Wikipedia says Alan Young died

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

31899 wrote:Never Believe Wiki anything
Come on, AIOwiki is one of the largest AIO sites out there:....

Go THERE

I'm one of it's proud editors...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Glad to hear he's still alive. :) Although it does make me think. The actors are getting old. We've already lost a few of them. It shouldn't surprise me when more of them end up dying, simply of old age. It's kind of a sad thought, but I guess it needn't be a surprising one.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

This fall Dave Madden will turn 78 and Will Ryan will turn 70. They're the next in line. :-
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Woah! Woah! Woah! Let's not get out of hand. Just because there is an occasional error in wikipedia is no reason not to trust it. Let's all act like mature wikipedians and when we see something that we question, look it up and if we don't find anything verifying it, edit the article. That's what makes wikipedia work.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

As Ronald Reagan said, "Trust, but verify!"
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Post by 31899 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Woah! Woah! Woah! Let's not get out of hand. Just because there is an occasional error in wikipedia is no reason not to trust it. Let's all act like mature wikipedians and when we see something that we question, look it up and if we don't find anything verifying it, edit the article. That's what makes wikipedia work.
Why do you think you can not use a wiki-anything as a resource on an assignment.

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Reddo wrote:Good news, the user who added that to wikipedia has said that it was a false alarm, and that Alan lives on =D>
Thank goodness!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

31899 wrote:
Why do you think you can not use a wiki-anything as a resource on an assignment.

Frankly, because teachers are dumb. :anxious:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

31899 wrote:

I can... and usually do. I have other resources, naturally, but I can use Wiki.... I wouldn't down wiki so much. It helps me a lot. Just when I want something random to read.

Of course, in this instance, it was just a typo- wrong thing. But, that happens on all sites. If you can;t trust wiki, than why trust ANY site at all? Go back to books...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
31899 wrote:

I can... and usually do. I have other resources, naturally, but I can use Wiki.... I wouldn't down wiki so much. It helps me a lot. Just when I want something random to read.

Of course, in this instance, it was just a typo- wrong thing. But, that happens on all sites. If you can;t trust wiki, than why trust ANY site at all? Go back to books...
But, you can't trust books either. Studies have proven wikipedia to be just as reliable as Encyclopedia Britanica, so since wikipedia is such a piece of garbage *cough* sarcasm *cough*, you can't trust any book either. (after all, did you know any author can put whatever they want in a book? :shock: )
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

31899 wrote:

But, you can't trust books either. Studies have proven wikipedia to be just as reliable as Encyclopedia Britanica, so since wikipedia is such a piece of garbage *cough* sarcasm *cough*, you can't trust any book either. (after all, did you know any author can put whatever they want in a book? :shock: )
Was that at me or 31899? Cause, I was telling him to go back to books... I really don't care. I use both. (Hmm... gives me an idea to tell me sister something...) Sorry, it just seems your downing me in that instance... I'm going to exit the convo now...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

31899 wrote:

Was that at me or 31899? Cause, I was telling him to go back to books... I really don't care. I use both. (Hmm... gives me an idea to tell me sister something...) Sorry, it just seems your downing me in that instance... I'm going to exit the convo now...
Sorry, it was meant for 31899 and I didn't mean to offend either of you. I have no problem with you using books for research, I was just making a point. I would never use them because wikipedia is just so much more efficient and easy to use, but there's nothing wrong with books. (after all, wikipedia's content comes mostly from books)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Mark Twain wrote: "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
'Nuf said.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*edits wikipedia to say that AIO ended for good and Will Ryan died of heart attack*

\:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait

Post by 31899 »

Jellyfish11 wrote:*edits wikipedia to say that AIO ended for good and Will Ryan died of heart attack*

Point and case.

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jellyfish11 wrote:*edits wikipedia to say that AIO ended for good and Will Ryan died of heart attack*
He was that surprised they ended it, eh? :-k
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

31899 wrote:

Point and case.

Does wikipedia say that?

Some one threatening to add false information doesn't make a source unreliable.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

King Butter Turtle wrote: Some one threatening to add false information doesn't make a source unreliable.
No, but the fact that it's a website that anyone can edit should make it, not unreliable, but at least not as credible as other websites that would have similar/the same information.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Ingress Neverwhere wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote: Some one threatening to add false information doesn't make a source unreliable.
No, but the fact that it's a website that anyone can edit should make it, not unreliable, but at least not as credible as other websites that would have similar/the same information.

-Kim
Actually, it makes it significantly more reliable.