AIO in other languages

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

AIO in other languages

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I'm interested in the AIO in foreign languages that was mentioned in the 56th official podcast. Does anyone have any information on it? Who's producing them? Are they in the process of casting a whole new cast that speaks each of those languages? Will they be on the radio in other countries? Will they be available for purchase in album form?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Because this thread seems directly related to the AIO in other languages mentioned in the podcast, I have a few more queries.

Why did some of those Hindi words sound like the English words? Has the Indian culture absorbed some English, or do the words come from the original Indo-European roots?

Did that live-action "Whit's End" seem dark and spooky to any of you? The place looked like a nightmare... is that what a kid's hangout place really looks like in India? Perhaps I am just not informed on modern Indian culture.

Please note: I am not condemning Focus on the Family for their choice in production. I am just bewildered by the rather stark contrasts I observed in the clip on the podcast.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Well Focus would not have produced it or really had anything to do with it, I think. Most likely they just would have passed on the permission to a missionary or someone who knew the Indian culture well.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Ya, also the counter was more like a produce stand. I assume that's because they don't have soda fountains in india. What a sad place.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Ya, also the counter was more like a produce stand. I assume that's because they don't have soda fountains in india. What a sad place.
Oh, really? I must have missed that. I guess I was too busy focusing on the old non-Whit guy dressed in a purple plaid vest (?!?!) speaking in a pseudo-English language.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I'm guessing ice cream isn't as big of a thing over in India. Didn't Indian Whit sell those two kids chocolate?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Amethystic wrote:I'm guessing ice cream isn't as big of a thing over in India. Didn't Indian Whit sell those two kids chocolate?
Ya, and chocolate's a cognate! \:D/
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Um...how did all of you see the AIO live-action show from India?

<3<3<3
BBB
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

The video podcast episode on whitsend.org.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I know the video version came out in Chinese in Malaysia
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

BrokenButBeautiful wrote:Um...how did all of you see the AIO live-action show from India?
Here's the link: http://www.whitsend.org/fanfeature/A000001033.cfm
King Butter Turtle wrote:AIO in foreign languages that was mentioned in the 56th official podcast... Does anyone have any information on it?
What I do know is that the Spanish episode "Los Visitantes" is on Christmas Classics, but nothing beyond that about other AIO translations.

peace,
-king shasta
oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

Wow, I'd never seen or heard of this before. That's really neat though!! I'd love to listen to it in chinese...err.
Too bad it's not in Italian, cause that'd be the only version I could sort of understand!!