Lights Out! Camera, Action!

some of my AIO ramblings, plus my latest Odyssey acquisition!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

ImATFKGirl938 wrote:
LizzieG wrote: - Gifts for Madge and Guy: I'll admit it, I never used to like this episode much, mostly because it was silly, and when I was little I often didn't get (or appreciate) most of the humor. Now, however, I like it a lot more. One line still baffles me, though: "Ethel was lying where the porch used to be." :-k
How can you not understand that? It's simple. They sold the porch and she probably forgot, so when she tried to go inside, she fell on the ground where the porch used to be. lol.
Oh, I understand how she got there; what makes me frown in puzzlement is why she was still lying there a considerable amount of time later. I guess it's just one of the oddities of the episode! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Gifts for Madge and Guy is so quick with its humor... sometimes it's hard to catch everything the first time. ;)

I actually recently listened to it while mowing the lawn and caught some things that I had previous missed. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

That rap song in Lights Out is very... interesting... :-s
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

which episode is Lights Out?
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

aiowiki has a pretty good description of the episode
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Reddo wrote:aiowiki has a pretty good description of the episode
Whitsend.org has an even better description.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
I don't get it how is the whit's end one better? their exactly the same except aiowiki has a list of the characters that appeared in it
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Reddo wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:
I don't get it how is the whit's end one better? their exactly the same except aiowiki has a list of the characters that appeared in it
AIO wiki copied from Whit's End :noway:
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I can NOT believe I am listening to "Lights Out at Whit's End"! This is amazing.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Gifts for Madge and Guy is so quick with its humor... sometimes it's hard to catch everything the first time. ;)

I actually recently listened to it while mowing the lawn and caught some things that I had previous missed. \:D/
You listened while mowing your lawn?!
Loud.......... :sick:
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

LizzieG wrote:Greetings, ToO'ers! :D

My original reason for starting this topic was to talk about my new rare Odyssey tape, but now I have another reason, so this thread isn't entirely purposeless ;)

First, though.... Exhibit A!

I found the whole Odyssey USA album on ebay...
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

At one point there was a thread where somebody posted a site that had almost every really lost episode on it. There I heard "Career Moves", I think it was "Sticks and Stones" (Goes and gets the official guide) and also heard "Lights out at Whit's End"
It was like "Odyssey fan" something or other I think. If only I could remember the site.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

http://www.odysseyfan.com/AIO_Audio.html

That is the site you may be thinking of. Personally, I don't feel right listening to episodes from it...
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Yeah, that's it. I found it in my bookmarks. Tried putting it up here, but for some reason it didn't show up on the page.
I agree about feeling kind of guilty, listening to the episodes on here and stuff, but how else should we listen to these long lost episodes?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Dallas R. wrote:Yeah, that's it. I found it in my bookmarks. Tried putting it up here, but for some reason it didn't show up on the page.
I agree about feeling kind of guilty, listening to the episodes on here and stuff, but how else should we listen to these long lost episodes?
Hunt them down. I've written to Focus, and they assured me that I can'y get any of those episodes from them. However, them gave me Christmas Around the World, and BTV: Grace. I also search ebay very often for new finds such as the Odyssey USA album I found. :D

In fact, there is a rare lot ending in 35 minuted that I'm current;y bidding on.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

There is nothing illegal or wrong with listening to the episodes that are rightfully available on odysseyfan's website. Since those episodes are not and will never be purchaseable and the AIO staff knows about the website and hasn't asked to have the episodes removed, there's nothing wrong with it.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

King Butter Turtle wrote:There is nothing illegal or wrong with listening to the episodes that are rightfully available on odysseyfan's website. Since those episodes are not and will never be purchaseable and the AIO staff knows about the website and hasn't asked to have the episodes removed, there's nothing wrong with it.
Agreed, but aren't all episodes their copyright?

At the end of every episodes chris says, "Adventures in Odyssey is a presntation of Focus on the Family"?

Just my opinion... :- :-
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Irwin wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:There is nothing illegal or wrong with listening to the episodes that are rightfully available on odysseyfan's website. Since those episodes are not and will never be purchaseable and the AIO staff knows about the website and hasn't asked to have the episodes removed, there's nothing wrong with it.
Agreed, but aren't all episodes their copyright?

At the end of every episodes chris says, "Adventures in Odyssey is a presntation of Focus on the Family"?

Just my opinion... :- :-
Right, but they've been released to the public and are no longer being sold, therefore he has the right to do with them what he wishes, unless they ask him to take them down, that would be where their copyrights come into play: they have the right to ask him to remove them and if he didn't comply, they could take legal action, however since they haven't asked such, he has the right to share them due to the fact that they're not being sold anymore.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Actually, it is illegal and Focus can ask him to take the site down at any time. They've done this in the past; a few years ago there was someone selling bootlegs of the entire Odyssey USA album; Focus asked them to stop.

On the other hand, Focus (or its representatives) clearly know about the site; several AIO staff writers watch this forum as well as the entire AIO online community. Clearly they aren't that concerned about the site.

Whether or not it is immoral to download from this site is up to your conscience I suppose.

If I may, I suggest that, if you download from this site (or get AIO episodes anywhere for free), you send Focus a donation of at least $2 for every episode you get.