Best and Worst Places to Live

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you live in any of these places?

Yes
47%
No
41%
Depends on if I'll tell you
6%
I wouldn't want to
6%
One of the worst towns, yes
No votes

Total votes: 17

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Hope wrote:
Ice Breaker wrote:#7 ^_^ Add in the cold and it's even better.
Cold? Isnt it starting to be more warmer then usual. And cold for you is not my strong point... again I ask, how are we related?
lol, you two sound like my sister and I. I go out in 30 degree weather in a t-shirt while she's shivering in a heavy coat. lol.
...I hate marquees.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Mr Goodbar wrote:
Hope wrote:
Ice Breaker wrote:#7 ^_^ Add in the cold and it's even better.
Cold? Isnt it starting to be more warmer then usual. And cold for you is not my strong point... again I ask, how are we related?
lol, you two sound like my sister and I. I go out in 30 degree weather in a t-shirt while she's shivering in a heavy coat. lol.
Yeah him and I are totally and completely opposites with weather. I like 60 degree weather and he would die and but he loves 30 degree weather. I only like it that cold cause he is my personal radiator! ;)
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Mr Goodbar wrote:Oh, and I have to add that Des Moines should not be on the list. I hated that city. No idea why, but I despise it. :noway:
What's wrong with Des Moines? :noway: Actually, I'm not sure why it's on there either...
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Atlanta, GA is #61. Downtown Atlanta is pretty bad as far as crime, but it's still awesome. \:D/
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Are town got like #6 on one of these a some time last year I think. Anyways, I live in Elizabethtown, which is right outside Louisville.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I don't think they just picked these places on a whim... I know that Portland and Seattle have bad traffic, but they still aren't the worst places in the world to live. They probably look at a lot of factors to choose, and if a city has a few of those factors, they probably add it to the list, then downsize it to 100 in the end. The ones near the top had more of the factors that they were looking for, and the ones at the bottom have the factors, but lack in something.

Just my observation. If I were to add to the list, I would say Walla Walla could be added because, though it be small, it isn't a bad place.

Sometimes, our own opinions of something aren't the same as someone elses... :)
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I don't think they just picked these places on a whim... I know that Portland and Seattle have bad traffic, but they still aren't the worst places in the world to live. They probably look at a lot of factors to choose, and if a city has a few of those factors, they probably add it to the list, then downsize it to 100 in the end. The ones near the top had more of the factors that they were looking for, and the ones at the bottom have the factors, but lack in something.

Just my observation. If I were to add to the list, I would say Walla Walla could be added because, though it be small, it isn't a bad place.

Are you talking to me?
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

#22! \:D/ Perhaps California's Bay Area is a good place to raise a family because of the um...diversity? :-k
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

#16! \:D/ *sigh* Ah, Nebraska. The good life!
Mandy0815 wrote:I doesn't really matter where I live, but I'm surprised that any place in Alaska isn't in there (unless I missed it). Alaska's pretty neat.
Ya, really. If I was making this list, I would put all the Alaska cities first and then all the rest, but maybe I'm just alittle bit bius. :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I don't live too far from a couple of the cities, but I don't live *in* any of them. I'm going over to Louisville this weekend, though! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Skittles wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I don't think they just picked these places on a whim... I know that Portland and Seattle have bad traffic, but they still aren't the worst places in the world to live. They probably look at a lot of factors to choose, and if a city has a few of those factors, they probably add it to the list, then downsize it to 100 in the end. The ones near the top had more of the factors that they were looking for, and the ones at the bottom have the factors, but lack in something.

Are you talking to me?
Not specifically, no. To everyone in general. People were mad when one city made the list. One person wants all of Alaska to be on the list... I could disagree with that, but that is me...
Just me... :) Amor, Danielle.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Skittles wrote:

Are you talking to me?
Not specifically, no. To everyone in general. People were mad when one city made the list. One person wants all of Alaska to be on the list... I could disagree with that, but that is me...
Just me... :) Amor, Danielle.
Haha, I wasn't serious. I mean, I was serious that, in my opinion, the worst city in Alaska is better than the best city not in Alaska, but I know that that's not most people opinion and that this list was based off of a specific set of data, hence the joke.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Nerds wrote:I don't live too far from a couple of the cities, but I don't live *in* any of them. I'm going over to Louisville this weekend, though! \:D/
:shock: I'm going up to Louisville this weekend too!