What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Fancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

A friend lent me the 1st book to Winnie The Horse Gentler series and it was very good!! \:D/
Now I will return to my beloved Redwall, and now that I will have a little more time this summer I should hopefully finish it soon.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I recently finished reading the first book in the Clique seires, by Lisi Harrison, and I really liked it. I got the second book from the library today and will be reading it soon. I'm not sure if anyone else here has ever read those books, but I like them so far.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

a gathering of memories..

hey how do i get into the chat w/o downloading anything?
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

I stoped reading Jumper....because it was awful :anxious:
I'm about to start reading The Oath

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Heirs of Acadia - T.Davis and Isabella Bunn

Very good series. It's set in.. oh, I don't know... early 1800s, maybe? Something like that. Each book is based off a different character, except for the last three. They have teh same two characters as the main ones in them... but I've only read the first two. Aeva, my sister, is a very slow reader, so I daren't read the third one too quickly.

I'm also reading Emma by Jane Austen. I don't like it. It's... too slow, for me. Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility were both waaay better. *shrugs* And the book is so small it's about 446 pages, with about a 200 paged introduction which I skipped. It's quite depressing how slowly it seems to be taking me - even though I've read more than half...

I just also finished this really great trilogy. Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers*. It's set during the fall of Jerusalem, and is a great trilogy about Redemption, forgiveness, etc. The main character, Hadassah, seems so real, and has a really strong faith. They're long, but filled completely with great stuff.

*Note, there are gladiators in it... and other stuff, which I won't get into. She[F.Rivers] doesn't describe anything at all, and it's all brief, but I'm gonna shut-up now...

:D Great books. Each of them.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm reading "The Princess and the Hound"... it's a really good book. Interesting. Gave me an idea for a magical story. SOmething I've never actually done before, so it's a first.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Aslan wrote:I stoped reading Jumper....because it was awful :anxious:
I'm about to start reading The Oath
Best book by Peretti.. ever. \:D/

Just finished The Visitation, by the same author.
...I hate marquees.
mike_rowe
I've been here a bit

Post by mike_rowe »

im working on "the INDWELLING" sorta disturbing, but cool! \:D/
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

The Voyage of the Dawn Treaderby C.S Lewis
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Wings of Morning by Kathleen Morgan. It is the second book in her These Highland Hills trilogy. Excellent so far. :D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Right now, I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird. It's a summer ritual to read that book, my favoritest book.
I do what I do.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I just read Tuck Everlasting. There were several differences from the movie, but both were very good.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
Save Eugene in the character competition!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The Creature From Jekyll Island: A second look at the federal reserve system. :-
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started reading "Par for the Course" by Ray Blackston today - I had a dentist appointment, so at least this kept me smiling while I waited for the torture to begin! It's fairly amusing so far.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I love you, Ronnie. by Nancy Reagan. And Darien's Rise by McCuskur.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laurie wrote:Wings of Morning by Kathleen Morgan. It is the second book in her These Highland Hills trilogy. Excellent so far. :D
I finished the second book and am now reading the third and final book in this trilogy: A Fire Within.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

OK. So I'm in a new book now. I'm reading "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning. It is OK so far but it's a little difficult to understand. I have only read one chapter so I'm hoping it gets better. It was kind of funny because after I finished reading "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis I was yearning for new reading material. In Colorado Springs we have several different libraries all at different locations. I was lucky to find that they had "The Ragamuffin Gospel" at the library closest to my house so I ran up to the library immediately so that I could get my hands on it. I'm not sure about how popular this book is but I got my hands on it without having to wait in line for it.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

Ghost of lunenburge manor.
It takes place where i am from.