Bible Bee

\:D/

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Will you enter the Bible Bee?

YES! *registers right away*
30%
I HATE these Bible quiz things!
10%
I can't even remember my own name!
30%
Sounds like fun, I'll check it out!
30%

Total votes: 10

SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Bible Bee

Post by SivartM »

Has anyone here heard of the Bible Bee? Is anyone planning on entering? I might.

Bible Bee is basically like a spelling bee, but you have to memorize Bible verses instead of words. Sounds fun. \:D/

Registration is until April 30, then on May 1 they put the study guide on their website, and the local competition is on September 12. The National competition will have the top 100 contestants from every age group (up to age 18) and will be held in Washington D.C. They have some pretty groovy prizes for this thing! \:D/

I think it costs $20 to enter, but that's a small price for such a neat program in my opinion.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I'm totally entering! \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

InHisArms wrote:I'm totally entering! \:D/
Hooray! I'm starting to get really excited about this.

I'm going to start memorizing Bible verses now, even though I don't know which ones I'll need to know, and hopefully by picking some more obvious ones I'll get a head start. \:D/
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Ty Borden wrote:

I'm going to start memorizing Bible verses now, even though I don't know which ones I'll need to know, and hopefully by picking some more obvious ones I'll get a head start. \:D/
I heard about this a couple weeks ago and decided to enter, I can't do a whole lot with it till the NCFCA tournament season is over, right now working on speeches takes first place. But after regionals I'll work hard at it. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

InHisArms wrote:
Ty Borden wrote:

I heard about this a couple weeks ago and decided to enter, I can't do a whole lot with it till the NCFCA tournament season is over, right now working on speeches takes first place. But after regionals I'll work hard at it. \:D/
Groovy! \:D/ See you at the National Bible Bee competition! \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I actually ran into the Bible Bee site months ago when I was surfing the net looking for information about scripture memorization. Neat idea! I love the concept and would like to participate in something like it, but for many reasons (location, timing, cost, no one to train with) am not planning to attend this one. However, I'll continue regularly memorizing verses by myself with an Excel spreadsheet to keep me motivated. ;)
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

This sounds really cool!!!!!
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Who's still doing this? I am! \:D/ I've memorized just 27 verses so far, 'cause I signed up late.
The good ol' ToO.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

When I was younger I was in something called "Bible Quizzing" it was pretty fun. \:D/ We had tournaments and stuff all across the country, it was somewhat like 'Bible Bowl' from AIO or whatever.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The only Bible quizzing I've ever done are the Awana Bible Quizzes. I have a few ribbons to show for it, as well as some videos of my stellar performances! \:D/

Never heard of any other Bible Bowls/Quizzes/Bees.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

This Bible Bee is insanely tough and serious. We have to memorize 350 passages (50 of which are whole chapters), 200 Bible knowledge questions and answers, and study 6 books of the Bible that 200 more questions will be taken from.

Can you say FUN?! \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

InHisArms wrote:This Bible Bee is insanely tough and serious. We have to memorize 350 passages (50 of which are whole chapters), 200 Bible knowledge questions and answers, and study 6 books of the Bible that 200 more questions will be taken from.

Can you say FUN?! \:D/
Oh, it sounds fun! And at least you get a list of things to study! :) InHisArms, may the Word of God dwell in you richly! :D
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I said that I would totally be registering to enter but I didn't realize you had to be under the age of 18. Obviously I don't qualify to enter. Especially now since it is past April 30th.