Congrats to David O!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

David O, congrats! :)
Fill us in (if you read this)?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Actually, they started courting on Easter of this year. :)

Congrats David O and Red! I am so happy for you both, you have no idea. You have been in my prayers often this last year, and I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see you and hopefully congratulate you in person. God is so amazing, and it's so cool to see what happens when we finally let go and obey and allow Him to lead. :) Thank you for all you've taught me. I love you guys! :hug:

Sarah
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Thank you everyone for the kind comments (arch-enemies included.)

This summer has been one like no other. We started at her parent's home in Canada, working on the farm, helping with planting. Actually, I spent more of my time piling up large rocks and burning tree roots than anything else. After three weeks of this we took off for Guatemala, where we stayed for two months. Every morning we volunteered in the ER, OR, or lab of an overcrowded hospital in the region, and every evening was spent at either the orphanage, nursing home, or nutrition center of the mission base where we were staying. When our time was done, we headed back to my home in the states. One week later, I asked her is she would spend the rest of her life with me, and she said yes. :)

This summer has been one like no other, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Thanks JF, for telling my sister to tell me about this thread. We'll probably try to write up a more detailed account of what happened later. :)
Not dead yet.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for dropping by to tell us a bit of what happened, David O! :D Very cool! We'll make JF harass you if you forget to tell us more details later. ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Welcome, and I can't wait to hear the account!

you can try Catspaw, but this is the first I've heard from them sine May, so I may not be much help. :(
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, it would be fun anyway, wouldn't it? ;) It's always worth a try! O:) Or maybe we'll get details the easy way and we won't have to resort to extreme means.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

heh....this year must be " get engaged" year on the ToO......hehehehehe. * is happy for David O* * points to her thread* :D

ImageImageImageImage
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

It must be... Apparently I got engaged on Thursday. But, no one told me.

Congratulations, David O!
Do you believe in the couch?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Congrats! God bless! :D

(that makes two engagements)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Please direct any of the off-topic discussion that was occuring here to the thread those posts were split off to and relocated to HH. Click here to link directly to that thread.
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

yay =D> \:D/
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Wow, how'd I miss this?

David, you both have my sincere and joyful congratulations. I'm happy for you :D
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Hopefully you put the wedding on youtube! I wanna see you guys!
redcanadian87
I'm a teapot

Post by redcanadian87 »

Hey guys!

Thank you all for the lovely words.

I don't have much time now, but as David said, we're planning on writing up our story and posting it here eventually... Somewhere between college and wedding planning, and all the wonderful things that life throws at us.

You guys keep looking up ok? I miss all of you, and maybe someday I'll have time to be able to come back and hang out with you all again.

In Christ's Agape Love,
~ Red
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay - I'm glad that you dropped by to post, redcanadian - it's been way too long! \:D/ I'm sure you're both crazy busy, so it was nice of you to let us know the ToO isn't forgotten!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

THIS IS SO LATE I HAD NO IDEA BUT CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU DAVID O!!!!! \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Thanks EB. I <3 you too. :hug:

Just an update for those who don't know: We were married this January, and this week we're moving up to Lansing, MI where I will be attending medical school. I really should get some wedding pics up, shouldn't I?
Not dead yet.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

YES, PLEASE DO! \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.