Odyssey in Hollywood

Should there be an Odyssey movie?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should the AIO team make a big, live Odyssey movie?

Yes
28%
No
64%
Don't care
8%

Total votes: 36

Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

*thinks* :-s

Well, what if they just made a movie out of the story line? The Blackaard Saga, Parts 1, 2, and 3! Then they could do the Novacom Saga! That might work, the characters could be totally different, but the plot is the same. :anxious:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Hannahjiejie wrote:*thinks* :-s

Well, what if they just made a movie out of the story line? The Blackaard Saga, Parts 1, 2, and 3! Then they could do the Novacom Saga! That might work, the characters could be totally different, but the plot is the same. :anxious:
Now There's a good idea!! =D>
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I give it a vote of "No". I might be ok if they did a movie based on a book series, like "Passages" or something...where there are different characters and a whole different theme to it. But frankly, i think we all have a certain "picture" of Odyssey and its people in our minds...and there's no way for a movie to encapsulate that whole vision for all of us alike. One or two characters might look right to some of us, and to others all the characters may look about how we pictured them. I think the radio just has put so much in our imagination that anything less than our imagination would be dissapointing for us. So if they wanted to base it off a book series or seomthing, i could deal with it, but not straight off the radio.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

While I don't think there should be a movie, I definately think there should be a clean TV show loosely based on AIO. It would reach a lot of people, and if the Christian message was allowed to shine through, it would be a great outlet for FOTF.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
Hannahjiejie wrote:*thinks* :-s

Now There's a good idea!! =D>
Yeah.
They would have to have Whit,Tom,Connie,Mitch AREM,Bennet Charles,Aurthur Dent,tHE Chariman and Jason, Monica and Bourlon.
Alex and Cal ar staple to keep things going at certain pooints.
Sarahand Mandie could be incorrperated into one caracter.
Jacks part of the story could be cut out as well as nicks.
The Aurbry AND Erica thing could also be cut out
Wootens minor role isnt needed.
And it would be very easy to include Eugenes character through a different actor as the body for the security tape and Will Ryan for the phone recording.
Wooton could be cut out.
They could leave in the part with Armitage and Milie and Brandon or they could just cut it out.
Derns scee dont need to be put in but could be there for comic reilief.
Tony, Mary Hoprkins and Barry Muntz dont need to be in it.
Agneswould only need to be in it if they played up the Tom and Agnes angle.
Theose are my opinions on how they should acterize it.
But maybe the yshould just make a one season TV show abpout it instead.
If they id it right it would have great moral values.
musickid
Just visiting

Post by musickid »

Odyssey is good enough as it is and I don't think that it should be made into a movie, because I don't think that Hollywood would be able to make a ToO like all of us have know on the radio.
I'm going to Ireland!!
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I was thinking about it the other day and I was thinking to myself that if they put the Novacom series into a movie format I would definitely love to watch that. I'm sure there are some story lines that would need to be cut so that it could fit within the timeline of a major motion picture. I just can't see that happening though because I don't think that any studio would want to back that up. Knowing Hollywood it would probably be a little too extravagant in action for a "Christian-type" movie company and too lame in action for a major production studio.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I think the Novacom saga would be excellent as a mini series! Then they would have at least 6-8 hours for time and it would be sort of like a movie, just spaced out between a few episodes. And if that was done, they wouldn't have to cute out tons of the story like they would with a movie.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

AIO can't and shouldn't make a movie of Odyssey.But I wish they'd at least video tape the live shows because I'm not able to go #-o .Now that's something I would buy.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

My personal opinion on the subject is..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Nicely put, Aioman...
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've thought about things like that. Maybe turning all the episodes into half-hour movies. But I don't really like that idea. Hmm, I big movie. I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think it would quite fit. Maybe, but probably not.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I think that Odyssey should not be a made into a movie. I like the radio shows the way they are. Besides, Paul Herlinger in my mind just doesn't look like Whit. Will Ryan is as old as Paul Herlinger (approximately), and who would actually want to look like Eugene or even could look like Eugene?

I do like the angle of ministry though. But Focus has probably already thought of a live movie. If they liked the idea that much, they would have done it already. But, yeah, the animated videos don't do the radio show much credit. I think the animated shows were somewhat mediocre.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:Will Ryan is as old as Paul Herlinger (approximately)
Ya might want to double check your facts.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:Will Ryan is as old as Paul Herlinger (approximately)
Will Ryan is almost 69, so it's possible they're close. :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

American Eagle wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
Will Ryan is almost 69, so it's possible they're close. :D
You're right. I should have checked the facts. What I meant to say was: "Will Ryan is hardly Eugene's age (27 as of "A New Era")."

Do you actually except Cryin Brian Dern to get the facts right? *pauses* Wait a minute - don't answer that.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: