Family Recipes

I think the title explains it

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Family Recipes

Post by Follower of Christ »

So, I was wondering does anybody on here have secret family recipes?
Don't share them, just tell me what what you make.
Our faily has special Carmel Overnight Rolls and Butter Frosting for some of our recipes.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

My family has a secret recipe for a special Rice Krispie treat that is made with certain ingredients, including butterscotch chips and chocolate chips. I do not know much more than that because I am not a cook, so I am sort of considered an "outsider" regarding this "secret recipe."

What is interesting about this recipe is that we learned it from a close friend of the family: it is their secret recipe...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hotdog cookies of course! \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

We don't have any secrets, but we always have croation nut bread at family gatherings! \:D/ My great to the Xth power grandma used to make it back in Croatia and then it took all day with no electricity and such and since then it's been handed down from generation to generation.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Jewish Apple Cake. I have never tasted any better than the ones my family makes. (Sometimes my grandmother deviates and uses peaches instead...YAY! Another six weeks and 3 days (or six days, if we wait until my dad's birthday), and we'll get to have it!!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Is this supposed to be holiday recipes or just all the time? :-k

We don't have any "secret" recipes, although we do have traditional dishes we make. Cranberry Relish, Green Bean Bake, Cream Cheese Cupcakes, Lime Jello Salad, etc. etc. etc.

*is now hungry*
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

My church makes veggie turkey! \:D/

I don't know how they do it though. :(
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Our version of Lemon Chicken rocks! \:D/
Love is stronger than death.