Braintypes

Which one are you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which brain type are you?

ISTJ or ESTJ
14%
ISFJ
4%
ESFJ
4%
ISTP
7%
ESTP
4%
ISFP
No votes
ESFP
No votes
INFP
18%
INFJ
7%
ENFJ
4%
INTP
7%
ENTP
4%
INTJ
21%
ENTJ
7%

Total votes: 28

Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Braintypes

Post by Iron and Light »

I already made a thread like this in one of the factions, however I figured I should open it up to the masses \:D/.

So, which of the sixteen brain types are you? It actually kind of scary how accurate brain types really are. Here's a test to help you figure it out:

Brain Types Questionnaire

Make sure to fill in the poll after you take the quiz :x.

EDIT: My apologies to anyone who registers 'ISTJ or ESTJ'. The poll wouldn't let me do 16 options, so I had to combine them :(. Please specify whether you are ESTJ or ISTJ if you have to enter that option :).
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I hate this kind of test, b/c it never fully hits the mark. Anywho,
FEIL / ESTJ "Supervisor"
excels at organizing and running activities and orderly procedures; matter-of-fact; consistent, efficient, energetic, pragmatic, critiquing; likes rules and laws; values traditions; commerce-oriented; fine motor skilled.
Not too surprised.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

I'm actually just going off when I took the Myers-Brigg two or three years ago for one of my classes (I really don't want to take it over 'cause these things take me forever and drive me nuts), but I'm an INFP. The long description they gave me is actually surprisingly accurate... :anxious:

edit: I looked up the description on your website. Meh...it's fairly accurate I suppose, but definitely not as much as the one they gave me in my class.
BCAR / INFP "Idealist"
deep internal values; idealistic, romantic, appears calm; generally reticent; creative, avoids conflict, sensitive, aware of others’ feelings; sacrificial, welcomes new ideas; flexible, interested in learning and writing; composer; language skilled.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

FCIL / ENTJ "Chief Executive Officer"
born "CEO," driven, takes charge; harnesses people to a distant goal; strategic; expressive; potential good debater and public speaker; seeks vision and purpose; political; self-focused; structured; logical abstraction skilled.
I'm trying to figure out if this is me. It seems so.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I've found that those descriptions are pretty lame. Google your brain type, and tons of information about it will come up. Here's my favorite site for brain type info:

Personality Page

Epic, you didn't fill out the poll :x.
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

BEIL / ISTJ "Investigator"
gatherer of data; compelled to identify reality and bring order; stable, conservative, dependable, reserved, logical, fastidious, systematic, painstaking, thorough, dutiful; fine motor skilled.
Doesn't really describe all of me. Some of it is like me, but more than what this description says.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I'm not sure if mine is ZERO, NONE, or NADA. They all seem to fit. :-

Seriously, though, I'm apparently a BCAR/INFP "Idealist".
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

FCAR / ENFP "Motivator"
highly energetic; enthusiastic, charming, imaginative, improvisational; sees possibilities; spontaneous; easily bored with repetition; enjoys solving people’s problems; catalyst, marketer, language skilled.
wow
im awesome at languages [if i do say so myself] and the stuff above it explains me perfectly.... :]

Please remember to put anything that's not your original work in quotes! Thanks! ~Candy
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

@greencardigan: First, the descriptions on the website are really lame and short :p. Second, not everything about a brain type will describe you to a 'T.' It's just the general information- MOST of it should describe you.

On a side note, I want to know who the other INTJ is.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

FCAR / ENFP "Motivator"
highly energetic; enthusiastic, charming, imaginative, improvisational; sees possibilities; spontaneous; easily bored with repetition; enjoys solving people’s problems; catalyst, marketer, language skilled.
It's actually really accurate!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

BCIL / INTJ "Inventor"
applicator of ideas; builder of theoretical systems; self-confident; independent, reserved, single-minded, conceptual; seeks knowledge; not impressed with authority; determined, analytic, stubborn, skeptical, scientific; logical abstraction skilled.
really this is basically me, for science.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

infj, for great justice...
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

FEIR / ESTP "Opportunist"
"smooth operator," deal-maker; tactical, enterprising; adaptable, persuasive, energetic; seeks fun and excitement; athletic; enjoys the moment; realistic, good natured, self-focused; body- and clothes-conscious; entrepreneur; negotiator; promoter; fine motor skilled.
Hmm, it actually describes me pretty well. Even though it's still a little bit off.

Please remember to put things that you did not write in quotes. Thanks. ~Candy
Last edited by Danadelfos on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

ESTJ - very much the supervisor and slight control freak :)

This sums me up fairly well, although I know there are downfalls to being this way :)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

EIL / ISTJ "Investigator"
gatherer of data; compelled to identify reality and bring order; stable, conservative, dependable, reserved, logical, fastidious, systematic, painstaking, thorough, dutiful; fine motor skilled.
This was more or less accurate, though it fails to account for the ability to appreciate spontaneity while simultaneously being focused and goal-oriented.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

BCIL / INTJ
Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.
This is the description from the other site I&L posted. It is quite accurate. And the longer definition on the site scared me with it's accuracy. :)
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

FCAR / ENFP "Motivator"
Seen fair enough
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was about right and left-brained people, and I was going to remark on it being such a deja vu moment since I had just taken several of those quizzes...

But instead, it's the ol' Myers-Briggs. I've taken several different versions of this test, and each time I get a different answer (this time it was INTJ). I tend to identify myself as an INFJ since that was my "official" result for New Student Orientation class a couple years ago, but really, "I" is the only consistent letter. Looking at these descriptions, I can see parts of myself in the INFP, INFJ, INTJ, ISFP, and ISTP types (in that order).

Using parts of each of those "types" - and in the above order - here is my self-defined...self :-
LizzieG wrote:BLIZ / INSFTPJ "Idealistic Wordsmith and then some"

interested in learning and writing; welcomes new ideas; sacrificial; sensitive; avoids conflict; idealistic, romantic, appears calm; generally reticent; potential gifted writer; imaginative; enjoys enriching inner life; methodical; conscientious; empathetic; determined, analytic, stubborn, skeptical; impulsive, enjoys freedom; appreciates beauty and texture; seeks action and excitement; can be intense with deep convictions; competitive, witty
And I'm pretty much equally divided between being right and left-brained. And if I happen to be very comfortable around you, I will happily chatter incessantly. Now you know everything there is to know about me! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

BEIR / ISTP "Athlete"
artful with machines, tools, and hands; seeks action and excitement; superb tactician—seizing the moment; athletic, competitive, witty but usually not wordy; street smart; ever-thinking; can be intense with deep convictions; adaptive; fine motor skilled.
Hmm...with this one, I scored as a ISTP...the description of which is not really correct. I don't seek action and excitement, I'm not one for seizing the moment, not that athletic...I don't know. I like handicrafts, sewing, quilting, cake decorating, etc. so the part about working with my hands is right, as is being competitive and having deep convictions. :p

I've taken a much longer and more involved Myer-Briggs test, and got a different result than this that fits better from what I remember. I can't recall what it was, though...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

FCAR / ENFP "Motivator"
Haha... I knew it. But I don't believe it. :(
Do you believe in the couch?