School

Oh, not again!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

School

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yup, time for school to start again... real soon... for those of us who still go to school....

I start in about 2 weeks. One of my friends started last Monday... yeah, a week ago... He goes to a year round school... kinda weird to me... maybe some of you are taking home schooling... going to a new school.... Like me (new school thing)...

Have you registered?

If so...

What classes are YOU taking??????????

Yeah, that's my main question...

I'm taking... Chemistry, Algebra 2, Spanish 1, Romans and Doctrines, Last Day Events (my two Bible classes for the year, and my teacher is my cousin!!! By marriage...), English Literature, US History, and Northwest History (a requirement for freshman, but since I didn't go to school in Washington for my first two years of high school I have to take freshman NW History and freshman Health before I graduate next year... Health may be next year, or second semester... no time during first... But, I wouldn't mind doing Health if I go to do Shakespeare... I love WWVA...hehe)

What are you taking?
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

School are you kidding me? How dare you say the S word on the ToO! :pope:
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I started school on Monday! \:D/ I'm homeschooled. I'm taking... Chemisty, Algebra 2, Bible, American History (I think), English Composition 1 (at my local community college), Spanish 1, and College Planner. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

(I was just going to start a thread like this when I saw it.) :P

Hmm. I start tommorow, i'm not as stressed about it since i'm a senior now buuut...i'll probably taking AP 12th Grade English, Economics, CNA Certification, Algebra 3, Chemistry (I forgot to register for it last year. :P ), 2 Periods of Work Program thing, and i'm not sure what else. ;) (That spans both semesters.)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Yay quarter system...I don't start until September 24th. :D And I haven't even registered for classes yet because a bunch of recently taken math test (blech. :() have to come in (which could be a bad thing... :-k ).
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

I start school the day after labor day. That is coming up soon

I'm taking Senior Bible, English, Physics, Biblical Finance, AP History (which is probably one of my easiest classes), and probably Choir. I also get a study hall most every day, I think the exception is Wednesday where we only do half of our classes and then have Chapel and then go into groups and do community service stuff. I really like it. I'm am looking forward to my senior year.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm taking playing video games, watching TV and movies, browsing the internet while at work, sitting around in my cushy office doing nothing and getting paid for it, etc... \:D/
Forte
OK

Post by Forte »

I haven't registered for the classes yet, but I should know them pretty soon. Gettin' kinda nervous, being my first year in college and all...
The Top Crusader wrote:I'm taking playing video games, watching TV and movies, browsing the internet while at work, sitting around in my cushy office doing nothing and getting paid for it, etc... \:D/
Where can I take those classes? D:
|My LiveJournal|My Facebook (Add me, please! I need a reason to use it! :P|

I like changing my avatar a lot, so expect a new one every now and then.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I don't start school until January :badgrin:

I graduated from homeschool last summer, when I was 16. Sooo...I'm waiting to start college xD

The college I'm going to has a new start date every 2 months. I *was* signed up to go in September, but some stuff came up and I won't be able to. So January it is :D
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Well not ALL home schoolers can be like kait. Kudos, Kait. I start school again in September. Because I started summer the end June.

-Robo
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I start on the 18th of this month. :( I will be taking Biology, Algebra 1, and...probably Spanish. As for other little things I may be taking, I'm not sure.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

HA!!

Sorry guys, but I finish my grade 10 year the end of this month and get off for when I finish to October.

When I start again, I am taking:

Chemistry
Advanced Math
American Lit.
Shakespear
Canadian history
French(again for the 3 year)

And that is my grade 11.
The Top Crusader wrote:I'm taking playing video games, watching TV and movies, browsing the internet while at work, sitting around in my cushy office doing nothing and getting paid for it, etc... \:D/
I wish!

Oh yeah. And I am homeschooled.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I understand the French thing.. when you live in Canada, tis mandatory in school... cause it's the second main language in Canada... Zack hated it. Poor boy.... Hope you like it, FlyGirl! Hye, and you're taking a few things I'm taking! Like Chemistry. I may be able to do Shakespeare second semester. I don't know. I will have to wait and see to talk with Mr. Izeman, the schools class scheduler and all.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

School... Hmm. It'll be challenging. I'm kinda looking forward to it. We start the 18th. I'm taking Physics, Calculus, Spanish 4 and numerous other classes...

I'm excited to be a senior but also dreading the late nights doing homework...
I do what I do.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Like Top, I too will be studying Slothfulness I and II (hopefully a year-long course) in addition to Getting Paid to Do Practically Nothing I and II.
oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

I'm only taking
Italian 3
French.
weeeeeeh.
Fun times.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I've already started school up again... I'm using Lighthouse Christian Academy and taking:

Etymology
Music
History
Biology
Geometry
English II
English III
Spanish I (and possibly II and III as soon as I finish I)
Keyboarding
Piano
\:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Oh yes, I will also be finishing up World History.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I don't officially start until the second week of September. But with homeschooling, you've always got some school to do in the summer. :-)

I'll be studying Greek, Physics, Calvin's Institutes, German, C.S. Lewis/Tolkien, Trig/Pre-Calc, and whatever else that I need to be learning.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I'm homeschooled. I start school August 25, I think.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")