New album cover artwork?

I was browsing Amazon today....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:It took me a moment to figure out which episode this scene depicted - until I saw the little tuft of hair above young John Avery's forehead. :hilarious:
Haha, good catch, Trent! I didn't even notice! :rofl:
I did not catch that either! I just remembered the episode with a young Whit and Jack in the cave.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I really liked the old cover art for this album, so this one doesn't come close to the original picture, IMO.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If a group of hardcore fans take a while to figure out which episode is being pictured (and I know it took me a minute) then it might not have been the best choice. :-k Like some others have mentioned, I really liked the old cover, and to me, this one doesn't have the same impact. It's fine as a picture, but not as an album cover for an album that has tons of great episodes that connect to bigger things, unlike the episode pictured.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Hmm, so this art...

...is better than this art?

Personally I prefer the new. One factor influencing the art changes could be looking at all the repacks at once...
http://aiowiki.com/wiki/Album_art_chang ... al_Repacks

They may be trying to create a balance between covers with adult characters (like #21, #24 and #25) and art featuring kid characters.

peace,
-king shasta
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I like the style of the artwork better in the repack - but the content is simply less intriguing.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Plus the original artwork seemed more creative and had more to do with the album as a whole, rather than one single episode...
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I agree with Trent and Glenn - the quality of the art isn't the problem with the new cover - if it was intended to represent just that one episode, and not be the cover for an entire album with some other really good and storyline oriented episodes, I would enjoy it. It just seems like an odd picture to choose for the album as a whole.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

and now for volume 31, this is the first one that I they've re-done that I think the original is better Image
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I agree. I really love the original artwork on Days to Remember. At least I like this one more than The Changing Times' album artwork.

I see Whit, Connie, and Eugene. Is that Marvin? Why is he there??? I'm confused...
I do what I do.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

They should have so picked a different episode to depict on the Changing Times cover. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I like the new "Days to Remember" cover! \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Thank you, Reddo! I like both of them this time. The first one had Mr. Barclay and Eugene falling into the river from "It's a Pokenberry Christmas 1 and 2," while the new artwork has Whit, Marvin, Connie, and Eugene celebrating many different things. They are celebrating: Whit-- Christmas, Marvin-- New Year's, Connie-- her graduation, and Eugene-- Thanksgiving. What a montage! Maybe this one is better... =D>
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Why did they put Marvin in it?This is waaaaaaaay before Marvin's time.I would have liked it if they put a picture of Jared instead.That'd be cool!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Peachey Keen wrote:Why did they put Marvin in it?This is waaaaaaaay before Marvin's time.
I thought so! I wasn't completely sure, though.

Perhaps it isn't Marvin!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

If it weren't for that kid, I'd like the new art. Whit in a Santa hat and Connie in her grad dress are good enough, but Eugene and his turkey are priceless. This new art is much more indicative of the album as a whole rather than a single episode, which is exactly the problem that Vol. 22 has.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

KODY 105 wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:Why did they put Marvin in it?This is waaaaaaaay before Marvin's time.
I thought so! I wasn't completely sure, though.

Perhaps it isn't Marvin!
It could be Charles Van Horn :-k
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Maybe it was Mike Folton's last New Year...*sniff*...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Perhaps it's Joey from Bernard's story in News Years Eve Live!?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Which would make it Cody Carper. Yeah, that could be. Could be Dwayne or Jared, too. We may never know! :-k
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I E-mailed FOTF about it and they said
FOTF wrote:In answer to your question, the name of the character you asked about is Marvin Washington. However, he does not appear in Days to Remember
Save Eugene in the character competition!