Fiddler on the Roof Fad

Who's with me?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Chava wrote:
Tevye wrote:Thanks! How long is this gonna last? :anxious:
Hey if you think it's dumb you don't have to do it. :noway:

BTW you should put something in your sig or title about 'TRADITION!'
Thanks! *goes to waste more money*

I was just asking because I don't want to be the last guy with the name "Tevye" that's all.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Tevye wrote:
Chava wrote:
Tevye wrote:Thanks! How long is this gonna last? :anxious:
Hey if you think it's dumb you don't have to do it. :noway:

BTW you should put something in your sig or title about 'TRADITION!'
Thanks! *goes to waste more money*

I was just asking because I don't want to be the last guy with the name "Tevye" that's all.
When I change my name I'll PM you, okay?
The good ol' ToO.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Ok no prob....

I put in tradition. I was gonna put in "Tradition or something like that" but I ran out of characters.... :anxious:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I'll be Hodel. I'd choose Chava because I played her a few years ago, but Hodel is even cooler - she gets more solos.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Hodel wrote:I'll be Hodel. I'd choose Chava because I played her a few years ago, but Hodel is even cooler - she gets more solos.
Yay there's another one! \:D/
BTW Where did you find your avatar? Mine is a really long story... :anxious:
The good ol' ToO.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Chava wrote:
Hodel wrote:I'll be Hodel. I'd choose Chava because I played her a few years ago, but Hodel is even cooler - she gets more solos.
Google Images. I like yours...it's fun! "Matchmaker, Matchmaker..." Whoops, now I've got that song stuck in my head.

On another topic, has anyone heard the Broadway revival soundtrack? The one with Alfred Molina as Tevye? This will sound sacreligious, but I think I like that one better than either the OBCR or the movie soundtrack.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Hodel wrote:
Chava wrote:
Google Images. I like yours...it's fun! "Matchmaker, Matchmaker..." Whoops, now I've got that song stuck in my head.

On another topic, has anyone heard the Broadway revival soundtrack? The one with Alfred Molina as Tevye? This will sound sacreligious, but I think I like that one better than either the OBCR or the movie soundtrack.
Ooh, I couldn't find anything for Chava on Google images...so I searched YouTube for the Matchmaker song and paused at the right moment and hit printscreen, copied it into Paint and saved it, then put it into Photobucket and made the avatar! \:D/
It was a lot of work. :p

I haven't heard it, I've only seen the movie...so I don't know which I would like better.
The good ol' ToO.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I spent the longest time that I have ever recorded trying to find an image of Chava on Google Images. That was the first time I ever failed in an image search online.

I didn't even try Fyedka.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Fyedka wrote:I spent the longest time that I have ever recorded trying to find an image of Chava on Google Images. That was the first time I ever failed in an image search online.

I didn't even try Fyedka.
Oh thanks for searching for me! But I found an image for you! :D I did the same YouTube thing and found a great picture.

The good ol' ToO.
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

I've never seen the play, but I have heard about it and would love to sometimes.

May I be someone? I love the names. They are gorgeous! Who shall I be?
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

As Hannahjiejie said, the names are very nice sounding :yes:. However, I've never seen nor heard of 'Fiddler On The Roof'... I may have heard the name somewhere, but basically don't know what in the world it is ;).
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Iron and Light wrote:As Hannahjiejie said, the names are very nice sounding :yes:. However, I've never seen nor heard of 'Fiddler On The Roof'... I may have heard the name somewhere, but basically don't know what in the world it is ;).
Wow, you are totally missing out. It is one of the most beautiful live performing arts ever created.
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

I watched the movie two weeks ago! :D I really like it.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Hannahjiejie wrote:I've never seen the play, but I have heard about it and would love to sometimes.

You can be someone! Tzeitel is the oldest daughter of Tevye, the main character. Hodel and Chava the next two daughters are already taken. Or you could be Golde Tevye's wife.
The good ol' ToO.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Chava wrote:
Hannahjiejie wrote:I've never seen the play, but I have heard about it and would love to sometimes.

You can be someone! Tzeitel is the oldest daughter of Tevye, the main character. Hodel and Chava the next two daughters are already taken. Or you could be Golde Tevye's wife.
Golde, Golde, Golde...she's awesome.

Tevye: "Do you love me?"
Golde: "Do I WHAT?"
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Pretty much all I remember of the movie is that guy saying "On the other hand..." a lot. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Pseudonym wrote:Pretty much all I remember of the movie is that guy saying "On the other hand..." a lot. \:D/
Either that or "tradition..."
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Chava wrote:

Hmmm, I like the sound of Tzeitel (how do you pronounce it?) Could I be her?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Hannahjiejie wrote:
Chava wrote:

Hmmm, I like the sound of Tzeitel (how do you pronounce it?) Could I be her?
I suppose you could be her. The characters in the movie pronounced it as "Sigh-tull," which is exactly like the last two syllables in "recital."

I wish you well in your avatar search! Mwhahahaha (jk). Anna spent way too much time trying to find a good avatar for Chava. She said she got an avatar by taking screenshots from Youtube.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

:hilarious: I find that admirable Anna but me personally would not take so much time to do so. :hilarious: