Adventures in Odyssey Live!

It's like being there!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:
Ingress Neverwhere wrote:The slideshow was nice (my favorite pic was Will Ryan's reaction to the giant Eugene head).
My memory might be fuzzy, but I seem to remember the giant head being a Whit head. Did they use different heads at different shows, or am I losing it?
Perhaps you're thinking of the "giant puffy Mr. Whittaker head" they mentioned on the August 27th edition of the Official Podcast? To my recollection, the giant Whit head never made an appearance on Saturday. It was probably used in the Thursday rehearsal, but I think it eventually got cut from the script - it wasn't even used for the Friday show.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was actually just going through some Colorado pics today and there is a picture of Shadowpaw wearing the Whit head, which might be what Boswell is thinking of, but the Eugene head is what they used for the show, like Trent said. :)
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I know this is kind of late compared to when the other two reviews were release but I was finally able to write my review of the pre-release version of the dvd, you can check it out here. I was originally hoping to have done this much earlier but university exams and other great parts of life got in the way.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Reddo wrote:I know this is kind of late compared to when the other two reviews were release but I was finally able to write my review of the pre-release version of the dvd, you can check it out here. I was originally hoping to have done this much earlier but university exams and other great parts of life got in the way.
*Reads entire thing with slight jealousy, while wondering how he got an advanced copy*

Awesome review Reddo...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Irwin wrote:
Reddo wrote:I know this is kind of late compared to when the other two reviews were release but I was finally able to write my review of the pre-release version of the dvd, you can check it out here. I was originally hoping to have done this much earlier but university exams and other great parts of life got in the way.
*Reads entire thing with slight jealousy, while wondering how he got an advanced copy*
Me too, especially since it doesn't come out until the 21st. :anxious:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Laurie wrote:
Irwin wrote:
Me too, especially since it doesn't come out until the 21st. :anxious:
Ditto here. At least I have time to set aside money for it...

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I bought mine on Saturday really great stuff on the CD and DVD, great addition to my collection \:D/
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Agent3xq wrote:I bought mine on Saturday really great stuff on the CD and DVD, great addition to my collection \:D/
So again, the question is where did you buy it? None of the stores in my area has it and all of my online sources indicate the 21st as the release date.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Laurie wrote:
Agent3xq wrote:I bought mine on Saturday really great stuff on the CD and DVD, great addition to my collection \:D/
So again, the question is where did you buy it? None of the stores in my area has it and all of my online sources indicate the 21st as the release date.
They had it at a local Christian bookstore called Heaven on Earth, but all the stores have weird releases and stuff, that bookstore also told me that the Truth Chronicles was being released to the store until this June :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Agent3xq wrote:
Laurie wrote:
They had it at a local Christian bookstore called Heaven on Earth, but all the stores have weird releases and stuff, that bookstore also told me that the Truth Chronicles was being released to the store until this June :-k
That is weird. I'm stuck with Family Christian Stores and they are S-L-O-W. They won't get it in until next August knowing my luck. If my two favorite book stores were still open, I'd have mine now I just know it.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Laurie wrote:
Agent3xq wrote:
Laurie wrote:
That is weird. I'm stuck with Family Christian Stores and they are S-L-O-W. They won't get it in until next August knowing my luck. If my two favorite book stores were still open, I'd have mine now I just know it.
Yeah Family is really slow, I went there first to look and they had the Novacom series collection, but it was a little expensive. If I didn't have so many coupons for there I would never go
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I found mine today!!! Ironically enough I found it at a Family Christian Store.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I'm not sure where but I know that the question has come up before of whether or not BTV: Live will get an episode number or not. I asked Nathan about it and currently it will NOT be numbered.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Reddo wrote:I'm not sure where but I know that the question has come up before of whether or not BTV: Live will get an episode number or not. I asked Nathan about it and currently it will NOT be numbered.
You're probably thinking about this thread. :) Thanks for this info, Reddo!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

A few days ago, I ordered both the Novacom set and the Live! set - the first to be shipped to my school address, the second, to my home address, since it was apparently back ordered until May 20 or so. And... I just got word that Adventures in Odyssey Live is in the mail! If only, if only... but at least it will be waiting for me when I get home! \:D//:mad:

I'm a little surprised that it isn't being numbered, considering that all the other live episodes have been, and the Passages shows will be. :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I just placed my order for the Live! CD/DVD. \:D/

Initially, I was a little surprised/disappointed the episode wasn't going to be numbered - but it makes more sense after reading Nathan's explanation.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Initially, I was a little surprised/disappointed the episode wasn't going to be numbered - but it makes more sense after reading Nathan's explanation.
Link to Nathan's explanation please?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

You should stick around more often, Jonathan. ;)

Reddo posted the following at the end of the Boswell's Darien's Rise thread:
Reddo wrote:Nathan said that the current reasoning behind the numbering scheme is that if it airs on the radio it is given a number. While this doesn't explain the whole LCD thing it does explain why Kidsboro and Darien's Rise are numbered while BTV: Live is not.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Welp, I placed my order through Barnes & Noble, which ironically still had the 5/1/2009 release date listed.

We'll see what happens from there.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I pre-ordered mine yesterday. Hope to have it within a week! \:D/