First Jobs

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Arla
Popsicle kid

First Jobs

Post by Arla »

What was your first job? It doesn't have to be a tax paying job either. Like mine was a babysitting program at a church in my area, things like that.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Ok two my first was when I rubbed my mom's feet for twenty five cents an hour. It's not as bad as it sounds!

My other first job was mowing the lawn for my parents.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I watched people's pets and baby-sat, I still do actually.
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

Mowed the lawn. My 1st tax paying job was working at a farm cutting gladiolas and my 1st good job is what I am at now, working at a coffee shop
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I had a paper route until I got fired.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

I worked at a apple packing shed..where they clean,pack,and ship the apples off.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

JD wrote:I had a paper route until I got fired.

:hilarious: :hilarious:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I've never had a job. \:D/

...well, unless you count delivering phone books when I was little, but that was only for like a week. :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I worked for a yard raking company!
(Boss=12 year old older sister =P)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Babysitting, which morphed into child care at my church. In fact, I worked child care tonight. Twelve 3-4 year olds, which really isn't so bad when you compare it to last week, which was twenty-two 3-4 year olds. *yanks hair out*
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

"Hi, I'm Aubry and I"ll be your Sunday Scool teacher today"
"If we could all just gather around over here, I'll tell you your bible story for today"
"over here"
"Nope, no, I'm over here."
"O.k., who want's cookies?"
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I've never heard of anyone getting paid to be a Sunday School teacher, so does that count as a job, or simply a ministry?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

If we really want to get technical, my first jobs were household chores way back when. If we don't want to be technical, I started volunteering in various positions in church when I was around 9 or so, and started volunteering in another capacity at a second church when I was 14. I didn't get my first tax-paying job until right after I'd turned 15, working at a grocery store.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I really didnt see household chores as really jobs because it is a requirement. I mean I think your first job is when you get rewarded for something you feel you are NOT obligated to do. Such as mowing the lawn or playing with Caleb a 5 year old neighbor. I am NOT OBLIGATED to do it however I do it for a reward. Whether it be tangible or intangible.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Jonathan wrote:If we really want to get technical, my first jobs were household chores way back when. If we don't want to be technical, I started volunteering in various positions in church when I was around 9 or so, and started volunteering in another capacity at a second church when I was 14. I didn't get my first tax-paying job until right after I'd turned 15, working at a grocery store.
and the household chores were thankfully divided between the three of us... and my first tax paying job was working at subway and that lasted a whole 3 weeks but i only worked for 2 weeks because i was on a mission trip for the one week
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

yep.. I have been doing the kitchen and the clothes since I was twelve...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Jugglah wrote:I've never heard of anyone getting paid to be a Sunday School teacher, so does that count as a job, or simply a ministry?
No, that's a quote from Aubrey's Bathrobe in response to your comment on pulling your hair out just thinking of babysitting 22 3-4 year olds.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Jugglah wrote:I've never heard of anyone getting paid to be a Sunday School teacher, so does that count as a job, or simply a ministry?
No, that's a quote from Aubrey's Bathrobe in response to your comment on pulling your hair out just thinking of babysitting 22 3-4 year olds.
Oh, I recognized the quote. I just thought you were talking about yourself. (Actually, I bribed them with Cheetos, not cookies. Necessity is the mother of invention.)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jugglah wrote:Necessity is the mother of invention.)
Well, that and procrastination.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Actual real job was Taco Bell, yay! \:D/ That only lasted a couple months before I went on to work where I currently have worked for over 10 years...

But before that I mowed lawns and probably did a few other random things. \:D/