What is the fast food place you can't live without?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

LizzieG wrote:
Darcie wrote:In-N-Out is the thing Southern Californians (and now the rest of the state and Arizona, Nevada, Utah) get to brag about to the rest of the country.
I am definitely guilty of singing In-N-Out's praises to all my Midwestern friends at school :-

I've also quite enjoyed Steak-N-Shake too.
http://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp
Sadly, In-n-out is confined to CA, UT, NV, and AZ. I loved that place so much for the 9 months I lived in that area. Sighhh....fast food just isn't the same again. I never eat fries/shakes from ANYWHERE.
I keep the Innout stickers on my desk. To look at and be sad. Or hungry? :D
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

^Now thats a sad story. We need to get an In-N-Out to where this poor person lives. WE CAN DO A SHOW LIKE EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION! Truck driver! MOVE THAT TRUCK! *Shows nice new In-N-Out* *People start crying*

-Robo
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I love different fast food places, such as Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Arby's. But I can live without all of them. Easily.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Chick-fil-a!! Also, Arby's and Boston Market. I think those go against the norm, because the food actually tastes good and the food they sell is definitely more healthy than burgers.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'm loving Chick-Fil-A, now that I finally live near them. There aren't any in New York, so I'm now making up for lost time. I also LOVE Five Guys. Amazing burgers.

I still love Taco Bell, but it's been a good month or two since I've been there.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Oh, yeah. Five Guys is great! About 4 of them opened where I live just in the past year.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

SweetiePaw wrote:The bad thing is that our towns taco bell ran out of bussiness so now the closest taco bell is an hour away #-o
Ah! Stalker! :mad:

;)
JD wrote:I can't believe that no one has said Wendy's, I like it because it is cheep.
Wendy's frostys are the best!
LizzieG wrote:I've also quite enjoyed Steak-N-Shake too.
I love their shakes!
Love is stronger than death.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

*Gasp* Wendy's frosties!! That's it! There's a Wendy's within walking distance of my house here, but I'd already decided that I really had no reason to ever go there, what with all the other amazing burger places around.

Oh man...I want a frosty now...

I had a Checker's burger for the first time last night...their fries were great, but the burger was so dry! :sick:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Arwen wrote:*Gasp* Wendy's frosties!! That's it! There's a Wendy's within walking distance of my house here, but I'd already decided that I really had no reason to ever go there, what with all the other amazing burger places around.

Oh man...I want a frosty now...

I had a Checker's burger for the first time last night...their fries were great, but the burger was so dry! :sick:
Checkers (Known as Rallys around here) has THE MOST AMAZING fries!!! :drool:
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

The fact that the only time I've been to fast food places in the past six months has been on road trips with friends probably belies an idea that I couldn't "live without" them. I'm with Sherlock on this one: who needs the expense?

But then, not fully with her: my freezer is stocked with cheap frozen food that is at least as unhealthy as anything you can get from a fast food joint, and not infrequently fried. I more or less live off boxes of Banquet fried chicken and chicken nuggets, Red Baron pizza, canned spaghetti, generic macaroni and cheese, the least expensive real beef hamburgers I can find (80-20, or even 93-7% beef to fat ratios are avoided, not because they're so tastily unhealthy -- much of it burns off, of course, but it flavors the meat well -- but because they're usually a more expensive grade of beef), and, for the rare treat, bags of Best Value buffalo wings. If you eat one meal a day, like I do, this diet, even with fruit (I go for what's on sale, and peaches and plums have been between 68 and 88 cents / lb most weeks this summer where I shop) and popcorn (Pop Weaver, 17 cents / bag) thrown in, it's easy enough to average less than $2 / day on food. So, basically, the perfect diet.

Unless you value long life or health or one of those things. But you're talking about fast food, so I doubt it.

Were I to choose to eat fast food, setting aside my astonishment with the prices, I'd go with an Arby's roast beef sandwich or original recipe chicken from KFC, which, oddly, no one has mentioned yet. I am not discerning enough to have a strong preference for the burgers of one establishment over the other, except to say that the franchise that once asked of its competitors, "Where's the Beef?" (it certainly is a fluffy bun...) served me a small, gray, slimy, not very appetizing hamburger patty the last time I was there.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Admittedly, Clodius's mention of Arby's reminded me that I do occasionally partake in a large curly fry when the opportunity presents itself. I blame this entirely on college and the types of people one meets there who enjoy those types of things.

On a related note, I drink a disproportionate amount of Jamba Juice which, given the sugar content (natural or otherwise), probably doesn't vary that much from its fried counterparts. At least I've successfully fooled myself into thinking its healthy. As for eating at home, all grocery store food is ludicrously expensive here. The cheapest fruit available is the banana for approximately .69/lb. On the other hand, a pineapple will cost you upwards of $4.50 and probably 1-2 dollars more if you go with the organic (read: absolutely the same) option.

I eat a lot of bean/rice/vegetable combinations as they are cheap and relatively easy to prepare. Tuna is also an attractive option for the limited budget.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

McDonald's. Yay for fast-food frenchfries! I like them better than homemade.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Wendy's! I love the value menu. My family has lots of members, so frugality is key. I don't go to Wendy's for the Frosties, however: I have gotten tired of them...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: