Army plans to convert brainwaves to radiowaves

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
David O
I'm memorable

Army plans to convert brainwaves to radiowaves

Post by David O »

TIME Magazine -
The Army's Totally Serious Mind-Control Project

I personally can't wait to pick up a novabox, I mean "Thought Helmet" of my very own. \:D/
Not dead yet.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

:shock: Wow! :mad: :bolt:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Oh no. That's really sad. It shouldn't be long before we get body-injected microchips, at our present course. The end, very well, may be near.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

I wonder if they'll have it ready in time to subcontiously influence who we vote for senator. I better get into the birdhouses or greasly chips market fast. *goes to start a birdhouse company*
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Mind control?! All right! Where do I pick up my Novabox thought helmet thingie? \:D/
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

That would be helpful.. then we could get all the towel heads to shoot eachother for us! \:D/

And give us their oil! \:D/

Brilliant! \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Wait, I think I came across a website that has an anti-mind control helmet thing: http://www.stopabductions.com/ Although designed to prevent extraterrestrial telepathic manipulation, maybe it will stop those evil army scientists!

I came across this website during science class. I was researching ants.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Ziff wrote:That would be helpful.. then we could get all the towel heads to shoot eachother for us! \:D/
That's a very rude comment.
Amethystic wrote:extraterrestrial telepathic manipulation
Wow, you totally lost me.
Amethystic wrote:I was researching ants.
Now, that's my reading level.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
It means 'aliens using their brains to control yours'. Understand now? *considers buyng KBT a dictionary*
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

um....you guys do realize..this is for communication, not mind-control...right? :anxious:

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

The Artful Dodger wrote:um....you guys do realize..this is for communication, not mind-control...right? :anxious:
Oh, sure. Like they didn't say that about the Novabox too. :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

SivartM wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:um....you guys do realize..this is for communication, not mind-control...right? :anxious:
Oh of course, the Mark of the Beast will only be for the good of the people. Yeah, right.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

American Eagle wrote:
SivartM wrote:
Oh of course, the Mark of the Beast will only be for the good of the people. Yeah, right.
In response to Sivart, haha, ah, the people behind such technology will never have a market among Odyssey fans ;)

In response to AE, while I disagree with this technology in theory, what does this army project have to do with the Mart of the Beast? I'm afraid I'm not seeing the parallel.

edit--
American Eagle wrote:It shouldn't be long before we get body-injected microchips, at our present course.
That technology has been available for several years, actually, it's just not in use among people to a large degree, or even a small degree.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jonathan wrote:
American Eagle wrote:It shouldn't be long before we get body-injected microchips, at our present course.
That technology has been available for several years, actually, it's just not in use among people to a large degree, or even a small degree.
I mean having it required, part of the Mark if the Beast. During the Great Tribulation, when all must have one.

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

American Eagle wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I mean having it required, part of the Mark if the Beast. During the Great Tribulation, when all must have one.
Ah, I see what you meant now.

And my other question about the parallels?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jonathan wrote:And my other question about the parallels?
The appearence that dangerous technology brings, but it acts as if it's for the "good" of people and for "communication." The Novabox was shown as something good for the people, to help them and make them smarter. So will be the Mark. It will make things "easier" and for the good of the world, but the truth is that behind it is wolves in sheep's clothing.

King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Amethystic wrote:
It means 'aliens using their brains to control yours'. Understand now? *considers buyng KBT a dictionary*
You see, most babies learn to talk from their families, but in my house I heard Odysseys more then people talking, so I learned english from AIO. That's how I can justify saying I've been a fan for 15 years, my mom put headphones on her tummy, so I heard it in the womb. *sigh* Oh, those good old days, listening to AIo in the womb. I can't believe I actually just posted that. I started with the idea of learning to talk from AIO and then it sort of took off from there.

A new dictionary, eh? hmm :-k
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Amethystic wrote:
You see, most babies learn to talk from their families, but in my house I heard Odysseys more then people talking, so I learned english from AIO. That's how I can justify saying I've been a fan for 15 years, my mom put headphones on her tummy, so I heard it in the womb. *sigh* Oh, those good old days, listening to AIo in the womb. I can't believe I actually just posted that. I started with the idea of learning to talk from AIO and then it sort of took off from there.

Hmmm... I learned a good percentage of my volcabulary from AIO, although I also read a lot. I thought I was using fairly basic words. :-k
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Amethystic wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

Hmmm... I learned a good percentage of my volcabulary from AIO, although I also read a lot. I thought I was using fairly basic words. :-k
Ya, I don't read.

p.s. For the record; I was totally kidding.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Kidding about not understanding my unique choice of words or kidding about your pre-natal AIO listening experience?