Disney drops "Voyage of the Dawn Treader"

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Thanks for sharing that, Catspaw! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This is great news - at the very least it gives hope to the future of the franchise. :D
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

The only problem is that Fox makes terrible films.
http://www.imdb.com/company/co0000756/
Pretty much every film on the list released in the last couple of years is an example of the most run-of-the-mill of its genre.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yes, but Fox won't be making this film - at least not exclusively. If Walden has as much control as they did while making the first two films, then Voyage of the Dawn Treader should turn out alright. Still... it's too early to predict either way.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Ferder wrote:The only problem is that Fox makes terrible films.
Pretty much every film on the list released in the last couple of years is an example of the most run-of-the-mill of its genre.
Walter the Farting Dog is coming out!!! \:D/ Thank you, Fox!!!!! \:D/

Ahem, anyway... while not every movie on that list is particularly wonderous there are some definite great films on there. :shrugs:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The Top Crusader wrote:
*sputters* What? *clicks link*
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I have no idea what that is (I think maybe a children's book originally?), but I clicked on the link and saw that and cracked up.

And they say Hollywood is out of ideas. :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

KODY 105 wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
*sputters* What? *clicks link*
It will probably do moderately well - you may have neglected to see who's in this epic classic. ;) The Jonas Brothers and their little brother will surely bring people within the movie's target audience into the theatre. Apparently there are multiple books that the film is inspired by! \:D/

But anyway, I'll try to save any pessimistic thoughts for closer to the movie's release. I'm glad that "Voyage" will be made, and hopefully it will meet or exceed the expectations of fans! \:D/ When it doesn't, we can complain then. ;)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

At first, I was like, "No! Really?" because I never really thought about Fox being that way, but then I looked at the list, and the last truly good epic movies they've distributed were "The Passion of the Christ" and "Master and Commander". So it's been about six years since they've had a good movie. Unless you count "Thr3e", which I don't, because while it was a good book, the movie was kind of dumb.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Six years since they've had a good movie?

Okay, they have complete dreck like Date Movie, but they have great, amazing films like Man on Fire, and Walk the Line... plus a dozen others I wrote here but decided it was pointless to list so I removed them. But I'd wager you haven't seem some excellent movies that are on that list or you wouldn't say they haven't had a good movie in six years...