17 Again

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

17 Again

Post by Mountain_Girl »

hey guys. Have you seen the preview for this movie? I think it is going to be a hit! It looks really cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqwRL4Ir8o

Matthew Perry and Zac Efron are in it.....Zac plays the younger version of the character Matthew Perry plays, Mike Odonnell.

it is kind of cute to see Zac Efron play a father type roll.....and from the previews I think he does a great job. But I guess we will see how does and if he should go back to musicals....lol

ImageImageImageImage
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Actually, I did see the previews and want to go see it. :anxious:
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw a trailer a while ago and thought it looked interesting. I would like to see the movie - hopefully it lives up to it's good potential, instead of the potential for content issues. I'll try to talk my sister into seeing it with me! :D

And come on - Matthew Perry and Zac Efron playing the same character? How can any reasonable girl resist? ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've had dreams like this. I was suddenly 10 years old again and thinking about how I would live life differently knowing what I do now. :p
Catspaw wrote:And come on - Matthew Perry and Zac Efron playing the same character? How can any reasonable girl resist? ;)
*resists* :noway:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I must be a very unreasonable girl! :noway: *resists easily* \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I want to see the film recut so its all Matthew Perry! \:D/
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

OH! i really want to see this!! :D
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

*gags*

*coughs*

*gags some more*

*throws up*

I hate Zac Effron with a passion :x.

With that said, I'll probably never see the film ;). I'm a very stubborn and obstinate individual, and when I make up my mind that I dislike someone, I usually don't see ANYTIHNG with them in it >_>.

I'll watch the trailer, though. \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I really dislike Zac Effron or whatever his name is. But I kind of like Matthew Perry... I wouldn't mind seeing it. That is, if it is clean and not just all about the 'hottness' of Zac Effron. :noway: Vomit. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I might want to see it, but it depends on the reviews and what my parents say. Sometimes they even restrict me from seeing movies that FotF has approved. :anxious:
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Amethystic wrote:I might want to see it, but it depends on the reviews and what my parents say. Sometimes they even restrict me from seeing movies that FotF has approved. :anxious:
my parents used to do that too!!!! I used to get soooooo mad because my friends would be able to see the movie and would come back to tell me how great it was.......and guess what! Those movies I wasn't allowed to see....I have seen now!!!! and I saw them with........wait for it.....MY PARENTS!!!!! and my parents like them!!!! wow, what a change of mind!

ImageImageImageImage
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Mountain_Girl wrote:
Amethystic wrote:I might want to see it, but it depends on the reviews and what my parents say. Sometimes they even restrict me from seeing movies that FotF has approved. :anxious:
my parents used to do that too!!!! I used to get soooooo mad because my friends would be able to see the movie and would come back to tell me how great it was.......and guess what! Those movies I wasn't allowed to see....I have seen now!!!! and I saw them with........wait for it.....MY PARENTS!!!!! and my parents like them!!!! wow, what a change of mind!
I'm not alone! \:D/ Yeah, well it's for the best; at least now I've been trained to make good media choices. :yes: But I still have a few movies that I want to watch when I'm older... :- Nothing especially bad though, I detest horror and crude chick flicks thanks to them. :D
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Amethystic wrote:
Mountain_Girl wrote:
I'm not alone! \:D/ Yeah, well it's for the best; at least now I've been trained to make good media choices. :yes: But I still have a few movies that I want to watch when I'm older... :- Nothing especially bad though, I detest horror and crude chick flicks thanks to them. :D
hate to say it but a few times I did rebel...I saw a few movies, that I got into trouble for, on tv ( back then we had cable and didn't have the type were you could lock certain things). I watched both gremlin movies, poltergist 3, and the last part of Bride of Chucky ( I got into serious trouble with that one)......it was on the abc family's 13 days of halloween....horror movies for 13 days, basically.....and that and Nickalodeon and Cartoon Network were the only channels I could watch...well...Animal planet, some TNT( only channel to have the waltons), TBN, and discovery were some others.....

oh, I also watched a few parts of Harry Potter movies....I don't think my parents know yet about that though...... :anxious:

ImageImageImageImage
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I don't have a serious problem with not watching recent films since they're basically all rubbish anyway...

Anyway, you may now continue the discussion on *ahem* Zac Effron.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I really want to see this movie, but not because of Zac Efron at all. I think it seems really good and pretty funny. Zac Efron is too much of a pretty boy for me anyways...Although he has gotten really good at singing since the first HSM.

<3<3<3
BBB
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Pseudonym wrote:Anyway, you may now continue the discussion on *ahem* Zac Effron.
I like the look on his face when his daughter says, "Who do you think you are, my father?" :lol:
And I love the reference to the fight being on Youtube. :rofl:
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Golly Gee Whilikers!! I LOVED it! it was GREAT!

it is rated pg-13 for a reason.......suggestive things, language....but all in all it was really cute and funny!

ImageImageImageImage
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I want to see it... I hate Zac Efron (times ONE MILLION), but it look interesting! And who can resist Matthew Perry? I jsut need money! Hehe... I'll wait for DVD, probably. Maybe even netflix/roku! :)
love.like.rain
Found

Post by love.like.rain »

I saw it about a week ago. It was kinda cute, and it was also extremely akward. The mature themes are handled overall pretty well, and I though it was cool to see Mark stand up for abstinence, although it kind of seemed liked Hollywood was poking fun at the idea of staying sexually pure.
"Love like rain fall down, love like arms surround. Hold the universe in place, hold my heart in your embrace." -Daniel Doss Band, Love Like Rain

In memory of B. Blackwell. You are loved and missed.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I liked it a lot.

It deserved its PG-13 rating, but I found it to be very funny, touching, and with better messages than most in its genre. I also thought the acting was good. Happily, I was neither overwhelmed with either love or hate for Zac Efron beforehand, so my opinion that this movie proved he can act is valid... right? :D