Braces

Ugh...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Braces

Post by Tehswift »

Well I just got my braces off. It's amazing. So did anyone have or currently have braces. What do/did you think of them
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Congratulations! \:D/

I have braces, I don't mind them too much...although eating is rather annoying. I will hopefully be getting mine off within a month or so. :D
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I had mine for a little under a year. And they did wonders for my teeth. Now I wear a retainer. Now THAT gets annoying.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Don't make me scared! I am getting braces soon enough :noway:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Shadowfax wrote:Don't make me scared! I am getting braces soon enough :noway:
There really isn't much to be afraid about. Once they make room inside your mouth for them with the long pointy needles, holding your mouth open for 6 or 7 hours while they install them is a breeze. Just don't swallow, that could be bad.

;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I actually like the look of my braces! They are a tad bit uncomfortable after appointments, but I don't mind them much. I'll be sad to get them off. :anxious:
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Umm JIA are you okay? miss them? I love having mine off.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I still have the cursed pieces of metal in my mouth. :(

I don't mind the discomfort of them, it's just the way they look when I smile or speak, I look like a cyborg. o_0
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I look older with mine on than I do with them off. xD I mean, I guess I won't mind getting them off, but they don't bother me much. :p
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Fei wrote:I still have the cursed pieces of metal in my mouth. :(

I don't mind the discomfort of them, it's just the way they look when I smile or speak, I look like a cyborg. o_0
I think cyborgs are cool! And braces don't look that bad, they're just a part of life. :D
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

Well the one big thing for me now is all the food I can eat again. Apples (not sliced) caramel, corn on the cob, TOFFEE
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I personally miss my braces. :( I got them off a few weeks ago, now my teeth look humongous and my retainers give me a lisp. :p
*returns*
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

You have the wire retainer or the clear one?

All I know is that I will have to wear mine for a month full time and then only nights after that for life
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I HATE BRACES! It's completely miserable and useless.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I HATE BRACES! It's completely miserable and useless.
I agree! Oh, wait, I've never had braces... and won't need them when my teeth grow in... okay, so, Ryan and I are the lucky ones! (No, not Ryan on here, my Ryan)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
I agree! Oh, wait, I've never had braces... and won't need them when my teeth grow in... okay, so, Ryan and I are the lucky ones! (No, not Ryan on here, my Ryan)
I want a Ryan, where'd you get it?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
You wish! He's the neighbor boy... in that sense. I've known him sense he was born, "dated me", ENGAGED ME OF ALL THINGS!, we broke up, he became a crazy, I see him at church whenever I'm home, and I went to school with him for three years. Oh, and he lives two miles from my house, with his mom, dad, and two twins sisters (they are twins, Ryan is jsut one of their older brothers). He's like.. 13!
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Tehswift wrote:You have the wire retainer or the clear one?

All I know is that I will have to wear mine for a month full time and then only nights after that for life
I have the wire retainer.

I have to wear mine 24/7 for a year and then after that I can wear it for just nights for a year, and then after that I should pop it in for a day or two every week for the rest of my life. (yeah...right. ;))

You wish! He's the neighbor boy... in that sense. I've known him sense he was born, "dated me", ENGAGED ME OF ALL THINGS!, we broke up, he became a crazy, I see him at church whenever I'm home, and I went to school with him for three years. Oh, and he lives two miles from my house, with his mom, dad, and two twins sisters (they are twins, Ryan is jsut one of their older brothers). He's like.. 13!
Or you can buy them at Wal-mart. They're on sale this week. ;)
Last edited by Kat on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
*returns*
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I wish I had braces. One of my teeth is crooked and I want it straightened out so bad.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Kat wrote:
Or you can buy them at Wal-mart. They're on sale this week. ;)
Oh ya, I remember seeing that in their ad, "buy one freakishly young fiance, get one free" \:D/ I think I'll stock up.