OBAMA WINS BY A LANDSLIDE

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

SivartM wrote:I think abortion is despicable, but you still can't deny how great the whole "freedom of religion" and "freedom of speech" and such things are. People who kill babies are going to be judged for their sins, and we should try to stop them from killing babies, but I wouldn't say America is the worst country in the world. Nowhere close. There are countries where Christians are killed; I wouldn't want to live there. There are places where almost everyone on this thread would be executed for speaking against the government. So, be glad for the government you have in spite of its faults.
How long will free speech be around? Isn't Obama in support of a piece of legislation that will outlaw preaching against homosexuality? This legislation will call that a "hate crime." That is impeding the first Amendment!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Plus he wants equal air time for both views... so if a talk radio station wants to have conservative talk all day (which is highly lucrative) they will have to cancel half of it and find some random liberal no one wants to hear to be on! \:D/

Some liberal company tried to start talk radio for liberals and it bombed horribly and went bankrupt. :( So if Obama has his way it will just be government mandated! \:D/
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

PJ wrote:
Ozon wrote:
Dani's blog wrote:And. All of you who think that America is the best nation on earth, go eat a sock and die in a corner. I am sorry, but, we have no rights to claim that. Because we kill BABIES, DEFENSELESS INFANTS, in COLD BLOODED MURDER!
*points to the above* That is my response.
That's incredibly rude. Eat a sock and die?? I'm sure that phrase does not please God. If one is going to debate, debate in a respectable manner. Otherwise, you display yourself as a fool.
Your reply goes to show that you do not know me very well, PJ. It was a joke. I wouldn't want anyone to eat a sock and die. No matter how awful a person I may find them. Who am I to decide who should live or die? Anywho. Now you know not to take little things that I say (like that) seriously. Though, I still don't think that America is the best nation on earth.
Do you believe in the couch?
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

The next four years will be interesting, to say the least. I just remind myself that there is a higher power in control. :)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The Top Crusader wrote:Some liberal company tried to start talk radio for liberals and it bombed horribly and went bankrupt. :( So if Obama has his way it will just be government mandated! \:D/
I seem to recall Al Franken being involved in that ;)
StrongNChrist wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:THe world has to end at one point... Why not sooner than LATER?
so that more people have a chance to come to the Lord?
It's talk like that that drove me away from evangelicalism, and, I think, is great proof against "decision theology".

We don't save people. We can't take credit for saving people. God is in control of that. We are to simply spread the gospel. If someone is saved as a result, it is due to the Holy Spirit. God takes the credit. We don't.

To say that 'I don't want the rapture to come soon---I need more time to win souls' (which I've heard people say before over at CBH) is just another way in which people confuse Law and Gospel. How depressing.

When Jesus returns (I don't believe in the rapture, btw), then everyone who is saved will be saved according to God's will.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I agree with Jonathan... odd...

(I don't believe in the rapture either... it sounds... ridiculous anyway.)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I agree with Jonathan... odd...
*laughs* I really like how that was the first word that came to mind :D
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I do believe in the rapture; ridiculous or not, it's supported by scripture; and I believe that it will occur when everyone who's supposed to come to Christ beforehand has. God's in control over that.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Arwen wrote:I do believe in the rapture; ridiculous or not, it's supported by scripture; and I believe that it will occur when everyone who's supposed to come to Christ beforehand has. God's in control over that.
Which scriptures?
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

It's going to sound like a cop out, but I am unwilling to turn this topic into a debate about the rapture, simply because that's not what it's here for. A topic can be mad in CCDS, if need be, although this debate has been had time and time again.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Nice answer, Arwen. I do agree. Hey, JED, if you want to find out about it, start a topic in CCDS. Then be respectful. I'm curious myself, but I'm not going to force Arwen to say anything. :) Amor, Danielle.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Forget it. I am not going to force Arwen say anything but if she is goign to say that she believes in the rapture and has scriptural proof but then doesn't want to share it because it's going to "start a debate" that just sounds weird.

And yes Arwen no offense but that it is a cop out. All I wanted was some scriptural proof.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

JED wrote:Forget it. I am not going to force Arwen say anything but if she is goign to say that she believes in the rapture and has scriptural proof but then doesn't want to share it because it's going to "start a debate" that just sounds weird.

And yes Arwen no offense but that it is a cop out. All I wanted was some scriptural proof.
Her point was that this is not a rapture debate, this is a thread that you started to talk about Obama.

So, it's not a cop out; it's trying to stay somewhat on topic. ;)
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

We went off topic as soon as she said there is scriptural proof for the Rapture.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Yes, but she is trying to stop it from going off topic.

What was this thread about?

Obama won... W00t! Now that is has been two days... I don't feel as excited. Just neutral again... man... it is too early to be up... 6:09...
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

And we will keep going off topic until we take that topic off of this topic.

If that makes any sense at all. :D
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Actually, we went off topic before then...and unfortunately we are not any closer to getting back on topic...

Sarah Palin for president in 2012! :protest:
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

I thought this was about Obama... Who says Palin will run again (I'm hoping NOT!)

Hmmm... who should run.. Mr. Perrin and... oh, Mr. Deming! Perfect match!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

At least it's political again...:D