High School Musical

the epic phenomana that is sweeping the nation!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

High School Musical

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

When I saw all the insults that HSM was taking in the Pirates thread, I decided that I would make my own HSM thread in defense of it. HSM, both 1 and 2, and hopefully 3 are amazing. I am recruiting any fans to come aid me in my defense! TO WAR!!!! :knight:
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

HSM is evil because it has both males and females interacting in it, and they are not married. :noway:
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I liked the first one but the second one was not worth anything.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

TC wrote:HSM is evil because it has both males and females interacting in it, and they are not married. :noway:
Before you were married, have you ever kissed someone? ;)
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I liked them actually and um so what if they arent married.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Top is just being his usual self. ;)

I enjoyed both of the HSM movies so far - G-rated musical fun doesn't air on TV every day, you know! \:D/ Are they incredibly deep? Not so much. Are they lots of fun with family-friendly content? Definitely! \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I agree. :yes:

...With Catspaw, that is.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I admit I liked a COUPLE songs :anxious: but then again I was forced to watch it by my little sister while 4mase got too go upstains and play m-rated video games....

Overall I appreciate what they're doing but you won't see me watching it of my own free will.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yeah, um, HSM is just another excuse for Disney to become more... weirder. How do I put this... See, the old Disney was just awesome. Great movies, you got something from them, the whole thing. But now, Disney is just like... gone from those old days. HSM is pertaining to teenagers, and little kids are all over these movies, plus Hannah Montana. I'm a teenager, and I find HSM dumb. It's silly, and a sad excuse for anything. I've seen the first one. It was really.. um.. lame. And all this hubub about the actors and actresses, that just makes it even more unbecoming. I like HP better!

The story line was like any other story line. Really, look long and hard. A girl/guy falls in love with another guy/girl at first look. They go to the same school or something like that. Something tears them apart, and then in the end, they are back together. They just shoved that story into a crazy movie about a musical inside a musical. Beauty and The Beast it better! AH!

It's just an annoying movie, and no one can sing... I liked ONE song. That was it. But the people who sang it shouldn't have been sining in the first place.... it makes high school look childish. And is shouldn't be. High School is meant to be learning more and be tried at a higher level. Get you prepared for even higher education, College, and the real world. HSM doesn't even show that. Just love relationships for which, well... those were childish, and they shouldn't be directing anything like that... it's like, not right.

Yeah, that's my rant.. sorry... I HATE HSM... 2 was just annoying all in itself, and 3 coming out in THEATERS. That's just ridiculous... Somehow, I really don't think HSM 3 will do well... people are saying it'll beat box office records... doubt that by a mile. It's a lame excuse for a movie.. like so many others are...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yuck.

That's all I can say about it. What's the meaning in it? That you have to have a boy/girlfriend in highschool? Yuck. No thanks. The songs grate on my nerves, too. :boohoo:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Battle Cry
Not as new

Post by Battle Cry »

I pretty much refuse to see any of the HSM movies. mostly just because nearly everyone I know loves it. I hate all those dorky kid/teen shows.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

me too but alot of people like HSM3 even though the plot has been the same the last two movies and it is stupid. It has a big possiblity of beating records even though it is kind of retarded.

What's wrong with having a boyfriend/girlfriend in highschool?
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Eh. They're clean enough, and harmless...but rather flat plotwise.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Your right but all disney movies pretty much have the same theme

boy or girl are in group a boy or girl go to group b because they like it more boy or girl alienate group a than you have the climax than boy or girl get back to group a and they all sing and dance at the end of the movie.
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Jacob E. Doyle wrote: It has a big possiblity of beating records even though it is kind of retarded.
Can you please not use that term as an insult? Thanks.

Anyway, I don't see what the big appeal of High School Musical is. I've seen parts of it, and it's okay. The songs are pretty catchy, and it's certainly easier to bear than Hannah Montana. Although that isn't saying much... :anxious:

My little sister saw it and said it was good, and I don't think it stinks, exactly. I just don't see why it's broken...like, every record in the book.
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

If we're referring merely to HSM being family-friendly, then it's really, really good.

But if we're referring to HSM being a good film, then we're lying through our teeth. The acting is horrible, the singing is cringe-worthy (and sometimes lip-synched), and the only glimmer of light is in the dancing, which gets upstaged by all the other silliness. I just don't see why a movie with no plot other than shallow guy-girl relationships (when they're too young to handle that kind of stuff anyway) is worth mentioning, much less obsessing about.

All I can say is, "Why, Kenny Ortega? Why did you go from making awesome meaningful movie musicals like Newsies, to this drivel?"

In context, there are so many better things than this. Almost anything, actually.

Out of context, it's the greatest movie in the history of the world! Yayness! Now pardon me while I go see if I can sing "Breaking Free" as badly as what's-her-name. I hope the neighbors don't throw stuff at me again.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Though I'm not really into dating, I liked both of the movies. I mean, they are a lot better than most movies nowadays.

Did someone say that they like the old Disney movies?! Yuck, they put me to sleep! :wow: :wha: Well, except for the Haley Mills ones.
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

High School Musical was ok..I haven't and don't care to see the second one but I really want to see the 3rd one!
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
elizabeth
Live2ride-Ride2live
Live2ride-Ride2live

Post by elizabeth »

High School Musical is a really dumb movie, I've never seen it I admit but I've seen the preview before....uggh.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

elizabeth wrote:High School Musical is a really dumb movie, I've never seen it I admit but I've seen the preview before....uggh.
But then how do you know if it is dumb? I mean, it's not like there's anything obvious making it dumb like immorality or like, monsters that eat people.