Favorite quote?

What's your favorite quote(s)?

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Favorite quote?

Post by American Eagle »

I like many quotes, some of them are:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
"We cannot diminish the value of one category of human life — the unborn — without diminishing the value of all human life." - Ronald Reagan
"Being pro-life doesn't end at birth, and being Christian doesn't just mean caring about someone after death." - Mike Huckabee
What is your favorite quote(s)?
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I can't think of to many right now, but one that I've always liked is...

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Pastor T.P. (My pastor) :)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

"You never know why your alive, till you know what you would die for." - Originally Martin Luther King Jr. (I believe). I get it from BJ Higgins though.
"For God So Loved The World That He Gave His One And Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believes In Him Shall Not Perish But Have Everlasting Life." John 3:16
I have more... I just can't think.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." - Helen Keller
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

"I Saved the World!" -Arther Dent
\:D/ the most classic line ever!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

American Eagle wrote:I like many quotes, some of them are:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
That's one of my favorite quotes, too. :)
G.K. Chesterton wrote:The object of having an open mind, as of having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid.
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Here one of my favorites (no offense to those of you who go to public school!)
“It would seem that not only is religion lacking in the schools—so is common sense. I wonder what a teacher is supposed to say if a kid asks about those four words on a dime—‘In God We Trust’. Or maybe that’s why they aren’t being taught to read these days.” - Ronald Regan
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

"Only the smallest person can change the course of the future"
by Galadriel \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

THIS IS MY 999th POST. I'M ALMOST THERE!!!
Albert Einstien wrote:The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Ogden Nash wrote:Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."
Ogden Nash wrote:People who work sitting down make more than people who work standing up.
Then of course the one in my signature;
unkown wrote:There is no need to try to join the majority, by definition there is already enough people there.
Then there are a few that I wrote;
Your's truly wrote:The only thing more important than the book is the imagination.
Your's Truly wrote:The question is not "is the glass half empty or half full?", but "is the glass 7/8 empty or 1/8 full?"
Your's Truly wrote:Unfortunatly, the popularity of a quote lies not in the power of it's words, but the fame of the celebrity who said them.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Haha, I like your last one, KBT :lol:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Shadowfax wrote:Haha, I like your last one, KBT :lol:
Thanks, some day I'll write a book. I only need about 15,000 more.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

My aspiration:
Wooton Bassett wrote:"I want to be normal, like Spongebob Squarepants!"
I know Spongebob is weird, but look how much fun he has!

One frequent quote:
Amethystic wrote:"Name-calling is wrong, dipwad!"
Here's another frequently used one I know of (Siv you should recognise this one if you ever bother with reading Facebook profiles).
A girl I know who quotes herself on Facebook who says this about almost everything in the real world to freak her loved ones wrote:That's what they want you to think...
The quote I heard the most last year:
My Math and Science teacher wrote: Amberlee, get your math and science homework done!
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

Won't be able to remember them all, but some of my favourites:

Me (yours truly, not the user): Do you see the cup as half empty or half full?
My sister: Depends how thirsty I am.
Unknown wrote:Don't be afraid to try something new. Professionals built the Titanic; amateurs built the Ark.
In one of her stories, one of my best friends wrote:You've reached the previously unattainable top notch of genious stupidity.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Amethystic wrote:
Amethystic wrote:"Name-calling is wrong, dipwad!"
You stole that from Bernard and changed it! It's supposed to be, "I will have no name calling in this courtroom, you bonehead!"
Mel wrote:
unknown wrote:Don't be afraid to try something new. Professionals built the Titanic; amateurs built the Ark.
That's a really good one.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Your's Truly wrote:Unfortunatly, the popularity of a quote lies not in the power of it's words, but the fame of the celebrity who said them.
Wow! I liked that one! *adds it to her list* *then to her list on facebook* Oh, wait, can I do that?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Wow! I liked that one! *adds it to her list* *then to her list on facebook* Oh, wait, can I do that?
I don't really know how that works, but just incase there's some copyright issue I won't sue you, you have my permission to use it.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Mel wrote:
Unknown wrote:Don't be afraid to try something new. Professionals built the Titanic; amateurs built the Ark.
That's one of my favourite quotes too! :D I'm really sleepy right now so I probably won't be able to think of anymore...

*thinks*

...Nope! Can't think of any...
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
I don't really know how that works, but just incase there's some copyright issue I won't sue you, you have my permission to use it.
Okay! Thanks!

*adds two new quotes to this here thread*
The victim isn't laughing. If fact, he's dead. - Law and Order SVU DA
I have no idea why I like this one. Heard it on Law and Order, and thought it.. interesting.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... unless you are me. Then you know that Beauty lies in the eyes of the Lord our God who made us! - Your's truly
:)
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yogi Berra wrote:The future ain't what it used to be.
Yogi Berra wrote:No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded.
I think, Winston Churchill wrote:If your young and not liberal, you dont have a heart. If you are older and not conservative, you don't have a brain.
Michael, The Office wrote:I'm not superstitious. I'm just a little stitious.
Yogi Berra wrote:You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours.
My Brother, Matt wrote:Fat people are far more likely to walk directly out into traffic than skinny people, it's just a fact of life.
Those are some of my favorites, but there are more. \:D/
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

How about a magic trick? I can make this pencil...disappear...
\:D/

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...