a new whit?

could it be?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:After Paul's twelve years with Focus... you think they'd force him out?
It's a very real possibility. They never tell us anything, so what else are we supposed to think?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

GlennAdams wrote:
31899 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Whit seems to be sort of based off of Dr. Dobson?

Actually, I think of Jack as more like Dr. Dobson, in my opinion at least. They even have the "Ja" thing goin'. ;)
Example: Dr. Dobson does not make money from Focus On The Family. Whit does not make money from Whit's End. There are others but I do not want to bore you.

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

darcie wrote:I wouldn't expect an official announcement regarding the actor change... things like that are most often meant to go unnoticed. Although I'm sure you were just commenting on Top's statement and not actually expecting one. ;)
And this has turned into my current favourite topic. Speculation and all is quite fun. :D
Yes, we were just following the joke. I mean, Whit is an important person after all, having fought alongside William the Conqueror. ;)
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

31899 wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:
31899 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Whit seems to be sort of based off of Dr. Dobson?

Actually, I think of Jack as more like Dr. Dobson, in my opinion at least. They even have the "Ja" thing goin'. ;)
Example: Dr. Dobson does not make money from Focus On The Family. Whit does not make money from Whit's End. There are others but I do not want to bore you.

Well, I always imagined Jack looking a bit like Dr. Dobson... Let apples be apples... or something like that. lol
I do what I do.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

That's weird in my mind Dr. Dobson looks like Jack (and no it is not the other way around.)

Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Pseudonym wrote:
Whit'sEnd.org wrote:Hey, loyal fans!

Today is we would like to make an official announcement regarding the future of AIO. While recording the new shows coming next year, we FORCED Paul Herlinger out of our recording studio. Seriously, we KICKED him out. He's finished! Kaput! Instead, we're putting in a new Whit that will appeal to younger audiences, it's...

Billy Ray Cyrus! We're bringing him in to replace the OLD Whit. He was gracious enough to accept our recording offer (as long as we give a few discreet promotions for Hannah Montana merchandise).
^ From the future.
So, will he sing Achy Breaky Heart? ;) Is Miley going to have a role too?
*is totally kidding* And, BTW, Pseu, when did you start to have visions of the future?
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Miley will take over for Connie.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Troy Bolton wrote:Miley will take over for Connie.
And start a duo with Eugene playing Ukulele, and they will become more Odyssey's most famous citizens, so much so that the world will forget all about the town being also home to the creator of Power Boy. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Laurie wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:After Paul's twelve years with Focus... you think they'd force him out?
It's a very real possibility. They never tell us anything, so what else are we supposed to think?
We should think that the writers and producers of AIO are Christian and will behave in a Christian manner. At least give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm dissapointed in a lot of posts in this thread. People are jumping to conclusions and making judgements and accusations against the AIO staff with little real proof of anything. Have more faith people. These are your brothers and sisters in Christ we're talking about here.

This is a disturbing trend I see almost everywhere in the "Christian" world, including in my own life. Why are we so quick to judge and condemn?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Because the Bible says let him who is without sin cast the fir... err wait... :anxious:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Gandalf wrote:
Laurie wrote:
We should think that the writers and producers of AIO are Christian and will behave in a Christian manner. At least give them the benefit of the doubt.
I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it is very difficult to not jump to conclusions.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

The Top Crusader wrote:Because the Bible says let him who is without sin cast the fir... err wait... :anxious:
Thanks for the reminder Top. I'm not trying to 'cast stones'. I know I'm just as guilty as everyone on this particular issue, so I'm trying to encourage us all, not condemn anyone or prejudge without the facts.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I've been skimming this thread the last few days--translation, I've been so insanely busy I haven't brought myself to read the thread post by post, word for word--and have a few resulting thoughts.

I agree completely with two posts that have been made: Darcie's and especially Top's.

Now, I relate to many of you, I'm not a huge fan of change. But let's look at what we know--Paul's getting old, and we're in the middle of the hiatus. It makes sense this is happening now.

Second, we have no proof Paul was forced out. I consider it such an obscure possibility, after what they went through when Hal died, to believe they'd willingly go through it again. Like Top, if I'm wrong I'll be annoyed, but I'm sure that whatever has happened has happened with Paul's blessing.

And before anyone says we don't know it happened that way, sure. But then again, there is no evidence he was forced out either.

Lastly, I trust the AIO team. In some ways it feels funny to say that now, but I do. If they have a new voice, I'm sure it's close, and I'm sure it'll work out. All I have to do is work my way through the inevitable transition period wherein I get used to the new voice.

So, in conclusion, let's relax and look forward to AIO's return :)

edit--We can add Gandalf's post to the list of post's I believe have been beneficial to this discussion.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jonathan's alive! \:D/
Gandalf wrote:I'm dissapointed in a lot of posts in this thread. People are jumping to conclusions and making judgements and accusations against the AIO staff with little real proof of anything. Have more faith people. These are your brothers and sisters in Christ we're talking about here.
Actually, I think a lot of people have been pretty level-headed about this whole situation.

Either that or I've been misinterpreting all the sarcasm. ;)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Jonathan's alive! \:D/
Gandalf wrote:I'm dissapointed in a lot of posts in this thread. People are jumping to conclusions and making judgments and accusations against the AIO staff with little real proof of anything. Have more faith people. These are your brothers and sisters in Christ we're talking about here.
Actually, I think a lot of people have been pretty level-headed about this whole situation.

Either that or I've been misinterpreting all the sarcasm. ;)
My thoughts exactly. Most people have expressed disappointment that this is happening...which is normal. And the hilarious part if every other post is falsely "calming" down other users who are doing so and showing this false inflated sense of "maturity" towards the situation. But no one is, well, as you say "making judgments and accusations against AIO staff...and not showing "faith (and anything less than sarcasm)". I feel like the whole thread has been like trying to calm down a slug. No one is panicking, or being harsh, but merely being sad that Paul is leaving. What's the problem?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Okay, so now that we've beaten down this topic to death - let's start a new one. It's something I've been wondering about since we first found out about the "new" Whit. Within the context of the show, how do you think the writers will explain this sudden change in Whit's voice? Won't Connie and Eugene find it strange that Whit sounds different? Perhaps a bad experience at the dentist? It could be called Dental Disaster. Or perhaps they won't even notice at all. Eugene certainly didn't when the new Katrina stepped in. (Her real name is Latrina.)
Bennett wrote:What's the problem?
Besides the fact you have Charlize Theron as your avatar? :noway:
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Can you think of anyone that has a Whit voice that you've heard on the radio or TV? Anyone that goes to your church?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Okay, so now that we've beaten down this topic to death - let's start a new one. It's something I've been wondering about since we first found out about the "new" Whit. Within the context of the show, how do you think the writers will explain this sudden change in Whit's voice? Won't Connie and Eugene find it strange that Whit sounds different? Perhaps a bad experience at the dentist? It could be called Dental Disaster. Or perhaps they won't even notice at all. Eugene certainly didn't when the new Katrina stepped in. (Her real name is Latrina.
Did they even notice that Whit had a new voice when Paul Herlinger stepped in? Not that I know of. I don't think the writers will explain it. As has been stated here in this very topic: they don't have to tell us anything. Should we start to wonder if Connie and Eugene themselves have new voices? At this point it would not surprise me.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laurie wrote:Did they even notice that Whit had a new voice when Paul Herlinger stepped in? Not that I know of.
Well, Eugene thought Whit was a cleaning lady, so that's gotta count for something.

"I should hit you with my mop!" :x
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Humor alert.
Will Ryan will now voice Connie Kendall, and Katie Leigh will voice the new Whit! Paul Herlinger will now voice the deceased Tom Riley, who will come back as a ghost to teach lessons from the point of view of a dead man!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: