Vegetarians

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shadowfax

Vegetarians

Post by Shadowfax »

Any people here a vegetarian? \:D/
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Shadowfax wrote:Any people here a vegetarian? \:D/
*raises hand*

I am and have been for about five years now :).
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I'm not. My mom was for nine months when she was having my brother. But I've never tried it. I'm too much of a meat eater to try. O:)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Meat is the meat of life! How could one do without? :mad:

... Hm. Maybe I should think a bit more seriously about that nap... :-k
don't forget the rain.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I am not a vegetarian. What is the thinking behind not eating meat?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

KODY 105 wrote:I am not a vegetarian. What is the thinking behind not eating meat?
Staying healthy. It's a life choice, really. :yes:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Shadowfax wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:I am not a vegetarian. What is the thinking behind not eating meat?
One can stay healthy and still eat meat. Just fyi.

Also, K1, some people don't eat meat for religious reasons. :yes:
don't forget the rain.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

One can also be healthy on an omnivore diet. Statistics are slightly confusing if one only compares vegetarians to people on the SAD (Standard American Diet, which is quite unhealthful).

I was vegan for several years and vegetarian several as well. Now I eat meat, dairy, eggs and mostly healthful foods but also some that aren't without freaking out.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Shadowfax wrote:
Ditto.

Not to mention, meat absolutely disgusts me, and you don't need to eat meat to get protein- you get more protein from broccoli than meat ;).

I eat eggs and seafood- even cheese and other products containing dairy once in a while, so I'm definitely not a vegan. I was a vegan for quite a few years, however (three, I believe), yet my family and I noticed some problems with the diet. Once in a while, I stray from my 'only eat healthy foods without chemicals or dyes' rule and eat things such as candy as a treat, yet I always remain a vegetarian.
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

I'm not a vegetarian yet, but I don't eat much meat at all if I can help it - just because I don't generally like it. I do, however, love sushi - so I could never be completely vegetarian. Maybe pescetarian, though.

-Trill
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I'm not a vegetarian. Never could be. I love chicken! My favorite food. And I could never live without cheese... :noway: I'm not much of a red meat person. I don't like steak. But I like a good piece of ham or a nice juicy hamburger. :yum:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

No. I don't eat that much meat. Mostly chicken and salmon when I do. There are other uses for meat though... :slapfish:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I was a vegetarian for about 7 of my teen years. Just didn't feel the need to eat meat. I'm still not a big meat eater. Chicken, mostly. Beef occasionally. It was years after I stopped being a vegetarian before I had a hamburger from a fast food place. And the only seafood I ever have is canned tuna. Most other things make me ill.
Chandler wrote:There are other uses for meat though... :slapfish:
Heehee :lol:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

If it weren't for meat, I would die.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm considered vegetarian. I think people forget that Vegan and Vegetarian are NOT the same thing. I consider myself vegetarian, even though I eat CHicken every now and then, and sometimes beef (at the expense either I eat it or starve, as for living in my Uncle's household). But I try to stay away from all that. Meat just doesn't appetize me...
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

I am not a vegetarian but I probably could live to be. There is no meat I could really not live without. I am VERY picky when it comes to meat especially chicken. I won't eat chicken thats has dark spots and I won't eat meat that has fat on it. I prefer fruits, noodles and bread! I LOVE BREAD!!! I could live without meat but I don't think I really need to.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I am not a vegetarian, nor will I ever become one. I'm already allergic to wheat, so adding another thing to things to not eat would be too much of a pain!
I do what I do.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I avoid meat with the exception of fish Were it possible for me to do so, I would eat fish everyday!
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Chandler wrote:No. I don't eat that much meat. Mostly chicken and salmon when I do. There are other uses for meat though... :slapfish:
That is my personal belief as well. Perhaps we should start a school of thought based on this. :yes:
Do you believe in the couch?
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Let's see... today I've eaten a sweet potato, grapes, a nectarine, and a clementine, but I guess the slices of turkey on bread knocks me out of the club. I'm not big on meat, but I do enjoy it usually daily.