Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:How is that I have "negative" money...? :-k

Anything to do with April 1st?

OR something else strange? :anxious:

-Cowboy
That's odd - I didn't take it. O:) I did resync the post count last night, which double-checks and changes the post count if some were missed that should have been counted or vice versa, but I didn't think that it would affect the funds at all. I can donate you whatever you think you lost if you are really missing the money. ;)
KODY 105 wrote:Do you as a regular human being appreciate "April Fools Day"?

Do you as an official/administrator appreciate "April Fools Day"?

What is the proper punctuation for "April Fools Day" anyway?
It's never been a big day at my home, but I always look forward to reading about what Laura did to her family! \:D/ Since I have to go to work today and there's this game going on where people can win stuff, I might be less than amused if too many people think it's funny to pretend that they won a big prize. People do that no matter what day it is and I know better than to react until I see proof that they've won anyway, though. ;)

I like April Fool's Day because it's the ToO's anniversary! \:D/ That makes it special and fun and something to look forward to!

It appears that both April Fool's Day and April Fools' Day are commonly used. Take your pick! I think the latter is more technically correct, but people know what you mean either way.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

What do you think of this picture

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Allow me to answer as Catspaw's proxy:

:thud:

Blasphemy!

;)

I don't think she would like that.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What an intriguing caricature! Not the most flattering drawing ever, though. :-k

KODY's answer works too. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Were you involved in the "Random Roulette of Doom" as well? Your avatar is... an interesting choice of pictures to represent you!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

KODY 105 wrote:Were you involved in the "Random Roulette of Doom" as well? Your avatar is... an interesting choice of pictures to represent you!
I was indeed! \:D/ This would be a very odd choice of images oetherwise. :lol: This is what choosing number 14 did to me. :( It isn't too bad - I think it's quite funny, actually! And if I had chosen this avatar to represent me, I might have a few issues to work through. ;)
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Hey! Did you miss me?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:Hey! Did you miss me?
Of course! :D You were gone for quite a while! It's always great when a member returns.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

It's a serious question! Quick; get in the car!

What's the board policy on replying to old (dead?) threads, meaning ones that haven't had new replies in a month, two months, three months, etc? Is there even a policy about resurrecting old threads, or did I just miss where it was posted?

EDIT: *takes note of new rank* I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ingress Neverwhere wrote:It's a serious question! Quick; get in the car!

What's the board policy on replying to old (dead?) threads, meaning ones that haven't had new replies in a month, two months, three months, etc? Is there even a policy about resurrecting old threads, or did I just miss where it was posted?

EDIT: *takes note of new rank* I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

-Kim
:lol:

We generally discourage thread bumping, but it's not something that we have a hard and fast policy on because sometimes the appropriateness of bumping a thread is based on more than just dates. In general, if the thread is more than a month old and you don't have anything much to say ("yeah, I totally agree!!!" would be an example of the kind of statement that we especially discourage for thread bumping) but if there's a thread within the last couple months that you have a significant comment that you think is worthwhile to add, it's probably okay to bump the thread. I know that sounds vague, but it's kind of a judgment call. I'm sure that it will be fine! If you have a question about a specific thread, you can post here or PM me. We try not to be too harsh, so don't stress too much about it! I hope that (kind of) helps. ;)

Your rank would have changed because you reached the next posting level in the automatic system that changed the ranks. :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Do you have any influence on the automatic ranking system? When was the current system last edited?
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

What is the automatic ranking system?

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

KODY 105 wrote:Do you have any influence on the automatic ranking system? When was the current system last edited?
I suppose I have an influence in that I could change the ranks if I wanted to, but usually the elected admins come up with those. I think I came up with most of our list back in term 2. \:D/ The most recent set would have been added by JIA and Christina/Kait, though I'm not quickly locating exactly when in their term they were implemented. :-k
31899 wrote:What is the automatic ranking system?

I believe KODY is referring to the ranks, or titles, that appear under each user's name. :) They are automatically assigned based on the number of posts that a member has, unless they choose to go to the shop on the top menu bar, select the Odyssey Specialty Shop, and change their title to something of their own choosing. :) It's a tradition that each term the admins will change them to something new, so there are always fun surprises! :D
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that.

Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

How do you get a rank bar under your name? I bought the thingy at the shop, but don't know what to do now. Was it a waste of money?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:How do you get a rank bar under your name? I bought the thingy at the shop, but don't know what to do now. Was it a waste of money?
You need to send the rank bar pass to an admin, along with the information on which rank bar you want. :) Click here to see your options! :D
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Catspaw wrote:
Donna Blackbeard wrote:How do you get a rank bar under your name? I bought the thingy at the shop, but don't know what to do now. Was it a waste of money?
You need to send the rank bar pass to an admin, along with the information on which rank bar you want. :) Click here to see your options! :D
Can you do it?
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Catspaw wrote:

-Cowboy
That's odd - I didn't take it. O:) I did resync the post count last night, which double-checks and changes the post count if some were missed that should have been counted or vice versa, but I didn't think that it would affect the funds at all. I can donate you whatever you think you lost if you are really missing the money. ;)
I'm just curious. ;)

If that was the case, then more people would probably have had the same problem. I'm one of a kind. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Donna Blackbeard wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Can you do it?
Last I checked, I was an admin! \:D/ So yes.
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

-Cowboy
I'm just curious. ;)

If that was the case, then more people would probably have had the same problem. I'm one of a kind. \:D/

-Cowboy
You certainly are one of a kind, and the world is eternally grateful for that! ;) It is odd, but you're an odd kind of guy.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

So, I PM you?