When will mitch return from budapest?

Bring him back!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

When will mitch return from budapest?

Post by NateMaxwell »

I think its been longer then 2 years yet mitch still isnt back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I hope he never returns. Didn't someone on the AIO team say that Mitch was never coming back?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Mitch should die in budapest, then Connie has to deal with it. :anxious:
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

-.- well thats nice.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

JESUS1S4LIVE wrote:Mitch should die in budapest, then Connie has to deal with it. :anxious:
That is a very mean thing to say, but that might be a good story.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Sapphire wrote:
JESUS1S4LIVE wrote:Mitch should die in budapest, then Connie has to deal with it. :anxious:
I was joking somewhat, but I'm not a Mitch fan.

I wanted Connie and Eugene to get together, but that can no longer happen, as of album 37. :(
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

NateMaxwell wrote:I think its been longer then 2 years yet mitch still isnt back!
Never. :(
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

JESUS1S4LIVE wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
I was joking somewhat, but I'm not a Mitch fan.

I wanted Connie and Eugene to get together, but that can no longer happen, as of album 37. :(
That is very true.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I finally started to like Mitch a little before he got booted off the show. Before that I couldn't get past his Rodney Rathbone voice. I know it's the same guy who plays both and I think that influenced me alot.

My opinion is that Connie doesn't fit with the FBI or any government agency. She needs to be a pastor's wife. Billy McPherson needs to become a minister and marry Connie. He'll be the Odyssey Community Church's youth pastor and Connie will work part-time at Whit's End and with the youth group at church.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I'm not a Mitch fan. at all. :noway:

It's already been done, unfortunately, JIA. To "kill" Mitch AGAIN would be too...cheesey. AIO is already a corny soap opera as it is.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Ya, I'd say it's safe to say Mitch will not be returning.
Samitude wrote:I finally started to like Mitch a little before he got booted off the show. Before that I couldn't get past his Rodney Rathbone voice. I know it's the same guy who plays both and I think that influenced me alot.

My opinion is that Connie doesn't fit with the FBI or any government agency. She needs to be a pastor's wife. Billy McPherson needs to become a minister and marry Connie. He'll be the Odyssey Community Church's youth pastor and Connie will work part-time at Whit's End and with the youth group at church.
Now, that's a phenomenal idea. I like it!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I can't believe some of these comments. Several weeks ago I saw Paul McCusker in the Focus parking lot and I asked him to bring Mitch back. I love Mitch he is so cute! But I believe it was in the official odyssey podcast that in order for Mtich to come back, says Kathy Buchanan, Ronald McDonald has to become a vegetarian, it has to rain pigs and Nathan Hoobler has to paint his toenails. Since Mitch is Kathy's baby I guess she has the final say about whether Mitch comes back from Budapest or not.

I do love the idea of Connie marrying a youth pastor and working at Whit's End part time. One of the concerns I have though is about whether Connie has left the Timothy Center. I know that we haven't been to the Timothy Center in a while but I haven't heard her resign.

On a final note I can see Connie marrying a youth pastor, her being so young anyway but I can't see her with Billy McPherson. When I picture that I can only see Billy as a child and Connie as a woman. It doesn't sound right. I wonder if Connie is ever going to get married. She would have to find a man who doesn't age in order for it to sound right.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

amyinodyssey wrote:But I believe it was in the official odyssey podcast that in order for Mtich to come back, says Kathy Buchanan, Ronald McDonald has to become a vegetarian, it has to rain pigs and Nathan Hoobler has to paint his toenails.
It makes me smile and leaves me a happy man when she says stuff like that.

Another quote of hers said that it would take heck freezing over, Starbucks going bankrupt, and the Chicago Bulls winning the Super Bowl to bring him back. And yes, she knows the Bulls are a basketball team.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Jonathan! When I first saw this thread about Mitch's return, I thought of you and that quote about heck freezing over, etc. \:D/
love.like.rain
Found

Post by love.like.rain »

I miss Mitch! I thought he was a really fun character, but I got pretty tired of seeing- or, rather, hearing- Connie go all goo- goo for him. It was cute at first, but got old really fast. so for the most part I guess I'm glad he's gone!
"Love like rain fall down, love like arms surround. Hold the universe in place, hold my heart in your embrace." -Daniel Doss Band, Love Like Rain

In memory of B. Blackwell. You are loved and missed.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Mitch was my favorite character like, ever. I miss him and I hate the AIO team for sending him away. :x

Irwin... Connie and Eugene? Seriously? :anxious:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Jellyfish11 wrote:Mitch was my favorite character like, ever. I miss him and I hate the AIO team for sending him away. :x

I Slap Floor, remember? :hilarious:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

George Poindexter wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:Mitch was my favorite character like, ever. I miss him and I hate the AIO team for sending him away. :x

It made me sick.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
George Poindexter wrote:

It made me sick.
It was a pretty good trick. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

My ideal episode for bringing Mitch back to Odyssey would be a one-shot where he e-mails Connie that he's back in the US and is coming to Odyssey to see her. Connie flies into a panic trying to make everything just right for Mitch's visit, while at the same time fearing that maybe he hasn't gotten over her and wants to give their relationship another try and wondering if she's actually gotten over him...

...and when Mitch arrives in Odyssey, he introduces Connie to his wife (and possibly their infant child). Connie relaxes, they have a nice visit and she and Mitch remain friends. And maybe Connie realizes that she's the one who has to move on.
American Eagle wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:
George Poindexter wrote:

It made me sick.
It was a pretty good trick. \:D/
No more rhymes now, I mean it! :noway:

-Kim
Last edited by Ingress Neverwhere on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!