Army plans to convert brainwaves to radiowaves

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Both.

Actually, I'll have to ask my mom. :-k I highly doubt it, but it is possible. My siblings were listening to AIO at the time and some people really do that. Mostly with music, but I guess if you did it with a radio drama, thier brains could start recognizing words faster. :-k Wow, I'm totally doing that with my kids.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Jonathan wrote:In response to AE, while I disagree with this technology in theory, what does this army project have to do with the Mart of the Beast?
What do you mean by disagreeing "with this technology in theory", Jonathan? I am certainly disturbed by some of the possible ramifications that inappropriate application could bring, but nearly any good thing can be perverted. Corruptibility doesn't make something bad.
I think that the potential for good certainly warrants its being explored. Military technological developments often make their way into the civilian market, and I certainly see fields that could blossom with technology like this.
Not dead yet.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

David O wrote:
Jonathan wrote:In response to AE, while I disagree with this technology in theory, what does this army project have to do with the Mart of the Beast?
What do you mean by disagreeing "with this technology in theory", Jonathan? I am certainly disturbed by some of the possible ramifications that inappropriate application could bring, but nearly any good thing can be perverted. Corruptibility doesn't make something bad.
I think that the potential for good certainly warrants its being explored. Military technological developments often make their way into the civilian market, and I certainly see fields that could blossom with technology like this.
they've had this technology for years and have used it for mind control as well as brain reading. MK Ultra anyone? MK Delta... (classified operations run by the CIA) to MJ-12, the Montauk Project and Area 51.

The creepiest thing is that George Bush senior was a member of MJ-12 (the Majestic 12)

and yes, it's like gun control,... it's not the tool that kills, it's the person using the tool. If I want to kill someone, I can kill them with a pen, so maybe we should introduce pen control? Sounds pretty retarded to me, as it likely does to you. Plus it has been proven that where there is less restrictions on carrying handguns, AND people carry more, there is a corresponding difference in the crime rate between these areas, and more heavily restricted locations.

Ultimately, gun control only keeps guns out of the hands of honest citizens, and hardly affects the criminals. Where I used to live... every single felon I knew of had at least one gun. So much for the gun laws... :roll:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

David O wrote:
The thing is, I can't see this going anywhere but being used by the government to keep tabs on everyone, even if it starts out fine. With things like the RealID act being passed, I'm a bit paranoid about such things now.

Out of curiosity, what good do you see coming from this? Perhaps I haven't considered all the factors yet.