what do you think of aliens?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

ek wrote:
Elise wrote:ok, not turning this into a debate or anything, but if there are no aliens, then how did my dad see a ufo? I honestly don't know what to think.
Weed. \:D/
:lol:

Elise, it was probably a weather balloon, they are often mistaken for UFOs.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

did they have weather balloons in 72?
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Elise wrote:did they have weather balloons in 72?
Yes, they apparently did.

http://www.bookrags.com/research/weathe ... n-woes-02/
Niemand
29K to go!

Post by Niemand »

I want one for Christmas. Please, can I have an alien for Christmas? I ask nicely. O:)
Those who deny chance. — 'No victor believes in chance.'

What does your conscience say? — "You shalt become the person you are."

I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer.

Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent–thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman, and loves only a warrior.
F. W. Nietzsche
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I think that UNIT really needs more official funding, mostly.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Fei wrote:
violet flower wrote:
Birdie wrote:
violet flower wrote:I say No there is no evidence that there are Aliens on other worlds and if there was there is a big problem. You know that in the bible it says that when Jesus died he died for everyones sins, if there were other people in the world then Jesus would of half to die for then once which is not possible. And then who made the Aliens on the other planets?? God clearly made the earth the only place that can support life even the 90 degree tilt of the earth makes it livable. If the earth was a little bit tilted to the left or the right it would be to hot in the summer and to cold in the winter. And we are at the perfect distance from the sun, to protect up for over heating and razz from the sun. To me that is all the prof I need to see that there is no possible way for other planet to support life.
Who said aliens have souls and who says there are not other suns in different solar systems?

Personally, I have no clue about this theory of intelligent life. I tend to think it's just a fantasy created by a group of computer nerds with nothing better to do... but meh, each to their own.
Well (no debating) I heard all this from Jonathan Park (the CD's series) I don't remember exactly how they put it and all, but they made great points. But of course you have your opinions and I have mine.
I'll try to refrain from a debate, and I don't think it will turn to one, but has it occured to you that other life may not need the same amount of oxygen, water, light, etc. to live?

Therefore they would not need the same degrees or tilt the same way, or what so ever.
O.k. show me were your talking about. (and theres no way you can change my mind)
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your first post, were you saying that other life besides life on this planet is not possible because of certain aspects of our planet, the rotation, the way it's situated on it's axis, and distance from the sun?

All I'm saying is that everything you stated above is irrelevant unless these creatures have the same needs as us.

Say these other beings can withstand temperatures that would surely kill any being from Earth, or not need as much oxygen or what ever the need. Therefore, being close or far from the sun may not effect them.

Also, who said these ET's have souls? Souls are what separate humans from animals... or aliens.

To wrap this up, I will gladly change my views, once you provide a solid argument against it, not just bits and pieces from another person's argument. :)

Just for the record, when I say aliens, I don't always mean human-like beings, I could be talking microscopic, yet living, bacteria or small creatures. xD
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Fei wrote:Also, who said these ET's have souls? Souls are what separate humans from animals... or aliens.
Who says that they don't? :P What if when Jesus died for all of humanity it was for other beings such as aliens as well?

But seriously, there is too much on this planet to deal with than to have to try to ask if there is life on other planets. If there were, I'm sure God would take care of them somehow.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

Fei wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your first post, were you saying that other life besides life on this planet is not possible because of certain aspects of our planet, the rotation, the way it's situated on it's axis, and distance from the sun?

All I'm saying is that everything you stated above is irrelevant unless these creatures have the same needs as us.

Say these other beings can withstand temperatures that would surely kill any being from Earth, or not need as much oxygen or what ever the need. Therefore, being close or far from the sun may not effect them.

Also, who said these ET's have souls? Souls are what separate humans from animals... or aliens.

To wrap this up, I will gladly change my views, once you provide a solid argument against it, not just bits and pieces from another person's argument. :)

Just for the record, when I say aliens, I don't always mean human-like beings, I could be talking microscopic, yet living, bacteria or small creatures. xD
O.k. I have one question for you Who put these non like us creatures on those un-discovered planets? And if you say God were in the bible does God say he put other creatures on other planets? And if you say he didn't then are you saying you believe in evolution?
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Not that I'm agreeing with either side here, but just because God didn't tell us that He made other "things," that doesn't mean He didn't make them.

Who says that God has to tell us everything he does/makes?

*goes back to hiding under her rock*
don't forget the rain.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Fei wrote:Also, who said these ET's have souls? Souls are what separate humans from animals... or aliens.
Who says that they don't? :P What if when Jesus died for all of humanity it was for other beings such as aliens as well?

But seriously, there is too much on this planet to deal with than to have to try to ask if there is life on other planets. If there were, I'm sure God would take care of them somehow.
I was just stating that because she made some statement that it's not possible because Christ would have needed to save them as well.

I have no clue if they do or don't. I'm just saying that if they don't, they don't need Christ's death and resurrection.

violet flower wrote:O.k. I have one question for you Who put these non like us creatures on those un-discovered planets? And if you say God were in the bible does God say he put other creatures on other planets? And if you say he didn't then are you saying you believe in evolution?
Where on earth did you get that from? I believe anything with God is possible. He can do whatever he wants, and if He chose to put other beings on different planets, that fine with me.

Who said that God didn't make other life on different planets? Show me a verse, please. Who is calling the shots on what God can or can't do?

Just for the record, I don't believe in macro evolution, micro, yes, but not evolution where one species changed to another.... and how is relevant to aliens?

Now it's my turn for a question. Why are you so set on the fact that God made only humans and that He's not creative and powerful enough to have conjured up other life on other planets.

Lucy, I agree pretty much with your entire post. ;)
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

Fei wrote: Where on earth did you get that from? I believe anything with God is possible. He can do whatever he wants, and if He chose to put other beings on different planets, that fine with me.

Who said that God didn't make other life on different planets? Show me a verse, please. Who is calling the shots on what God can or can't do?

Just for the record, I don't believe in macro evolution, micro, yes, but not evolution where one species changed to another.... and how is relevant to aliens?

Now it's my turn for a question. Why are you so set on the fact that God made only humans and that He's not creative and powerful enough to have conjured up other life on other planets.
Yes God can do anything, but if is not in the bible then I won't believe it. Gods Tell us everything through his word if I can;t find that God said he put different creatures on different planets then I won't believe it.

Off Topic: Hey did anyone else figure out the we were made my lightning on a mud puddle? ;)
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

violet flower wrote:
Fei wrote: Where on earth did you get that from? I believe anything with God is possible. He can do whatever he wants, and if He chose to put other beings on different planets, that fine with me.

Yes God can do anything, but if is not in the bible then I won't believe it. Gods Tell us everything through his word if I can;t find that God said he put different creatures on different planets then I won't believe it.
So you are saying that if it's not in the Bible it can't possibly be true? Well that certainly explains all of the achievments that mankind has made for the past 2000 or so years that are never even mentioned in the Bible...... and of corse the Bible talks about the future, but not what is going on right now....... right.

Anyway, if that sounded totally anti-God, it wasn't, ok. I am a Christian, and I do love God and believe the Bible. Just a little disclaimer so people don't get the wrong idea here.
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

I just have one things to say to those who believe in aliens: Just give my solid know proof thats there are aliens and I will believe it! Just one solid fact!! Are you theories coming from assumptions or facts?
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

violet flower wrote:I just have one things to say to those who believe in aliens: Just give my solid know proof thats there are aliens and I will believe it! Just one solid fact!! Are you theories coming from assumptions or facts?
I never ever ever said there was. For he past posts I've made, I was against your SOLID WITHOUT A DOUBT disbelief.

Give me SOLID proof, biblical or scientific, that aliens or other life does not exist and I will fully renounce anything I've said.
No offense, but where are you getting your points from?

Just because it's not written in black in white in the Bible, doesn't mean it's not there. God doesn't have to tell us everything about his creation. That's why "new" discoveries about nature and such are being found everyday.

Also, just because I believe in micro evolution, does not mean I support the theory that life formed spontaneously from lightning or what not.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I don't think other planets are teaming with life. And UFOs are just secret goverment projects, angels/demons, results of weed, nature or anything along those lines. But that doesn't mean I condemn books or movies or whatever with or involving aliens like some people do. BUT if there are aliens living among us (like in Men in Black), then I know a few of them. :P

-Robo
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I think it's possible but highly doubtful.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

I think some people here are being very close-minded, and in order to start debating, you have to open their minds. ;)

My personnal opinion is that UFOs are not actually real, but I am open to being proven wrong on that. I do believe that God dosen't have to tell us everything that He has done. Besides, the Bible is supposed to be a love letter from God, not a rulebook, not a science textbook. But some people try to make it out as both for some reason, I can't understand why. That's not why the Bible was written, but that's a different talk. God is more powerful than our little box that we tend to put him in. God very well may have made life on other planets: plant life, animal life, and mabye even corporeal life. Mabye there are other dimensions, who knows.

I just wanna say: Don't put God in a box and say what he can or can not do. God is so much more than our limmited understanding. We can only see a small portion of God and his glory, there is so much more to him than that.
oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

All I have to say is two words:
Area 51.

:dumb:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I agree with JJJJ. Well said. :yes: