Internatiasional debate stuff here.

Use this post to argue.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Bruce Wayne wrote: lol, this really isn't the debate, but I'll say a little bit here.

Well, first of all, most of the Palestinian people want peace. You are doing exactly what you don't want others doing to Canada and France. Stereotyping.

Think about it. The U.S. soldiers had to do some things that were very tramatic to the Palestinian people. Also think about that one little incident involving the humiliation of Palestinian POWs by US troops...

Don't become a robot, try to actually think for yourself. Don't be quick to jump on any group of people because of the limited amount of information you have, or have looked up.

The people that are the "bad guys" here are the radical extremists that want to take out Israel, but even than I can see the rationalism there. Anyway, this is a whole other debate for another time.
I haven't become a robot. I've been exposed to much more pro-Palestinian media than any American could probably imagine (remember my three summers abroad? One of them I had to read 5-10 international newspapers every weekday. I know what the very skewed media says. I've witnessed dozens of pro-Palestinian rallies, and I think I've had a much clearer view of the pro-Palestinian side of things than the average person. You tell me not to base my opinions on limited facts that I have or have looked up, yet I've actually experience more facts in this area than probably 75% of Americans and Canadians. Where exactly are you getting your facts? Do you have personal experience with this? Are you basing your sympathy for Palestinian terror on the cold hard facts or the emotional manipulation of others who have specific agendas?

I am also capable of thinking for myself, and I've looked at the facts. Again, probably more so than most Americans or Canadians. Why do you assume that because I disagree with you, I'm a drone? I haven't accused you of such behavior, kindly maintain the same civility toward myself.

There are a few Palestinians who want peace, to be sure, but unfortunately they get mistreated in the same way as the majority who want violence, death, and hatred. That's not surprising, and we can't do anything about it. There were a small minority of Germans who didn't approve of the Nazis action either, but they suffered the consequences when the bombs fell just as those who had voted for the Nazi party. It's called being a part of a community. When your community does something wrong, you, unfortunately, suffer along with them.

You seem to think that it is only a minority who want death and destruction. Sadly, it is a majority. If it wasn't a majority, they wouldn't elect organizations like Hamas and other extreme parties as their representatives to Parliament (radical parties make up roughly 60% of the current government). Even "moderate" Fatah, which is supposedly the least violent and terrorist minded organization in their politics, is more extreme and sponsors "a number of militant groups" since its founding. If Europe or the U.S. had even one party as extreme as Fatah, they would be branded "Nazis", yet the majority of Palestinians have elected a party that Hitler would be proud of.

And this isn't exaggerating. Don't you think its telling when the controlling party has, as its stated aims, to destroy Israel and bring about harm to both the US and the UK? Those doesn't sound very peace-loving (or freedom loving to me. This would be akin to the US electing a party that has as its official platform a promise to militarily destroy Canada... Not appropriate for any country or Parliament. No, the media wants us to believe that 99% of a Palestinians would simply like to live harmoniously side by side with Israel and be all peaceful and civilized. Unfortunately they don't vote that way.

Sadly, most Palestinian people do not want peace. They want the complete destruction of Israel and violence and mayhem in general. I can't tell you why. Palestinians have been kicked out of numerous Islamic countries (Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc.) because they are, as a community, violent and hateful, even to other Muslims. If it was only Israel with whom they had problems, one might wonder, but since they've had problems with every country they've come in contact with since WWII, one might begin to wonder...

I am not aware that the US military has had any dealing with Palestinians, much less a "traumatic" or "humiliating". Could you please cite a source for that?

If you can see the rationalism behind any group or organization wanting to take out Israel, then you have no concept of the historical elements in this conflict. When Israel was founded after WWII, the Jews wanted to 'just get along'. There were many Palestinians who did as well. Sadly, they were murdered by their own people for being "Jew lovers". Trying to understand that rational that would first murder their own countrymen who wanted peace and then murder a country who offers stability, wealth, and prosperity to those who do choose to integrate is insanity. It's rather like trying to understand Hitler or Stalin's rationality: You may get there, but when you do you've taken on their disease.

Regarding the "badly mistreated" discussion - No, it is not redundant. Mistreatment is part of human life. What I meant when I said that Israel has not badly mistreated Palestinians is that they have not done so in either normal or inappropriate or unjustifiable ways. For example, when the U.S. has water or mineral right disputes with Canada, we may be mistreating them, but we aren't badly mistreating them until we gun down Canadian citizens for no reason.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

KODY 105 wrote:I would enjoy his opinions on the subject. Whatever he says is true-- don't disbelieve it!
I do ,which is probably why I'll get some strange looks after people read my views on those common political issues. :anxious:

And Gandalf, I'm sorry, but I refuse to read something that long unless it's school or fiction related. Hmmm... fiction. *pulls out Amish romance novel* :read:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Gandalf wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Qui est de Quebec? J'adore ce pays!
Je suis. \:D/

Of course, pretty much everyone in Quebec is trained to hate Americans (it's part of the propaganda brainwash session), but the poutine there is good, so that makes everything all right! \:D/
Vraiment? J'ai pense que les quebecois aiment bien les americains mais detestent les autre canadiens a cause de leurs maltraitances des francaphones...

Une amie americaine de moi, elle etait au Quebec il y a 2 ou 3 anees. Elle a dit que, quand les quebecois a l'ecoute parle anglais, ils ne la parlent pas. Mais quand ils comprendent qu'elle etait americaine et pas canadienne, ils parlent avec plaisir et etaient tres gentiles et cordials...

Pardon mon francais... J'ai reste en Belgique pour l'ete mais je n'avais pas l'occasion pour utiliser francais apres ca. Et je suis tres fashe que les accents ne marche pas avec ce forum ici.
Le mot propre est francaphonie.
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Maximum Ride wrote:*sighs* Fine: the government is responsible for either letting it happen or doing the dirty deed themselves. They had plenty of military planes in the air when the attack occurred, more than enough to prevent the planes from crashing. They did it to maintain control over the people through fear as well as invade the Middle East to try to control their oil resources so that they can make more money through our car-dependant civilization. Which, by the way, could have switched over to completely electronic cars by now if not for government and company regulations that maintain the culture's total dependancy on oil and gas, neither of which are in short supply. The government has also kept that quiet so that they could over price us on fossil fuels. They're also exaggerating the climate change 'crisis' in order to control the people through fear as well as have an excuse to charge us with extra taxes.
That simply doesn't jive with reality. I'm not sure about up North, but down here we aren't in the habit of shooting down fully-loaded passenger airlines, so it wouldn't have mattered how many military planes we had in the air. If you could give me one example of where such an attack had happened in the Western World before 9/11 which would have justified the military shooting down a fully-loaded passenger plane, then perhaps this would be more believable, but even if we knew the planes had been hijacked, which there is no proof that we did, there was no possible way we could have foreseen them crashing them into the towers. Even if we could have, I'm still not entirely sure it would have been right to shoot down the planes...

As for the supposed oil we're getting from the Middle East: People keep saying this, but we still haven't gotten the oil. Afghanistan has no oil and the Iraqi oil production is just now going into production. Oh yeah, and the Iraqis, not the Americans, are getting the money for it.

If we could have switched over to electric cars by now but haven't because of a government conspiracy, why hasn't even one European country done so?

I'm with you on the climate change scare... only it isn't the American government doing it (seriously, where have you been from 2001-2009? American has been viciously attacked and berated for refusing to jump on the climate change bandwagon).
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Maximum Ride wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:I would enjoy his opinions on the subject. Whatever he says is true-- don't disbelieve it!
I do ,which is probably why I'll get some strange looks after people read my views on those common political issues. :anxious:

And Gandalf, I'm sorry, but I refuse to read something that long unless it's school or fiction related. Hmmm... fiction. *pulls out Amish romance novel* :read:
Which explains why you still hold an outdated conspiracy theory even though it has been disproven dozens of times and is no longer believed by even Barack Obama...

Post by 31899 »

I do not think people realize when they make fun of Canada they are really making fun of the U.K.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

31899 wrote:I do not think people realize when they make fun of Canada they are really making fun of the U.K.

Um, okay? I'm not sure how that would work.

That was a joke, Gandalf; I'm just to lazy to read all of that right now. I do actually read news articles and watch the news regularly. And by the way, my 9/11 theory has been 'proven' plenty of times too. There's a whole lot of 'proof' for both sides, but currently thats where my opinion stands.

Post by 31899 »

Canada is still owned by the United Kingdom.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

31899 wrote:Canada is still owned by the United Kingdom.

We aren't owned by the UK! If we were, we'd be part of the UK. We just happen to share a monarch, since we became separate on friendlier terms than the US did.
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Maximum Ride - I do apologize for the snarkiness of my last comment. My sarcasm was completely inappropriate. Will you forgive me?

I am merely concerned when Christians take the lead of the Michael Moores and Rosie O'Donalds of the world (these are the only people I know of who still publicly say 9/11 was an 'inside job'). I realize that our government is made up of regular human beings, some of whom are evil to the core. I'm just concerned that we are too often quick to see evil where it really isn't and thus not see evil where it really is. President Bush, with his many flaws, is the most Christian (probably the only real Christian) president we've had in 50+ years. I think it's a serious thing to accuse another Christian of being responsible for the murder of thousands of individuals simply for oil, especially when the 'proof' is sketchy and the face of such accusations are anti-Christian weirdos like Moore and O'Donald.

31899 - Right on! Only just because they are owned by the UK doesn't mean one is making fun of the UK by making fun of Canada. What I mean is similar to the idea that one can make fun of Arkansas, California, Texas, or Massachusetts (all owned by the US) without really making fun of the US. ;)

Post by 31899 »

Maximum Ride wrote:

We aren't owned by the UK! If we were, we'd be part of the UK. We just happen to share a monarch, since we became separate on friendlier terms than the US did.
No, incorrect. We are still part of the U.K. Why would we have a governor general, or have every law have to do with the queen.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

31899 wrote:
Maximum Ride wrote:

No, incorrect. We are still part of the U.K. Why would we have a governor general, or have every law have to do with the queen.

Unless we are officially listed as part of the UK, we are not part of the UK.

I forgive you! I don't think that everyone in government is totally twisted, but sometimes different people in the government (as well as powerful corperations in some cases) do less than desirable things with their power.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I was amused at the excellent response to Amethystic's small print. Remember that she is the Queen of the Randoms, this is Hillingdale Haven (which has little to do with this), it was small print, and it's Amethystic's ranting anyway!

Besides, Amethystic's rant was lacking serious substance anyway.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Ah, Gandalf, you have more experience than I do, and know more than I do. I must bow to your superior debating skills, especially since I'm not that good at it.

And yes, I'm sorry, I generally use sarcasm regularly. When I said the whole robot bit, that was from something someone told me, to think for myself. And, I shouldn't asume that people know less than I do. Arrogence, I need to work on that.

Anyway, I would say that you are right, for now anyway until I can figure out whatever the heck I'm gonna say next. :P

Anyway, I'm sorry, that's the jist of it.

Btw, it's funny how a debate topic ends up in HH, and a member I haven't seen post in forever is here posting. Just wanted to point that out.

And KODY, I would think about such conspiracy, but I don't know if I would believe it. I'm sure that the government has conspiracy, but I don't know if this is one of them. Whatever.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I was discussing Amethystic's rant mostly. But the conspiracy about data mining is absolutely true. I know people in military IT fields...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Pseudonym wrote:And that is why I hate free translating sites. ;)

Ton francais est tres bon, Gandalf. :yes:

Je sais que mes grands-parents ont treate ma mere mal parce qu'elle etait americaine. Depuis la Guerre de Sept Ans, les quebecois, ils detestent tous les anglais, je pense. Mais je pense aussie que la nouvelle generation est plus aimable.

Regarding making fun of France, it's mainly because of Paris falling to German forces in WWII, I think. Of course, they were a crucial ally to the US in WWI, but nobody cares about that. ;)
Merci pour le compliment. Et aussi pour la clarification. Je dois practicer mon francais plus... peut-etre j'ai besoin de visiter Quebec...

@ Bruce Wayne - No worries. But this is a serious issue that affects both politics and theology (the whole Palestinian/Israeli problem is simply a continuation of the problems they've always had). I'm no more informed than you can be.

Post by 31899 »

Maximum Ride wrote:
31899 wrote:
Maximum Ride wrote:

Unless we are officially listed as part of the UK, we are not part of the UK.

I forgive you! I don't think that everyone in government is totally twisted, but sometimes different people in the government (as well as powerful corperations in some cases) do less than desirable things with their power.
Wrong, we are still a British colony, she let us have a flag and our own charter of human rights so we would stop harassing her. (her being the queen)

Gandalf wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:And that is why I hate free translating sites. ;)

Ton francais est tres bon, Gandalf. :yes:

Je sais que mes grands-parents ont treate ma mere mal parce qu'elle etait americaine. Depuis la Guerre de Sept Ans, les quebecois, ils detestent tous les anglais, je pense. Mais je pense aussie que la nouvelle generation est plus aimable.

Regarding making fun of France, it's mainly because of Paris falling to German forces in WWII, I think. Of course, they were a crucial ally to the US in WWI, but nobody cares about that. ;)
Merci pour le compliment. Et aussi pour la clarification. Je dois practicer mon francais plus... peut-etre j'ai besoin de visiter Quebec...

@ Bruce Wayne - No worries. But this is a serious issue that affects both politics and theology (the whole Palestinian/Israeli problem is simply a continuation of the problems they've always had). I'm no more informed than you can be.
In revelations it says that they're will always be fighting over the land of Israel.

Edit - please use the edit button instead of double-posting. - Catspaw
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I watched a 9/11 conspiracy movie once; I regret that I did. ;)

It was a complete waste of time, save for some bits of humour I derived from it. O:)

For example:

Proof #1 that the US staged their own attack on the towers or whatever:

At the time of the attack, the President was in some elementary school. When the Secret Service told him that the Centre had been attacked, he waited (get this) A WHOLE SEVEN MINUTES BEFORE GETTING UP AND CALMLY TELLING THE CHILDREN THANKS THEN LEAVING!!!1111!!!!! WHY DIDN'T HE JUMP UP AND YELL AND SCREAM AND CRY AND GIVE THE CHILDREN NERVOUS BREAKDOWNS?!?!?!?!

He obviously staged it. :noway:
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Pseudonym wrote:I watched a 9/11 conspiracy movie once; I regret that I did. ;)

It was a complete waste of time, save for some bits of humour I derived from it. O:)

For example:

Proof #1 that the US staged their own attack on the towers or whatever:

At the time of the attack, the President was in some elementary school. When the Secret Service told him that the Centre had been attacked, he waited (get this) A WHOLE SEVEN MINUTES BEFORE GETTING UP AND CALMLY TELLING THE CHILDREN THANKS THEN LEAVING!!!1111!!!!! WHY DIDN'T HE JUMP UP AND YELL AND SCREAM AND CRY AND GIVE THE CHILDREN NERVOUS BREAKDOWNS?!?!?!?!

He obviously staged it. :noway:
*gasp* The nerve of that man to not want to traumatize those children! No wonder we kicked him out of the office in January! :noway:

I don't believe all that 9-11-the-goverment-did-it stuff. As long as people don't get annoying about it, I'm all right though.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Woah, what's with the semi-serious debate in HH?

To address something that was posted about on the first page:

People who are annoyed that people from the US are Americans: Get a country name that actually has the word America in it, and then we'll talk. Besides, there aren't exactly a lot of other things you could call us. United Statians? :-k

</endrant>

9/11 conspiracy films are funny. I don't really think that all the theories are true, but they're interesting to speculate on. ;)
...I hate marquees.