Who's Who on the ToO - Week 2

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Who's Who on the ToO - Week 2

Post by Iron and Light »

Hello everyone, and welcome to week 2 of Who's Who on the ToO. Before I introduce to y'all the next Who's Who featured ToO individual, I would like to apologize for the brief delay in between the first and second additions. Real life caught up with me and kept me away from the computer, as it were ;). So, to cut to the chase.....:
Who's Who on the ToO - Week 2 wrote:Who's Who on the ToO - Week 2 - uz:

I'm quite certain that pretty much all of you older members know who I'm talking about, but for all of you newer members who have the misfortune of not knowing uz, here is his profile. Now that everyone knows who uz is, here's a little bit about his time on the ToO:

uz joined late in December of the year 2005. uz can be detected (yes everyone, detected- never seen as he lurks the board stealth-style) by his lengthy, well written, and well thought-out posts in the few hard-core RPG's decorating Gowers. At times he is even noticed in some of the newer RPG's chastising newer users over their RP'ing mishaps as the official Gower's moderator for term XII. When asked to describe himself in his own words, uz said:
uz wrote:As far as physical features goes: I'm asian, and I love to parkour. Uhh I am still in highschool. I love music, and mostly express that in the form of guitar and singing. I'm looking to major in music performance and perhaps incorporate it on the mission field some day. I'm also an avid role player, and has a rather "high" expectation of how games run, based on the time when good ol' EB still roam these here parts I guess. (Though truth be told, based on some of the other pure rping forums that I visit sometimes, it is not that high.) :P I became a Christian a long ways back, it was during a conference that I first became "saved," but I haven't truly started giving my life to God and seeking his will until last year.
One of his favorite things to do is to play his guitar, while the thing he hates the most is doing 'anything boring.' He noted that he hates jobs like that.

When I asked uz what brought him to the ToO, he said in perfect uz language:
uz wrote:Sonuna's like *link*
I was like *cool and registers*
Then Sonuna's like Bumtz unlock him plox
Then I was like sweet I'm in.
Translated, it reads something like the following:
uz language translated according to Who's Who on the ToO's interpreters for the less enlightened among us wrote:Sonuna linked me to the ToO, I thought it was really cool so I registered. Sonuna asked Bumtz to unlock my account. Once I was unlocked and able to post, I was like, "Sweet, I'm in."
Disclaimer: Who's Who on the ToO, it's authors and persons therein are not allowed, in any way whatsoever, to be sued for errors in translating the languages of any of it's featured members. However, we will try our hardest to translate every individual language to the best of our abilities. Thank you for understanding. \:D/

uz describes his first impressions of the ToO as:
uz wrote:Cool, chaotic, and shiny gower's field.
When asked about his favorite people on the ToO, he mentioned Sarai, Melf, Sonuna, Aram, ek, xiao, and EB. He then said:
uz wrote:.... basically peeps who've been with me for a long time (I'm sure I missed some people, don't kill me plz. *anxious*)
Concerning Adventures In Odyssey, uz said his favorite character would have to be Jason. He didn't elaborate on the subject.

And now, the two questions that are included in every Who's Who article and uz's answers:
uz wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:What makes the ToO so awesome?
The flair of so many people and what they bring to the board... it's sometimes cool to be one of Too's silent watchers cuz you see how it changes overtime... :P
uz wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:If you would change one thing about the ToO to improve it, what would it be?
GF probably... improved rp skills are much needed. But I hardly have time to devote on such things cuz this year's schedule's packed. -_-

On the other hand, we are working on a Newboe v.2. Release date is TBA so be on the look out. ;)
To sum everything up, uz's a lurker of the ToO who loves to RP and hates it when people ruin role-playing game's good names. Sometimes people may view him as uptight in his strict holding to RP rules, but he's pretty much always justified, so everyone should just learn proper RP'ing rules so as to escape his fury (and help make Gower's a better place in the process ;)). In any event, his awesome personality makes up for any 'flaws' he may be perceived to have online.

And now, to end on a quote for uz himself.. As he put it:
uz wrote:I use :o a lot. :o
Last edited by Iron and Light on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Cool. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Nice to see! I've seen Uz around but am glad to know some more about him.

"Uz the Lurker" ;)
I do what I do.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

\:D/
yeah, good ol' EB. :(
*nostalgia*
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for sharing with us, uz! :D It's neat to read more about people who have been around for a while (apparently since term 2 of the ToO!) and yet I don't know them very well.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Catspaw wrote:Thanks for sharing with us, uz! :D It's neat to read more about people who have been around for a while (apparently since term 2 of the ToO!) and yet I don't know them very well.
really... hmm never realized I was here since term 2.

Anyhow nice Lena... /me demands more :x
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

uz wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Thanks for sharing with us, uz! :D It's neat to read more about people who have been around for a while (apparently since term 2 of the ToO!) and yet I don't know them very well.

Well, if Bmuntz had power to activate your account, then you've been around since term 2! Does that make you feel really old? ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Ah! Now I know about uz! I have never met him or found out anything about him before.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Catspaw wrote:
uz wrote:

Well, if Bmuntz had power to activate your account, then you've been around since term 2! Does that make you feel really old? ;)
Slightly... but if you take the TH members into consideration, I'm just but a hatchling. ;)
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I enjoyed getting to know a lot more about you, UZ! :D
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I echo similar sentiments as those posted by the user above me. :p

Great getting to know you a bit better! \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

so ultimately your existence is nothing but a massive social experiment, the Ultima Zero Simulation
you are really the tomato in the mirror and are destined to aid me in bringing about my total control of all information in the world

also huzzah for uz spotlight.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

That was pretty awesome. \:D/

I feel so much more enlightened now. However, since my question went unanswered last time, does anyone mind if I reat it?

(That wasn't my question.) How do you chose who to Who?
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Haha. I had a lot of fun reading that. \:D/

It made me "miss the good ol' days." :mope:
don't forget the rain.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Another great interview! \:D/
Made me feel the same way, Stubborn. :(
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Good interview! Embarrassingly, I have yet to recognize/get to know people who have been around for some time. The interviews help with this. ;)
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Smaug the dragon wrote:...How do you chose who to Who?
It's pretty simple, really. Basically, all of us admins choose someone to do. We then PM the person and ask them if they'd be willing to participate and ask them some questions. We always try to pick different types of people each time- for instance, a newb one week, and oldbie the next, a girl one week, a guy the next, etc... just to keep things fair :). Although that doesn't mean that we won't ever do, say, guys for two weeks in a row just to keep everyone guessing \:D/.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:\:D/
yeah, good ol' EB. :(
*nostalgia*

*nods* mmhmm.

I hadn't mentioned before....so I will now- but, this idea is awesome. I like the whole' Who's who" thing. Plus, it rhymes. ^_^
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I have seen uz around but never had a chance to talk to him.
(He's posted in my rpg, chiding people and giving advice ;))
So I'm glad to know more about him.
that was great, Iron & Light \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Very nice interview! I also did not really know uz, so it's nice to get to know him just a bit! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.