractic exercises and various calisthenic exercises (including 25 push-ups and 100+ sit-ups)
7/30/09: 100 minutes chiropractic exercises and running (4.5 miles) - treadmill was hard and boring!
7/31/09: 20 minutes running (1 mile) and weights/calisthenics

Total: 420 minutes! :D

Yay, I accomplished all my goals (for once) and then some, and beat my previous record of 415 minutes! Great way to end the contest! *pats self on back* \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

LizzieG wrote:7/27/09: 115 minutes running/walking (8.58 miles) - I ran to work! \:D/ ...because my purse with my car keys in it was missing. :oops:
Haha, Lizzie! And good job! How often do you earn $ToO for making a mistake in the real world? ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Once again, I did nothing this week because I did too much on the computer when I had free time. :( Oh well. At least the contest caused me to pay attention to that, even if it didn't cause me to change. I should make more of an effort to work actual exercise into my day. And, I learned not to enter similar contests and take on other additional responsibilities at the same time. :x
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Me wrote:
  • Run a mile or so each day, five to six days a week.
  • Do 20 crunches and push-ups each day, and ten jumping jacks, five days a week.
  • Get on our stationary bike hopefully five times a week, 20 minutes or so each time
  • To survive at a soccer camp for... four and a half hours four days, and three hours one day next week.
Running a mile... Not so much. Too muggy the past couple of days, and before that I couldn't, because I'm trying to build myself back up after not doing nything heavy since my ankle. :-k Anyways:

Monday: 45 minutes running 3/4 of a mile, stretching(which involves lotsa movement, since I do a "line stretch"), doing my crunches and stuff, and getting on the bike for, alas, only about ten mintues.
Tuesday: 3 hours Swimming for two hours(treading water is so much fun. >_<), then doing my crunches and stuff, dancing, and doing a goal keeper drill. \:D/
Wednesday: 1 hour and 20 minutes Running 3/4 of a mile, stretching, doing my crunches and stuff, biking for 30 minutes, dancing
Thursday: 1 hour 30 minutes Swimming for over an hour, stretching, crunches and stuff, more dancing. (\:D/)
Friday: 1 hour 25 minutes Biking for 20 minutes, stretching, crunches and stuff, dancing... I even was running around upstairs with a soccer ball for nearly 20 mintues and doing a keeper drill. :D

For a total of 480 minutes, if I counted correctly.

I actually did around thirty crunches, push-ups, and jumping jacks daily. Why jumping jacks? Cause I have to be able to reach an eight foot high cross bar. *coughs* I give myself more credit for than running than I would have before, because I was actually pushing myself. All-in-all, my shoulder muscles hate me from doing so many push-up. Crunches are easy now. I can now reach 8 feet easily, and can climb up and down stairs without as much effort. ;) This was an awesome contest. Thanks a bunch! \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Progress Report: July 26-31

Well, this week was rather difficult to get any exercise in simply because of how busy my schedule was every day. :(

Here's what I did achieve.
  • July 28: 60 minutes of walking
  • July 31: 60 minutes of walking/running
Total: 120 minutes
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Okay, Lizzie and Taq....veto this if you don't think it counts. :D On Thursday, I had to weedeat around our property. Our weedeater is quite heavy, and I had to hold it up and swing it around for over a hour, so I thought it might count as exercise. \:D/ My arms have been killing me yesterday and today after that.

Total=75 minutes
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I just thought I'd try this to see if this counts:

Monday 27th through Wednesday 29th: 60 minutes of dancing.

Total: 180 minutes.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Hello everyone! July's over, which means means this month-long contest has come to a close. Stay tuned for a final report and prize disbursement! \:D/
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

._.
my final log was eaten by the ToO update, in theory
sunday 7/26 - 30 minutes of walking around
monday 7/27 - 30 minutes of walking around
tuesday 7/28 - 30 minutes of walking around
wednesday 7/29 - 45 minutes of swimming at midnight or shortly thereabout
friday 7/30 - 35 minutes of walking around

for a total of 170 minutes, a weak and pathetic sort of thing.

again, ._.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:._.
my final log was eaten by the ToO update, in theory
sunday 7/26 - 30 minutes of walking around
monday 7/27 - 30 minutes of walking around
tuesday 7/28 - 30 minutes of walking around
wednesday 7/29 - 45 minutes of swimming at midnight or shortly thereabout

for a total of 170 minutes, a weak and pathetic sort of thing.

again, ._.
I had the same issue as Sarai, but no complaints if it's not added. ;)

sunday 7/26 - 60 minute run
monday 7/27 - 50 minute walk
tuesday 7/28 - 20 minute stretching/yoga-esque stuff, 30 minute run
wednesday 7/29 - 60 minute bike ride
thursday 7/30 - 20 minute walk

Total: 280 minutes (roughly?)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Oh, can I post my minutes?

July 26 - 45 minutes 4 square
July 27 - 30 minutes basketball
July 28 - 30 minutes running
July 30 - 60 minutes frisbee golf
July 31 - 20 minutes frisbee golf

Pretty sad I know...

185 minutes
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

If only this contest had gone on two more days, I would've been able to add about 600 more minutes to my time. :boohoo:

Great contest, though! Being in CO + being signed up for a 10K + this contest definitely helped me make exercise more of a priority this month. \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm glad that the contest ended now because swim club ends and I don't get hardly any exercise starting next week.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I have received the minutes eaten by the ToO update. Now check out the final results! \:D/