Whits End Website

new version released

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The only AIO fans I know are younger than me... (Ryan, Emily, Sara, Brittni, Ashley, Caitlin, Phillip), but I do know a few older than me (Kathy, Siv, um.... others?)

There is always a variety. What's up with dealing with a parental warning? On one of the sites I go to, to sign up for the discussion boards, you have to have Parent Signature and all. I, being 15, and knowing the site and a couple of other things, lied (come on). But, do my parents care if I'm on a Christian site and not saying who I am, where I live, or what my name is? Yeah, that's what I thought...

It's not a real big deal. What is up with this?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: On one of the sites I go to, to sign up for the discussion boards, you have to have Parent Signature and all.
How does that work?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: On one of the sites I go to, to sign up for the discussion boards, you have to have Parent Signature and all.
How does that work?
You give them your parents e-mail, they get it, you discuss with them why you want to be on that sitem either they reply to the message and sign you up to the site, or they don't do anything and you don't get to discuss on the board. (I lied... I think it is slightly silly, but for me. Not for others. It can be quite safe). Then the parents, if they replied, electronically signed, saying they let you be on that website. Quite interesting in fact...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
How does that work?
You give them your parents e-mail, they get it, you discuss with them why you want to be on that sitem either they reply to the message and sign you up to the site, or they don't do anything and you don't get to discuss on the board. (I lied... I think it is slightly silly, but for me. Not for others. It can be quite safe). Then the parents, if they replied, electronically signed, saying they let you be on that website. Quite interesting in fact...
Wow. That's taking it too far, keeping kids safe is one thing, but that's just a nuisance, they should definetly lower the age that needs parental permission. Do they seriously think that a 15 year old needs to have their parents' approval for something like that. Whit's End's is much more reasonable.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

How does that work?
Wow. That's taking it too far, keeping kids safe is one thing, but that's just a nuisance, they should definetly lower the age that needs parental permission. Do they seriously think that a 15 year old needs to have their parents' approval for something like that. Whit's End's is much more reasonable.
There you go! Well, I htink even Adults have to.... I don't think it mattered what my age was.. though, it was a little weird when I did put my age... oh, well, yeah, Whits End is much more reasonable. I mean, I get the "you are going off site" thing on Myspace... but that's becasue it could be a dangerous site. Oh, I think we forgot to put that into consideration.. Not that Focus would do that..
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

How does that work?
There you go! Well, I htink even Adults have to.... I don't think it mattered what my age was.. though, it was a little weird when I did put my age... oh, well, yeah, Whits End is much more reasonable. I mean, I get the "you are going off site" thing on Myspace... but that's becasue it could be a dangerous site. Oh, I think we forgot to put that into consideration.. Not that Focus would do that..
Ya, it might even be a legal thing to keep people from sueing them just incase an inapropriate website were to get linked.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

How does that work?
Ya, it might even be a legal thing to keep people from sueing them just incase an inapropriate website were to get linked.
Yeah, you could be right.... Not a bad thing, sometimes.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I think the new site looks great! It looks a lot more modern and up-to-date. I don't have a problem with "these links will take you away from Whitsend.org"...in fact, the old site had a very similar link.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

H Tide wrote:I think the new site looks great! It looks a lot more modern and up-to-date. I don't have a problem with "these links will take you away from Whitsend.org"...in fact, the old site had a very similar link.
Ya, but it didn't make you ask your parents permission before leaving. :roll:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

They aren't forcing you to do so. It's a suggestion, based on the site's appeal to younger members. If you're on the site and click on a link that you already know that your parents would approve of, it doesn't force you to get up and go find them to take a look before you proceed. It's a reminder to younger site visitors and a reassurance to parents. If this is not an issue within your family, then feel free to ignore the little message. It isn't that difficult.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Has any one seen http://www.whitsend.org/fanfeature/alb50.cfm it is really cool
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh, wow. That really is rather helpful! I've been wondering who each of the faces represented...
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

They soooo should have put Wooton on the cover! Now you can only see part of his trombone... :(
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

How is Wooton playing Harmonica (which is obviously taking up his entire mouth), trombone and sousaphone at the same time? (not to mention keyboard) I know he's talented, but playing camptown races on four different instruments at the same time seems like a little much.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

King Butter Turtle wrote:How is Wooton playing Harmonica (which is obviously taking up his entire mouth), trombone and sousaphone at the same time? (not to mention keyboard) I know he's talented, but playing camptown races on four different instruments at the same time seems like a little much.
Do not question the power of Wooton! He can do anything (providing it involves "Camp Town Races"!!!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Also wasn't Rachel the one that was getting old and had to retire from jumping in, I want to say "True Calling"? What's she doing in a parade?
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Also wasn't Rachel the one that was getting old and had to retire from jumping in, I want to say "True Calling"? What's she doing in a parade?
Well Walker Edmiston and Hal Smith have passed away but they were in the album as a tribute to them so the reason for Rachel would probably be along the same lines as that. (Except Rachel isn't as significant as Walker and Hal.)
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Agent3xq wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:Also wasn't Rachel the one that was getting old and had to retire from jumping in, I want to say "True Calling"? What's she doing in a parade?
Well Walker Edmiston and Hal Smith have passed away but they were in the album as a tribute to them so the reason for Rachel would probably be along the same lines as that. (Except Rachel isn't as significant as Walker and Hal.)
First of all, she's a character, second she's not even a fictional human, she's a fictional animal. I don't think she deserves a tribute on an album cover.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow, they finally changed it. I like the change, very well done.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Amethystic wrote:You're not alone Jelly. I am (as far as I know at this point) the only AIO fan in my class. My friends think that AIO is for little kids and that I need to grow up, and my friend Taylor wishes that she could destroy AIO forever...:(
I'm just like Amethystic. I am the only 17 year old fan in my youth group. Yeah, four or five of the seventh-graders listen to it every other weekend and once in a while on the weekdays, but they don't get online and join this forum or visit whitsend.org. They don't understand what I'm talking about because they don't listen to it as much as I do. Yes, my peers laugh at me, but they are the ones missing out! :(

Say, does anyone know how to navigate from one album to another? An episode has a tree: "Audio Series > 50: The Best Small Town > Accidental Dilemma, I" but the albums don't. The phrase "Audio Series" doesn't take you anywhere, so how can I jump from looking at album 50 to, say, album 49?

Edit - please try to avoid double-posting by using the edit button. Thanks! - Catspaw
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: