Worst Odyssey Episode Ever

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Chandler wrote:Nate.... you might want to lay off on the emoticons. :anxious:
haha, i don't know why, but that really made me laugh!!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

NatetheGreat wrote:I just listened to the Coolest Dog and I agree, #-o :noway: ](*,) =; :sick: :( :shock: :x :cry: :!: :doubt: :dumb: :insane: :protest: :pysche: :cpu: :explode: :devil: :sad3: X_X :mad2: :mad4: :argue: :bang: :duh: :xx: :dodgy: :chick: :hmph:
The Coolest Dog might not be a GREAT episode, but I don't mind listening to it every once in awhile.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I didn't like anything to do with Novacom. It didn't live up to the AIO's standard of lessons real peple could aply to they're own life. I personaly wish that AIO would stick to real-life-situations. It would be alot easer for little kids to get a life lesson from a real-life-situation then from some-kid-gets-taken-over-by-his-computer-on-the-twylife-zone kinda plot. I also don't like any show with Regis Blackard. He keeps popping back up like AIO is a soap opra, which it's not. Bottom line (for me): Real-life-situations make for real-good-shows.

Just my two cents.

-=NTG=-
You don't like Regis Blackarrd??? I love those episodes, they are some of the best!! As far as Novacom goes, some of them are ok, but a little extreme in somoe ways. But i much prefer Regis. I'm depressed that he died. Maybe it'll end up being his triplet brother that died, and then we'll get blackard back. Hmm... :-k
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
toby_newsboys_pod2
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by toby_newsboys_pod2 »

darkness before dawn and novacom where amazing!

some of the orginal eps are bad but the are also the basis of this amazing sereies so they are still good. but some of the eps that come after novacom are garbage!

That could be considered a swear word so I am going edit it down a bit. I hope this doesn't upset you. Please keep in mind there are a bunch of younger readers. I just want to be on the safe side. JF [/i]
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

toby_newsboys_pod2 wrote:
but some of the eps that come after novacom are garbage!

the episode after novacom are not garbage

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Jeffro
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Jeffro »

Bethanys Flood. Don't ask me why, but the idea of sewers makes me sick.
Immortal Coil
Not as new

Post by Immortal Coil »

Idol Minds.
Please gag me with a stick.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

A matter of manners. I don't know why, but I never really liked it. I do like the seven deadly dwarves though.
...I hate marquees.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

while definately not one of the worst, Mandy's Debout is pretty lame. The plays seemed like episodes written by a non-AIO writer (a fan or someting) who was trying to write an AIO episode, but it just wasn't funny enough or good enough to actually be one, so they decided to have the actors play character that were pretending to be themselves (kinda like Idle Minds or It's A Wrap, actually, except not as bad).
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I didn't like Nothing to fear. It was lame. Also I didn't really like No Way Out/No Way Out. ](*,) :noway: :protest: :hammer: :x :evil:
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Eugenefan23 wrote:I didn't like Nothing to fear. It was lame. Also I didn't really like No Way Out/No Way Out. ](*,) :noway: :protest: :hammer: :x :evil:

no way out\no way in
was a great episode
its not the worst

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Why doesn't anybody like FairyTale-e-vision? And if slumber party is the one with cooking pizza on a lightbulb, I like that one.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Marvin11 wrote:
Eugenefan23 wrote:I didn't like Nothing to fear. It was lame. Also I didn't really like No Way Out/No Way Out. ](*,) :noway: :protest: :hammer: :x :evil:

no way out\no way in
was a great episode
its not the worst
No Way Out/No Way In is a very good episode.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

DanP740 wrote:Why doesn't anybody like FairyTale-e-vision? And if slumber party is the one with cooking pizza on a lightbulb, I like that one.
i love slumber party and fairytale-e-vision

Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

I really don't like the Twiglight Zone episodes :noway:
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

My least favorites are any of the odysseys playing satires on The wizard of Oz... Also, I really don't like No Way In, No Way out either. Oh yeah, The worst day ever is so annoying, it's bad.
I do what I do.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I thought that all of the Bethany episodes were pretty bad. "Snow Day" wasn't to great, and "Broken-Armed and Dangerous" belongs in the Hall of Shame.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

"Idol Minds" is the worst Odyssey episode ever, imho. Go listen to it, and hear how Whit is portrayed as an old man who yells scriptures at kids. Very low point for the show.

By the way, I've noticed it's easy as a longtime fan to fall into the Slough of Nostalgia... i.e. because I listened to certain older episodes at age 10, those are somehow better. It's not true.

Production quality and writing on AIO have continued to be just as good, if not often better than the early years. If you haven't heard many recent episodes, then Lost & Found is a good place to start (since the Eugene/Leonard, Grady and other stories begin there). I for one am impressed with how they weave all these story threads into great drama and relevant lessons.
NateTheGreat wrote:It would be alot easer for little kids to get a life lesson from a real-life-situation then from some-kid-gets-taken-over-by-his-computer-on-the-twylife-zone kinda plot.
You may want to check out a radio show called Down Gilead Lane, which some AIO writers have been involved in. It's all slice-of-life stories, all-the-time (except that one time, when they pulled that season; but in general, this is very tame family drama).

A great strength of Adventures in Odyssey (and perhaps a key reason for its longevity) is that the writers can literally tell Any Story Imaginable on the show, thanks to the variety that's been established.

Romantic comedy? Check. Spy drama? Check. Sports story at Odyssey Middle School? Check. Road trip adventure? Check. Bible or historical story? Check. Talking toasters? Check and double check.

The best is yet to come,
-king shasta
Last edited by shasta on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I'll agree with Laurie again, The Great Wishy Woz was/is terrible. I have yet to be able to pay attention through the whole thing. It's just boring and lame and everything inbetween. The funny thing is, The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time (well sometimes Vertigo is depending on my mood). Also, I'm not a big Mandy fan, her voice irritates me a little (no offense to the actress, I'm sure she's a very nice person).
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

shasta wrote:Production quality and writing on AIO have continued to be just as good, if not often better than the early years. If you haven't heard many recent episodes, then Lost & Found is a good place to start (since the Eugene/Leonard, Grady and other stories begin there). I for one am impressed with how they weave all these story threads into great drama and relevant lessons.
In my opinion, the first couple albums after the Novacom arc weren't as good, with some notable exceptions. (The Pact I & II was awesome!) However, from album 45 (Lost and Found) and on, I've found that the overall quality of the episodes has increased, and I've greatly enjoyed the storyarcs involving Eugene/Leonard, Grady, Mandy, etc.