25 Things about You

The Facebook Phenom

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Dude, I LOVE those! :D They're so fun to do, and reading other people's lists can usually get me laughing really hard. :lol: I've done my own as well.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I got tagged, but I thought it was fun! It's a fun way to get to know each other.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:I thought that was already established, Catspaw. :-k

Great list, Jugglah! I laughed all the way through it! :rofl:
You've changed, Chandler...I'm loving the kinder, gentler you! \:D/

It looks like there are a lot of people who are more creative than me. :D That's great.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

KODY 105 wrote:
Jugglah wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:Try explaining this to King Butter Turtle:
Jugglah wrote:14. I had a twin for 3 years. One night there was only enough ice cream for one.
Hm... ;)

Did you make all those up?

:hilarious:
I think it's fair to say that not one of those is true, so you can assume correctly that they are made up.
Well, I meant you as opposed to copying them from other sources such as other frustrated peoples' lists or trivia bits or something.
No, they're not mine. I stole them from a random ninja who was passing by on roller blades. He put up a fight, but I used my astounding logic to convince him to let me use them, since no one would believe a ninja could do all that stuff anyway. Oh, yeah, and next week I'm going to sell the rights on eBay for millions of dollars. (Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an emoticon that meant "tongue in cheek"?)
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I'm not even sure what the phrase tongue-in-cheek means. :-k
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Amethystic wrote:I'm not even sure what the phrase tongue-in-cheek means. :-k
Only 24 more now! ;)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

KODY 105 wrote:
Amethystic wrote:I'm not even sure what the phrase tongue-in-cheek means. :-k
Only 24 more now! ;)
Ha-ha, no. My list was:

1. I will eat almost anything with peanut butter.
2. I am obsessed with Adventures In Odyssey
3. I have a bunch of friends that I met on the internet, all with nicknames like Jelly and BBB
4. Instead of using 'lol' on IM, I often use 'loi'
5. I want to write novels for young adults
6. I am a speed reader
7. I have been reading novels since I was 6
8. I enjoy wearing sweaters
9. My favorite sweater is my black hoodie
10. My brother was born on my 6th birthday
11. I will say almost anything on my mind
12. My sister has forbidden me from commenting on her clothes because I never like them
13. My record for books checked out of the library is about 12, all of them read within a couple weeks
14. I have this annoying vendetta of sorts with the 9th grade boys at my school, and it really annoys me. :(
15. When I'm bored I listen to radio talk shows while playing Tetris.
16. I don't like popular series like Harry Potter or Twilight. Don't harm me.
17. I do, however, love sci-fi books like Uglies, Airborn, Unwind, Among the Hidden, and The Giver. There's probably more I can't think of too.
18. I fail to see the fun in dating. It just seems a little pointless and unecessary at this time in my life.
19. I don't like super loud music; I'm more of a soft rock and pop type girl.
20. My favorite types of peanut butter are smooth and Blue Menu chrunchy.
21. I love Weird Al Yankovic's music.
22. My sisters and I bond by dancing to music in front of the computer. :P
23. My favorite color is royal purple (the purple that when you invert it the color is slime green)
24. I have a scar through my right eyebrow from when my mom dropped a phone on my head when I was little.
25. I broke my ankle in October of '07 when I fell from a homemade zipline. That wasn't my brightest course of action.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

First of all, Jugglah, your list was hilarious!!! I laughed the whole way through! My favorite had to be "I can fold windmills into working dollar bills." :hilarious: But, I must confess, I didn't get the whole thing untill 7. :oops: Good thing I didn't get to 14/15. ;)
Jugglah wrote:No, they're not mine. I stole them from a random ninja who was passing by on roller blades. He put up a fight, but I used my astounding logic to convince him to let me use them, since no one would believe a ninja could do all that stuff anyway. Oh, yeah, and next week I'm going to sell the rights on eBay for millions of dollars. (Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an emoticon that meant "tongue in cheek"?)
:lol: What is with you today? Did you just step out of the padded room?

Anyway, back on topic, I refuse to use Facebook as it is of the devil. :-
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Anyway, back on topic, I refuse to use Facebook as it is of the devil. :-
Please explain your reasoning and include an example or two.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Two reasons: Data-mining and stalkers.

You should have seen my parents' reaction when they found out I had a Facebook account. :- Now I have to basically go lock-down or get rid of the account (so if anyone has me mysteriously disappear from my contact list, my parents think you're a stalker). ;)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

King Butter Turtle wrote:First of all, Jugglah, your list was hilarious!!! I laughed the whole way through! My favorite had to be "I can fold windmills into working dollar bills." :hilarious: But, I must confess, I didn't get the whole thing untill 7. :oops: Good thing I didn't get to 14/15. ;)
Jugglah wrote:No, they're not mine. I stole them from a random ninja who was passing by on roller blades. He put up a fight, but I used my astounding logic to convince him to let me use them, since no one would believe a ninja could do all that stuff anyway. Oh, yeah, and next week I'm going to sell the rights on eBay for millions of dollars. (Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an emoticon that meant "tongue in cheek"?)
:lol: What is with you today? Did you just step out of the padded room?

Anyway, back on topic, I refuse to use Facebook as it is of the devil. :-
Hmm, I'm eccentric, but not that eccentric. Oh, and I totally did not mean to threaten you. :D

Well, you know, actually they hardly ever let me out...truthfully, I think I've only posted in the Padded Room once. And I love Facebook! :x *slams the Padded Room door on the way back in*
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Jugglah wrote:Oh, and I totally did not mean to threaten you. :D
:bolt: *hides from ice cream scoops*
*calls Dr. Phil*
Jugglah wrote:*slams the Padded Room door on the way back in*
(in frusterated/angry Jared DeWight type voice) Too bad nobody could hear you because IT'S A PADDED DOOR!!! :neener:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Jugglah wrote:Oh, and I totally did not mean to threaten you. :D
:bolt: *hides from ice cream scoops*
*calls Dr. Phil*
Jugglah wrote:*slams the Padded Room door on the way back in*
(in frusterated/angry Jared DeWight type voice) Too bad nobody could hear you because IT'S A PADDED DOOR!!! :neener:
Curses, foiled again!

Psh. Dr. Phil can't even help himself. I don't think you have anything to worry about, since ice cream scoops really can't be used as murder weapons. They're just so round and un-pointy.

I think these last few posts deserve a big, fat :offtopic:
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

I did finally succumb, only when my mother tagged me in it. Here's mine for good measure.
Lindsey's Facebook wrote:1. I am currently sharing my bowl of cheerios with Molly, and going through my Saturday morning routine --- getting ready for work.

2. One of my photographs has been featured recently in the Design Museum in London, England.

3. I love Wes Anderson films, indie music, and classic literature, however, my taste in movies and music is very diverse and I enjoy anything from old classics to recent hits in both. My favorite song this week is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, and my current favorite movie is "The Royal Tennenbaums."

4. Chemistry makes my head spin, and can sometimes throw me into the depths of misery.

5. At any given time, I always have at least four lists open or minimized on my computer, and 6-7 hand written laying around my desk, in my bag, or on the counter/bulletin board at work. I'm thankful for family, and coworkers who are sweet enough to put up with it.

6. I love to create meals, but I don't view it as "cooking" - because when I create a meal I put the dishes together, I take the time to choose dishes that compliment each other. I have a bad habit of spending too much time making a meal "pretty" where it ends up being more of an artistic expression than a meal and I don't want it eaten. I also love to make decadent, sinful, beautiful desserts --- but most of all I love to see my creations appreciated by the people I care about.

7. I cannot stand to listen to people eat or whistle, it grates at my nerves and makes me want to throw something.

8. I have been pursuing artistic media since I was five years old, and it has been my most ardent passion for as long as I can remember. Regardless of the venue (Sketching, Painting, Photography, Culinary, Sculpting, Music, Writing...) that had my attention and interest at any given time, I don't recall a time in my life that I wasn't pursuing a creative field.

9. I am beyond excited for the next year, and the rest of my life. I am enjoying learning how to build good finances, make good investments, and hard decisions about where to put my priorities and which of my goals are most important.

10. I am fairly certain this fall I will either be pursuing a Batchleor's degree in Photography from the Art Institute of Washington, or Corcoran College of Art + Design. I am currently applying for scholarships and looking into my eligibility for a few federal grants, because I have made the decision not to fund my college with student loans, and am trusting that if that is where I'm supposed to be that God will open the right doors and opportunities. (Not that I'm being apathetic, just holding to my no-debt conviction.)

11. For quite some time I have had the dream of someday owning a bookstore/creativity center. Somewhere that people from any walk of life could come and feel loved, and accepted - regardless, without judgement. Because I feel like that's how Christ intended it to be, it is His place, and His place only to judge. It will be a bookstore filled with only good, quality, meaty books, a venue for local artists to exhibit their work and bands to share their music. I envision it as a positive, relaxed environment completely geared towards providing means for people to find their passions and helping them to develop and grow them. I want to do this by hosting free lectures, and resources for people to grow their passions -- book clubs, study groups, etc.

12. So...my Mom. What can I say? She is such an inspiration for me, and has done so much for me beyond the role of most Mothers. She's one of my best friends, my confidant, and one of the few people in the world I can always trust. I'm so thankful to have someone so supportive, who I know will love me unconditionally. We can talk about anything from the deep, important stuff...to how many burritos we're going to order when we go to Taco Bell at 3 AM. We joke that we share one brain, she's the left half (analytical, logical) - and I'm the right (creative, free spirited), because sometimes it seems impossible that two people could be so much alike, and yet so different as her and I!

13. My Dad, Grandma, and PaPa are three of my closest friends. I know that regardless of what happens in my life, they will always love and support me. Plus, they're honestly some of the coolest people you'll ever meet. My Grandma and I have been "tight" for as long as I can remember, and we share so many memories. I know that when I'm stressed, or upset, she will always have wisdom, sarcasm, love, and encouragement. We just, enjoy being together and I miss her very much. My PaPa is a huge protective teddy bear, he has an endless supply of wise, and slightly odd anecdotes that always seem like they should make sense, but usually don't. My Dad is fantastic, even though he entered my life at a later point than most, I definitely consider him my "Daddy" and I know that even though he gets on my nerves, he would kill someone who ever threatened to hurt me. He's zealously protective, trustworthy, and I'm so very thankful to have him as a friend.

14. You didn't really think you'd get away without hearing about Nathan, did you? Man, where do I start? He's so supportive, and encouraging, and I cherish our friendship and relationship more than I could describe. We've known each other so long, and he has listened to me vent, and supported me, and cared for me through so much - he never ceases to amaze me. I admire him, and adore him, and have honestly met very few other guys his age that have the wisdom, integrity, and honesty that he does --- with the ability to say "Yeah, I was wrong." I'm enjoying so much this path that God has opened up for us, and take great joy in continuing to grow closer to the person that has been so special to me for so long. I cannot wait to spend this summer with him and watch God continuing to work through him, to inspire me to grow spiritually. He gets excited with me, and is understanding when I'm sad, we read together, and I am so thankful just to have him to enjoy. It baffles me why anyone could not just be joyful when he's around. (Then again, I'm sort of biased. ;) )

15. I didn't want to put obvious things on here -- like that I'm the oldest of six. That said, I have another sister that I love very dearly. We don't share the same parents, or clothes, or even likes and dislikes sometimes, but Grace has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. We've survived through so many ill-planned escapades, and tormented so many people along the way - and enjoyed it thoroughly. From low-riding in the ghettos of Leesburg, to exploding a cake in the oven, to owning a business together. We've spent so many hours laughing hysterically, and probably an equal amount of time listening to each other when life didn't go so swimmingly. I've found out very recently that I'm more protective of her than even I knew, and I can't imagine any circumstances that would keep me from loving her, and wanting her as a part of my life --- even if it's from a distance. I envision our kids playing together someday, and becoming friends, and hearing about all of our crazy "Lucy and Ethel" moments. (Guess who was Lucy?...*innocent smile*)

16. I hope to someday have an English Bulldog named Ziggy.

17. Starting back in 2006 I started having dreams about a little girl named Isabel - the dreams started out with her being one or two years old, and at first the dreams were every night, for weeks on end. They petered out after a while, and I began to discover through the course of these dreams, that Isabel was my daughter. I continue to have consecutive dreams about Isabel to this day - not as often, but each time she gets "older" and the "story" progresses. Who's to say whether it means something significant or not, but regardless - someday I do intend to name my daughter Isabel.

18. I have a document, with tabbed spreadsheets of every room in my future home. As I think of things I will need (big things, like appliances and furniture...to small things like surge protectors and lightbulbs) I write them down, and watch for sales, and am just...stocking things up. I'm currently working through my kitchen list, mostly because where I work there is good opportunity to get high-end, good-quality cookware, for great prices.

19. I love to travel, I always have, but over the past year or so - I have begun to feel more and more settled being...at home, or wherever I am. More content. I enjoy being at home, whether that means chilling alone in my basement apartment, or watching movies with Mom and Dad, or making sweet treats with the kids. As ardently as I refuted having any "girly" or "domestic" qualities for so long, I find the idea of staying here in Leesburg very appealing. I love Leesburg, and I find myself more and more drawn to growing into the best wife and mother I can be, for my future husband and children. I still very much want to pursue my career goals - but I definitely feel more of a pull at my heart to be "domestic" than I ever have before.

20. I have been swing dancing since 2005, and I absolutely LOVE it. I am scheduling private swing and latin dance lessons for Nathan and I during the summer while he is here, with a "grand finale" of the summer being a trip to Arkansas to go to Bop on the Lake. I can't wait to dance with him - and finally have a partner, and my goal is to continue to maintain a healthier lifestyle, and work out - where I can be in the best shape possible for the dance convention in September.

21. I am really craving popcorn right now, and running out of things to say - I probably could've broken up some of these into more than one point, but I don't really want to now. I would like to say, however, that they aren't in any particular order. I started this out this morning -- a little slow thinking of things, and then came home from work after all day mulling over what I wanted to say, and that's where I get to the more important things out of my 25.

22. I eventually would like to see at least a little part of every continent, but the first place that I really really want to go is Argentina. I'm not sure why, but somewhere along the way - between books, and movies, Recoleta, and Buenos Aries captured my imagination.

23. At some point in my life, I aspire to hike Macchu Piccu in Peru, with my camera, and good companionship.

24. I am very much a people person, I love all kinds of people, of all different beliefs and religions. My friends' religious, spiritual, and political views vary from the utmost conservatives, to the hardcore liberals. This isn't because I am not set in my own beliefs, or don't know what I believe. It is because I feel that everyone in life has something to offer me, something that I can learn. If God brings someone into my life, I want to love them, and be there for them. This is something I have felt very convicted about for the past few years, and I've met some really wonderful, loyal, fun, and intelligent people because of it. (Lizzie, Tiffany, Iryna, Mary, Karen, David, Ginny, Lee, Brian, and the list goes on...a lot, please don't be hurt if I didn't mention you, my brain is shot from a long day at work!) Being around people really energizes me, and I love just, learning about other cultures, and beliefs, and offering a friendly, sympathetic ear when anyone is having a rough time.

25. I bought a very large, very heavy lime green pot today.
I decided to go a little bit more personal - less random chaos.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

1. I love love love the snow!
2. I would move to a colder climate if I could. =P
3. I currently [had] two very bruised up knees. XD
4. Myself (when asked something random about me, [my brother] replied "Yourself" =P)
5. My friends are all awesometastical!
6. My family members are all amazingness, too!
7. I've been the "owner" of countless cats.
8. I'm normally warm/very warm.
9. I went sledding in short sleeves today!
10. I like to hop. (Compliments of [a friend on IRC]! =D)
11. I'm a multi-tasker! =D
12. I like using smilies. XD
13. I grin frequently.
14. I have a special place in my heart for lengthy words! *nods emphatically*
15. Rumor has it that I'm often hyper. *grins*
16. I have no clue why this. =P
17. I shouldn't give into peer pressure. (courtesy of [another friend on IRC])
19. I don't know why watching the news... :-k
20. wearing a hat backwards. =D
21. I haven't gotten really sick for a long time! =D
22. I love walking down the driveway to get the mail! *grins bigly*
23. Yes, I make up my own words. =P
24. I still [hadn't] taken down the Christmas lights in my bedroom.
25. I had coffee [that day]! =D

There are my 25. \:D/